• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,786 posts in this topic

It was featured in Speculator's Corner last week?

Why? Maybe I'm not following. Is it issue #21 or is this the first issue of "Prophet 21"????

You have to read Marvel comics to understand the numbering! lol

There was a V1 of Prophet comics started by Rob Liefeld in the Image hay day. It had a V2 and a couple one-shots maybe. So this is the 21st issue of Prophet. I don't read this series, but after reading this thread I did a quick search at mycomicshop.com to figure it out. (thumbs u

WHAT planet do you live on "Pirate"?

Careful with your antagonistic behavior, you don't want to get throw off these boards again.

Prophet #21

The book just shipped today, It sold out prior to its release:

http://www.imagecomics.com/news/142/MAN-OUT-OF-TIME

Active.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_nkw=prophet+21&_catref=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1538

Completed.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=prophet+21&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=63&_okw=prophet+21&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip+code&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

2nd print coming in a few weeks. It's a spectacular flip until then.

Pirate. Haw.

I live on the planet where the goal is to make money on a book. Your links and insults haven't proven anything. Just because you pay $2 for a book and get $2.50 before ebay fees doesn't mean the rest of us do it.

So hot is under cover price? You're on a role ole larry.

I can buy for $3.99, and sell on eBay for $2.99 less eBay fees. AWESOME. :ohnoez:

(thumbs u you can make it up in volume.

so sell 10 of them and lose $10 instead of 1 and losing a buck. That makes sense :facepalm:

I found Daredevil Man Without Fear Ominous books 1 and 2 to be doing well. Current eBay auction has 25 bids and its up to $192.50. eBay Auction

I'm really surprised it's doing so well.

There's definitely a premium on the first one, but the second is still pretty available. The Brubaker and Bendis Omni's didn't have variants did they?

Not a Larry Comics Variant nor a Wolverine/Deadpool variant, but a variant none the less of Dardevil #7 that's creeping up on the bid count over on The Market. Apparently not a fluke either as a little eBay research will reveal.

Have we really slipped back into variants and the like as a community? Where's the juicy moderns that are heating up because the story line is so dang good? (shrug)doh!

I know there is alot of animosity towards Larry due to his posts and comments here on the boards but I have to give him props on his latest variant, Danger Girl #1. I wouldnt have even known about this variant except by reading about it here on this thread.

1st its a reprint of an impossible to find variant cover

2nd its ruby red foil which is a nice bonus

3rd THE BACK HAS A GREAT OPEN AREA FOR SKETCHES (huge bonus!!)

4th Each book was bagged and packed really well

5th Larry included a few extra shop variants.

Say what you will about Larry but I am really pleased with my recent order.

Here is a scan of the back (I am thinking about placing a reorder these are verrry nice)

Image-1.jpg

I can buy for $3.99, and sell on eBay for $2.99 less eBay fees. AWESOME. :ohnoez:

so sell 10 of them and lose $10 instead of 1 and losing a buck. That makes sense :facepalm:

:jokealert:

I know it's posh to bash Larry, but...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/19/fatale-1-prophet-21-selling-for-1415-on-ebay/

He may be a jag-off, but he's often right.

that was one of the more rare variants tho, right? 1:50? I've been buying all the DD, RASL, and TMNT variants much to my chagrin. I hate the practice, but... well, you guys know... OCD and what not...

I believe all the variants are now 1:10, 1:50, 1:100 or 1:200. So technically they are all pretty rare. Just not sure why one takes off over another. I'd rather see something more akin to another Morning Glories or Chew.

Edited by whetteon

:jokealert:

I know it's posh to bash Larry, but...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/19/fatale-1-prophet-21-selling-for-1415-on-ebay/

He may be a jag-off, but he's often right.

Read it Tuesday, all I can say is some people will pay a lot of money for toilet paper.

If you've got one, flip it, IT WILL stink up your collection. It is a truly awful read :P

it's not the same as the original Prophet...revamped. Actually reminds me of Og Son of Fire (irving crump) for some reason. I thought it was an interesting read. I liked trying to figure out exactly what was going on.

Edited by krighton