• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

what sweet news was announced, besides more Bloodshot speculation.

Valiant can get hotter by some of the 2012 stuff getting hot...right now it's not really selling.

+1. The relaunch has been a dud back issue sales wise despite a couple of the titles being fun reads.

Movies with characters I never gave a about, same said for valiant as a company. But if it makes dollar bin books worth flipping to pay the bills then I'm all for it. Until it tanks

Don't have to care about the properties to make money on them....with 5 movies being planned and it has the Fast & Furious producers involved not sure it will go as far as tanking.

We have till 2017 anyways so be interesting to see which comics rise to the top

Edited by krighton

Valiant can get hotter by some of the 2012 stuff getting hot...right now it's not really selling.

+1. The relaunch has been a dud back issue sales wise despite a couple of the titles being fun reads.

if you happen to go to an LCS that orders a lot (rare), you can generally get good money for variants and occasionally for reprints.

if you happen to go to an LCS that orders a lot (rare), you can generally get good money for variants and occasionally for reprints.

Been there and done that early on and made some nice quick profits. Last year I picked up a small pile of limited variants for cheap from a store (including another Shadowman black in the folder) so I am happy to see that they may have some life. lol

Well they are onto something involving the Inhumans. Check Uncanny Inhumans #0 for spoilers, but the word mutant will soon no longer apply ala written out of the marvel U. My speculation of course. -edit

Issue 40 has the Utopians, and then, yeah, this whole thing. No variants that I can see either.

Really?

This movie rights butt hurt is driving me crazy...

Well they are onto something involving the Inhumans. Check Uncanny Inhumans #0 for spoilers, but the word mutant will soon no longer apply ala written out of the marvel U. My speculation of course. -edit

Issue 40 has the Utopians, and then, yeah, this whole thing. No variants that I can see either.

Really?

This movie rights butt hurt is driving me crazy...

This movie rights butt hurt is showing Marvel at its lowest low: I find this the Nth insulting stance towards readers, as much as I love the Inhumans.

They are "adjusting" their characters for their whims of "commercial warfare" over movie production? And as a reader I should "appreciate" this and give them my money? Shameful… Well, as many other things anyway… :sick:

The X-Men titles have always been my favorite Marvel books. Not that I have many Marvels on my pull list anymore. But erasing the term mutant seems petty, and irritates me. Oh well. I still have my back issues to enjoy.

X-men started with regular human beings that had x genes thus making them mutants. Professor Xavier put a team together and called them the X-Men. I don't give a what Marvel's think tank thinks is cool, hip, trendy, instant, breaking down barriers whatever. This is the origin and its a slap to all older readers / collectors out there to say now they are not mutants. Stop insulting my intelligence Marvel its not working.

Edited by natevegas

Well we will have to wait for Uncanny 600 to find out WTF. Bendis's run is ending there because he said he would not be on board for the whole Inhuman switch. in fewer, more vague terms at least.

My speculation is this:

They still are mutants, but they come from an Inhuman who's lineage after his terrigenesis is likely built in activation of gifts for his children, meaning no mist needed to activate making them the cousins of the Inhumans.

Still assembled by Xavier, who may or may not be returning if they align the universe timeline with the All New X-Men as they are now, or as they were with Jean dead ect.

also, they could just keep saying x-gene over and over instead of saying mutant.

The X-Men titles have always been my favorite Marvel books. Not that I have many Marvels on my pull list anymore. But erasing the term mutant seems petty, and irritates me. Oh well. I still have my back issues to enjoy.

X-men started with regular human beings that had x genes thus making them mutants. Professor Xavier put a team together and called them the X-Men. I don't give a what Marvel's think tank thinks is cool, hip, trendy, instant, breaking down barriers whatever. This is the origin and its a slap to all older readers / collectors out there to say now they are not mutants. Stop insulting my intelligence Marvel its not working.

That. If written properly they could treat whatever problematic theme or refer to actuality in all its instances, but they rather prefer this dishonesty towards readers. Not good – in fact, getting worse.

awesome, this is like the force instead of being a metaphysical Good & Evil actually being made up midechlorians.

I know in the end I always liked you… :grin: (and I don’t care about Star Wars but loathed that midichlorion thing).

BTW, just got your Amazing Adventures: really sweet, thanks man!

awesome, this is like the force instead of being a metaphysical Good & Evil actually being made up midechlorians.

I know in the end I always liked you :grin: (and I dont care about Star Wars but loathed that midichlorion thing).

BTW, just got your Amazing Adventures: really sweet, thanks man!

wow that took forever....glad you got it.

I have some likeability in me somewhere, tends to stay hidden most of the time.

Edited by krighton

why don't you just say what the valiant news is? Or put another way, why can't you just say what you've heard?

Well, OP was legit. I admit, I doubted it. Thanks for the heads up.

why don't you just say what the valiant news is? Or put another way, why can't you just say what you've heard?

To your credit, betterthanezra did come out of the blue to register and post something that raised eyebrows. You were right to be skeptical. (thumbs u

To your credit, betterthanezra did come out of the blue to register and post something that raised eyebrows. You were right to be skeptical. (thumbs u

Agreed. I thought that they announced this a couple of months ago. Eternal Warrior #4 was already selling well and I don't know why a Harbinger announcement would make it sell better than it did last month. I can't say I'm not thankful. I have a lot of Valiant books that until recently were just filler. Now if we can just make something happen with Solar, Magnus, Turok, and the other big stars of the 90's Valiantverse. lol