• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,792 posts in this topic

Yes, sold like 5 copies today for $15 shipped, something must be up.

Not complaining though.

Tempted to throw a few variants on the bay.

Mine's been sitting for two weeks at about $10 shipped. :(

Lots of them are sitting at less than $10 each. The prices have come down from the initial frenzy.

what comic was being discussed.

i'm confused now? I thought we are talking about batman #40 :grin:

I think that was from a previous post (he mentions comics sitting for 2 weeks) about a different comic but I can't find it...or don't care enough to flip through the thread.

Edited by krighton

looks just like the Mask, how is that terrible.

For that exact reason.

Maybe he didn't know it was movie cover swipe month. (shrug)

I'm aware. The cover is just not good, IMO. They could have picked a better movie, too.

looks just like the Mask, how is that terrible.

For that exact reason.

Maybe he didn't know it was movie cover swipe month. (shrug)

I'm aware. The cover is just not good, IMO. They could have picked a better movie, too.

+1 I don't like it either....and The Mask was one of my favorite movies as a small child.

:facepalm: This means I'll hafta be up early Wednesday to hit the lcs for a copy of Bats #40 reg, variant, movie variant and maybe I'll pick up a combo pack too.

Geez, this is just :screwy:

you'll be a week early so you should be fine

Nice try, but I didn't say this Wednesday! :makepoint:

Currently there's just one Kubert 1:25 up and the BIN is insane... Bats #40

Batman #40 combo pack is going to be a "thing" in a couple weeks.

Mainstream press will be calling it the "_____" of "______" & "_____".

As long time savvy fans, we know better.

:)

It releases the week before FCBD & leads directly into Divergence, which is the 1st appearance of the NEW "______"

It's sold out at Diamond weeks in advance.

TON of mainstream media coming.

You're welcome,,,

Baby Trey wants credit on his site...

Funny.

The information leaked on March 31. You posted that on April 9. doh!

I like the movie cover thing. Deadpool merc with a mouth did the same thing and they were pretty cool.

I don't get the high prices for bats 40. So what if they die? It's just like any other death. Donatello died, Damian died, Spiderman died, Terry mcguinness died(he'll probably stay dead though) itll all be back to status quo in a few months.

These are pretty high prices though...

Oh, and they could have gone with a much better cover for the movie variant.

:facepalm: This means I'll hafta be up early Wednesday to hit the lcs for a copy of Bats #40 reg, variant, movie variant and maybe I'll pick up a combo pack too.

Geez, this is just :screwy:

I agree, the current asking prices for batman 40 combos are insane. We dont know what the print run for this book will be.. If we were to draw a comparison to a similar "death" story from Batman's history, maybe A Death In the Family would apply. I believe the real winners here long term would be Batman 35 and prolly 37 because of the cover and recent closed sales reports.

But this is just speculation

Backordered at Diamond about 2 weeks before release....I've rarely seen demand hit this high this fast for a comic.

Normally I have time to order some at the online stores once the word hits.....only got lucky at gohastings or I wouldn't have any of the regular cover.