• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9.8 regular covers for eosv are still going up. Anyone know the print run? I have copies waiting to get slabbed, so I hope I don't miss the boat completely.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EDGE-OF-SPIDER-VERSE-2-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-1ST-APP-OF-NEW-SPIDER-WOMAN-GWEN-STACEY-/181589354525?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a4791a81d

Looks like 54,415

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-09.html

I'm surprised at the sustained popularity of this issue; glad I kept a copy.

Last time I'll put a comic like that back on the shelf when I look at the artwork inside and say "nah, I'll pass".

Oh well, at least I have a second printing issue :(

I really believe in the sustainability of this book. Points to consider: a 1st appearance of a character which is not in his/her own series and relatively little to no hype, in my book those are always classic keys as opposed to manufactured variants. 50k for a popular character is really nothing, sustainability is the big question here, and from what we see so far, it does look like spider gwen will be here for awhile. Female demographic is bigger than ever in the comic world now. Harley, Squirrel Girl, Ms marvel, X23, spider woman/girl and now spider gwen. I think thats why Manara's Spiderwoman interpretation was considered "controversial" - it wouldnt have happened a few years ago when female comic book readers werent as big as today.

My advice is to hold on to whatever stock you have on this character, even 2nd prints are keepers.

I really believe in the sustainability of this book. Points to consider: a 1st appearance of a character which is not in his/her own series and relatively little to no hype, in my book those are always classic keys as opposed to manufactured variants. 50k for a popular character is really nothing, sustainability is the big question here, and from what we see so far, it does look like spider gwen will be here for awhile. Female demographic is bigger than ever in the comic world now. Harley, Squirrel Girl, Ms marvel, X23, spider woman/girl and now spider gwen. I think thats why Manara's Spiderwoman interpretation was considered "controversial" - it wouldnt have happened a few years ago when female comic book readers werent as big as today.

My advice is to hold on to whatever stock you have on this character, even 2nd prints are keepers.

Third Print?

Sell into you are into the black then hold. All moderns especially ones this new should use that to some degree.

Unless of course you like to gamble. You might win big or you will have box of $1 books. The modern market has changed dramatically over the last two years.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Here here!!! to include the 3rd print also

Sell into you are into the black then hold. All moderns especially ones this new should use that to some degree.

Unless of course you like to gamble. You might win big or you will have box of $1 books. The modern market has changed dramatically over the last two years.

Pretty sage advice here.

Third Print?

That depends on the print run mainly, it seems to be buzzing on the Bay at the moment.

If you get them at cover, I'd say snatch a few..

I also forgot to add female Thor to the list above, although eBay prices still seem relatively low, the several LCS I frequently visit report a larger than average appetite for this title.

I think we are about to embark on a new speculating era with this long overdue new and exciting demographic of readers

Edited by Aweandlorder

I also forgot to add female Thor to the list above, although eBay prices still seem relatively low, the several LCS I frequently visit report a larger than average appetite for this title.

I think we are about to embark on a new speculating era with this long overdue new and exciting demographic of readers

This is largely why I started hunting Carol Danvers books recently. Even without the movie, down the road I think she's going to be much more important to the Marvel Universe than she is now. Basically I expect she's going to hold a position in the MU similar to Wonder Woman.

This is largely why I started hunting Carol Danvers books recently. Even without the movie, down the road I think she's going to be much more important to the Marvel Universe than she is now. Basically I expect she's going to hold a position in the MU similar to Wonder Woman.

Agreed, I've been getting her books and more recently Kamala Kahn books, just had a Captain Marvel 14 & 17 arrive today actually. Haven't done much with female Thor outside of the Thor #1 deadpool variant, maybe I'll have to stock up.

While I think you are right I think its awhile longer before it really becomes apparent in circulation numbers. Maybe another year or so. When I see more women next to me hunting back issues on titles I will really know its changed.

I see this occasionally now, but just enough to notice.

While I think you are right I think its awhile longer before it really becomes apparent in circulation numbers. Maybe another year or so. When I see more women next to me hunting back issues on titles I will really know its changed.

It goes with out saying I'm sure, but the success of the movies with female lead characters will be a huge factor in this I think. If Captain Marvel is a huge success, I can see a pretty big leap in female fan base numbers.

You think its not here yet?

Just look at how many "sold" listings there are on the new thor on ebay, as opposed to say deadpool... I know that this is not an accurate figre 100% but you would see that

Thor 2014 has 650+ sold books which is pretty darn close to deadpool 2014 730+ sold listings...

I dont think Thor was that exciting for a long time now (sorry Thor fans)

Also, I think that bad girl female character will be more popular among female readers than inhibited characters.. Harley is a perfect example.. Bad girl, bad character resonate with female teenagers more than your typical female superhero. I wouldnt be surprised if a large demographic of Zombie Tramp is also attributed to female readers

You think its not here yet?

Just look at how many "sold" listings there are on the new thor on ebay, as opposed to say deadpool... I know that this is not an accurate figre 100% but you would see that

Thor 2014 has 650+ sold books which is pretty darn close to deadpool 2014 730+ sold listings...

I dont think Thor was that exciting for a long time now (sorry Thor fans)

Also, I think that bad girl female character will be more popular among female readers than inhibited characters.. Harley is a perfect example.. Bad girl, bad character resonate with female teenagers more than your typical female superhero. I wouldnt be surprised if a large demographic of Zombie Tramp is also attributed to female readers

No I don't. Its moving quicker in that direction, but its a long way to go. Rat Queens is another example. This year is a good beginning.

When the LCS has more females actively buying or I see more at convention I will know they are succeeding in their attempts. I try to look more then just speculation currently because there just isn't enough data in yet.

Edited by Fastballspecial

When the LCS has more females actively buying or I see more at convention I will know they are succeeding in their attempts.

Maybe female readers prefer to shop online?

I mean seriously, I would be a little bit intimidated myself if I walked into a comic book store and saw this guy:

chucke.jpg

I'm with you on this. I'm a big believer in EOSV 2. When i first heard about the character I absolutely loved it, and so did a lot of other people. It's one of those things that just works, and you can't really put a finger on exactly why.