• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I cannot speak to what you are saying because I am not an expert. If you are an expert, kudos to you and I stand corrected. I have seen all sorts of layouts on covers, so I was assuming they have a lot of control over the process regardless of artwork size. I guess they are just investing time into some covers? To be clear, I think they should work on all images to accommodate the artwork, Not for any particular reason for any one cover, like you wisecracked about, but for all cover art. I think its insulting to the artist what they did here, as I would if they covered up any artwork like this. It's sloppy, and lame.

That still does not take away that they intentionally placed the logo to cover it up. They can do whatever they like with the logo's, I have provided proof for that already.

Here's the thing: unless Manara had previously created the art and subsequently Marvel decided they wanted to use it for a cover (an unlikely scenario, I think), then Manara, as a professional artist with a commission, needs to understand the specs of the end use. This is commercial art, not fine art. (That's not an opinion on the quality, it's clarifying the end use, which involves the addition of elements other than the art in the final product.) I would think that any professional cover artist should understand that anything in the top third or so of the art is subject to being covered up by those other required graphics, unless some prior discussion with the client to move those elements elsewhere gives the artist clearance to use the area. I won't pretend to know what actually transpired here, but Manara didn't really leave much space to work with. I suppose they could have just plastered the logo over her face, because we know that's not the focal point he intended for the piece.

I think the whole issue over the image is foolish to begin with. It shows her butt up in the air, big deal, I wonder how many people out there are clueless the valentine day heart on candy / cards is modeled after the female butt. 2c

Edited by natevegas

No because the early previews were like magazines, and just like how certain issues of warrior magazine can be encapsulated and some can not, the new era of large giant Sears catelog sized preview magazines means in this case, it doesn't matter.

No because the early previews were like magazines, and just like how certain issues of warrior magazine can be encapsulated and some can not, the new era of large giant Sears catelog sized preview magazines means in this case, it doesn't matter.

Thanks Jimmy.

Ive not seen the older issues, and didn't know about the size difference.

It may matter to some people, but probably not enough, especially at this time, to make a significant difference in the hobby. The question is whether it will make a difference to people down the road, and my guess is no.

This one hasn't heated up yet, but What if 105 first May Parker could be one to get now before Spider-verse is over. Also Amazing Spider-man 30 first Morlun, great Campbell Cover and sleeper for sure.

does anyone know the issue where peter and mjs baby was born?

This one hasn't heated up yet, but What if 105 first May Parker could be one to get now before Spider-verse is over. Also Amazing Spider-man 30 first Morlun, great Campbell Cover and sleeper for sure.

ASM somewhere in the 4-teens I think.

ASM somewhere in the 4-teens I think.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_418