• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I really believe in the sustainability of this book. Points to consider: a 1st appearance of a character which is not in his/her own series and relatively little to no hype, in my book those are always classic keys as opposed to manufactured variants. 50k for a popular character is really nothing, sustainability is the big question here, and from what we see so far, it does look like spider gwen will be here for awhile. Female demographic is bigger than ever in the comic world now. Harley, Squirrel Girl, Ms marvel, X23, spider woman/girl and now spider gwen. I think thats why Manara's Spiderwoman interpretation was considered "controversial" - it wouldnt have happened a few years ago when female comic book readers werent as big as today.

My advice is to hold on to whatever stock you have on this character, even 2nd prints are keepers.

I'm with you on this. I'm a big believer in EOSV 2. When i first heard about the character I absolutely loved it, and so did a lot of other people. It's one of those things that just works, and you can't really put a finger on exactly why.

I expect to see the same massive bell curve on it that we see in 99.99% of the modern market especially as all of the 9.8's sitting at CGC start hitting the market en masse. meh

-J.

When the LCS has more females actively buying or I see more at convention I will know they are succeeding in their attempts.

Maybe female readers prefer to shop online?

I mean seriously, I would be a little bit intimidated myself if I walked into a comic book store and saw this guy:

I am not saying you are wrong either. There is just isn't any data yet to support it.

I really believe in the sustainability of this book. Points to consider: a 1st appearance of a character which is not in his/her own series and relatively little to no hype, in my book those are always classic keys as opposed to manufactured variants. 50k for a popular character is really nothing, sustainability is the big question here, and from what we see so far, it does look like spider gwen will be here for awhile. Female demographic is bigger than ever in the comic world now. Harley, Squirrel Girl, Ms marvel, X23, spider woman/girl and now spider gwen. I think thats why Manara's Spiderwoman interpretation was considered "controversial" - it wouldnt have happened a few years ago when female comic book readers werent as big as today.

My advice is to hold on to whatever stock you have on this character, even 2nd prints are keepers.

I'm with you on this. I'm a big believer in EOSV 2. When i first heard about the character I absolutely loved it, and so did a lot of other people. It's one of those things that just works, and you can't really put a finger on exactly why.

I expect to see the same massive bell curve on it that we see in 99.99% of the modern market especially as all of the 9.8's sitting at CGC start hitting the market en masse. meh

-J.

This. In spades. :sumo:

How about this book for future potential...

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0 -- look for the opposing page to the Deathlok digital code advertisement.

I SMELL CABBAGE (the kind with dead presidents on them! ;) )

Edited by true_story1011

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0 -- look for the opposing page to the Deathlok digital code advertisement.

Another one of them. doh!

Welcome to the boards.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/18/gwen-stacy-the-new-character-find-of-2014/

So for now it's the first appearance of the costume?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/18/gwen-stacy-the-new-character-find-of-2014/

I would think this attracts the sort of attention that preview issues and the like get, something that sellers are more excited about than their potential customers, since it's not the actual character but rather just a partial visual of the costume.

So for now it's the first appearance of the costume?

Since the only thing that is actually new about the character or the concept is the costume, yes, that would be correct. (thumbs u

-J.