• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

How about this book for future potential...

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0 -- look for the opposing page to the Deathlok digital code advertisement.

I SMELL CABBAGE (the kind with dead presidents on them! ;) )

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/18/gwen-stacy-the-new-character-find-of-2014/

So for now it's the first appearance of the costume?

Since the only thing that is actually new about the character or the concept is the costume, yes, that would be correct. (thumbs u

-J.

I think the whole definition of the term "cameo" is changing monetarily.

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0 -- look for the opposing page to the Deathlok digital code advertisement.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/18/gwen-stacy-the-new-character-find-of-2014/

I would think this attracts the sort of attention that preview issues and the like get, something that sellers are more excited about than their potential customers, since it's not the actual character but rather just a partial visual of the costume.

nothing about this comic screams preview.

I would think this attracts the sort of attention that preview issues and the like get, something that sellers are more excited about than their potential customers, since it's not the actual character but rather just a partial visual of the costume.

It'll be interesting to see how this book will be recognized for first appearance as Lady Thor and Spider-Gwen both appear in costumed cameo's by what we can assume are cosplayers.

Did you actually read what I wrote or do you just have some sort of Pavlovian response to the word "preview"? I was drawing a comparison to the importance of previews, because, much like previews, this issue does not have a story containing the new Spider-woman character. It features a visual of the costume that she wears (included, I imagine, as a gag, or perhaps as a way to drive sales of the book to people who care far too much about an inconsequential depiction of a costume).

Did you actually read what I wrote or do you just have some sort of Pavlovian response to the word "preview"? I was drawing a comparison to the importance of previews, because, much like previews, this issue does not have a story containing the new Spider-woman character. It features a visual of the costume that she wears (included, I imagine, as a gag, or perhaps as a way to drive sales of the book to people who care far too much about an inconsequential depiction of a costume).

Thanks bud but my response has nothing to do with conditioning. You do not seem to be supporting the idea that the first appearance of the costume is important because, as you say, " the issue has nothing to do with Spider-woman and is for people who care far too much about an inconsequential depiction of a costume". I just cannot buy into that assumption though. To date we have no idea why those characters are there. It appears that it's cosplay but Gwen does make direct eye contact with either Hawkeye or us in that last panel. Does that matter? To date we cannot say because both she and the female Thor might be there for a reason yet to be explained.

Also I just can't see Marvel sticking this in there to drive up sales either. If they wanted to do that then they would have put both on the cover. This comic is simply just another example of a failure of the marketplace to correct itself.

Thanks bud but my response has nothing to do with conditioning. You do not seem to be supporting the idea that the first appearance of the costume is important because, as you say, " the issue has nothing to do with Spider-woman and is for people who care far too much about an inconsequential depiction of a costume". I just cannot buy into that assumption though. To date we have no idea why those characters are there. It appears that it's cosplay but Gwen does make direct eye contact with either Hawkeye or us in that last panel. Does that matter? To date we cannot say because both she and the female Thor might be there for a reason yet to be explained.

Also I just can't see Marvel sticking this in there to drive up sales either. If they wanted to do that then they would have put both on the cover. This comic is simply just another example of a failure of the marketplace to correct itself.

I see the comic about as important as Web of Spidey 18.

If we saw Venom's upper body pushing Peter in WEB 18 this would be true but then that would be the first appearance of Venom. Web 18 compares better to Adventures of Superman 496.

+1.

How do we know that isn't simply spider-Gwen and lady Thor deliberately blending in with cosplayers?

-J.

+1.

How do we know that isn't simply spider-Gwen and lady Thor deliberately blending in with cosplayers?

-J.

Spider-Gwen isn't in the same universe. Come to think of it, that really makes no sense. A comic that isn't logical. Maybe CGC can label it as such?

It seems to me all this talk about first appearances, while fun, is putting the cart before the horse. First of all, these characters need to get established and achieve a following and demand. I understand spending a nominal amount of money on a first appearance in the hopes that somewhere down the line the character will become popular, but if these characters go bust (and let's face it, most characters do) then it won't matter what issue is the "true" first appearance.

Are we at the point where it doesn't matter if a character has a following? (shrug) Or is Marvel that good now that these characters are going to be around for the next 15 - 20 years? Or does it not matter because of... well, money.

Also I just can't see Marvel sticking this in there to drive up sales either…

Fine. The gag option then.

This isn't the first time this conversation has happened, it seems that every couple of days someone discovers HvD #0 and has $_$. Those panels are marvels tongue in cheek dig at cosplayers before the characters were published, its in a deadpool book ffs. If this book has demand at all, it will be from "investors". EOSV 2 on the other hand has all the potential to be hot for a long time. The character is the best thing to come out of marvel all year and she is going to be everywhere. I can see a hit netflix cartoon.

This isn't the first time this conversation has happened, it seems that every couple of days someone discovers HvD #0 and has $_$. Those panels are marvels tongue in cheek dig at cosplayers before the characters were published, its in a deadpool book ffs. If this book has demand at all, it will be from "investors". EOSV 2 on the other hand has all the potential to be hot for a long time. The character is the best thing to come out of marvel all year and she is going to be everywhere. I can see a hit netflix cartoon.

You should buy 50 copies then . . . :baiting:

+1.

-J.

Spider-Gwen isn't in the same universe.

Characters can travel between universes, no?

No. Characters shouldn't be able to travel between universes.

You think red son Superman and normal superman would ever meet in the DC Universe?

Marvel is cray cray and just does stuff to make people go :o

You should buy 50 copies then . . . :baiting:

Why, you have some ebay "NM"s to unload? :banana:

+1.

-J.

Spider-Gwen isn't in the same universe.

Characters can travel between universes, no?

How often does that happen in Spider-Man?

If we saw Venom's upper body pushing Peter in WEB 18 this would be true but then that would be the first appearance of Venom. Web 18 compares better to Adventures of Superman 496.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It's not the same, since you don't see the whole character (obviously!)

But it is the same in that it's a curiosity, but not important overall.

No one cares about a throw-away panel in a Deadpool comic. If EOSV 2 becomes a $300 book like ASM 300, then just like WOS 18, this may be an $12 book.