• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,792 posts in this topic

I see some auctions that Eternal Warrior 5 is the 1st FULL appearance. This true? Also see 2nd appearance, and/or 1st in continuity. Help. haha

EW #5 picks up where EW #4 leaves off. Rai #0 basically bridges the gap between the contemporary Valiant Universe (of the '90s) and the Valiant Universe in 4001. Bloodshot plays a part in that, but it takes place some time after the EW issues.

That's true, but Rai #0 was released first, which is why most consider that issue his first full appearance.

I see some auctions that Eternal Warrior 5 is the 1st FULL appearance. This true? Also see 2nd appearance, and/or 1st in continuity. Help. haha

EW #5 picks up where EW #4 leaves off. Rai #0 basically bridges the gap between the contemporary Valiant Universe (of the '90s) and the Valiant Universe in 4001. Bloodshot plays a part in that, but it takes place some time after the EW issues.

That's true, but Rai #0 was released first, which is why most consider that issue his first full appearance.

True. I was just explaining the bit about continuity. I suppose I could see how some people might see EW#5 as as much of a key in this scenario, since it completes the story that Bloodshot first appears in.

So is deadpool 14 a $50 book in NM now or is someone playing a prank us?

Must be. Deadpool 19 (2008 series) will eventually be a $50 book. Something big is gonna happen with Hit Monkey

Depends on if this is worth 50 dollars to you:

dp1401.jpg

dp1402.jpg

Impossible to tell if 14 will be the book to buy or if it will be overtaken by a later, more substantial appearance. However the people that are paying a good amount of money for it should know that it has always been at least a 10 dollar book, and not dollar bin fodder (though of course you could find it there often enough).

For 50 bucks you could buy really nice copies of issues 17, 18, and 19 where Deadpool and Ajax actually interact and fight plus Ajax's death. Or you could buy a decent copy of Deadpool and Death Annual 1998, which takes place after issue 17 and explains the origin of Deadpool and Ajax. Deadpool also dies in the issue and gets to literally kiss death to come back to life.

dp1401.jpg

dp1402.jpg

Impossible to tell if 14 will be the book to buy or if it will be overtaken by a later, more substantial appearance. However the people that are paying a good amount of money for it should know that it has always been at least a 10 dollar book, and not dollar bin fodder (though of course you could find it there often enough).

For 50 bucks you could buy really nice copies of issues 17, 18, and 19 where Deadpool and Ajax actually interact and fight plus Ajax's death. Or you could buy a decent copy of Deadpool and Death Annual 1998, which takes place after issue 17 and explains the origin of Deadpool and Ajax. Deadpool also dies in the issue and gets to literally kiss death to come back to life.

people frequenting this thread are rarely the 'end user', so I'm guessing they'll take the one with the most 'potential' financially. Seems like the market is going with 14 currently, but obviously that could change.

I paid less than $50 for 14-19. You can find deals, but 17 is likely to be the better Appearance book long term.

I agree that Hit Monkey should be in the Deadpool movie series, because Hit Monkey is just awesome. But there is no need for any speculation on that book currently. It has been a steady $20.00 book for a while.

Edited by UltraMaximus

dp1401.jpg

dp1402.jpg

people frequenting this thread are rarely the 'end user', so I'm guessing they'll take the one with the most 'potential' financially. Seems like the market is going with 14 currently, but obviously that could change.

The most potential financially would be the 98 Annual as it has always commanded the highest price. And for those on this board who don't care for cameos they would be better off buying issue 17 or the annual.

I got burned on the GA Green Lantern gay thing, never again. I'm starting to think the per capita ratio of gay to straight in comics is climbing much higher than real life (approx. 3.3%)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-4-ACTION-FIGURE-variant-BOBA-FETT-MARVEL-Darth-Vader-Han-Solo-1st-2-/161673227370?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a479ac6a

this one is still climbing vf/nm and there's a Best Offer of a similar comic up for $69.95 (not mine)

Edited by krighton

Apparently Iceman will come out of the closet, or be dragged out by Jean Grey in All-New X-Men #40.

http://io9.com/one-of-the-original-x-men-has-come-out-as-gay-1699181445?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

This is why I get less Marvel books and soon will not be picking up any new issues. Diversity for the sake of diversity for the sake of saying hey look we are all championing diversity is incredibly fake. WTG Marvel. (shrug)

It's really quite silly....I don't care who they kiss or whatever after they hang up their superhero outfit...i want adventure and battles not a romance story..the only relationships in comics that I've even paid attention to over the years are Superman/Lois & Barry/Iris (maybe some Green Arrow & Black Canary)

Edited by krighton

Well they are onto something involving the Inhumans. Check Uncanny Inhumans #0 for spoilers, but the word mutant will soon no longer apply ala written out of the marvel U. My speculation of course. -edit

Issue 40 has the Utopians, and then, yeah, this whole thing. No variants that I can see either.

Edited by UltraMaximus

what sweet news was announced, besides more Bloodshot speculation.

Valiant can get hotter by some of the 2012 stuff getting hot...right now it's not really selling.

Edited by krighton