• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

so were these hot shortly after coming out? i have picked up a ton of batmans/detectives out of overstock at my shops the last few years when i see them for $1, but none of the red hood books right after this (or this issue) look familiar to me, so I guess they didn't make it into the cheap-o box.

I don't know exactly when it went up so much but I do know that while thumbing through last years OSPG it was still showing it at $3.99 but it could be the book hadn't even caught up to it yet. my guess from an old article I found written last year the book was less than it is now, but not just barely above cover either.

I haven't purchased this years OSPG so I don't know what it is listed at now.

No matter though people are showing they are willing to pay.

overstreet is so clueless on this sort of stuff. if it was going for $7-$10, which might indicate the book sold well and few were left on the stand, but was not blazing hot or anything, overstreet wouldn't show the difference

so were these hot shortly after coming out? i have picked up a ton of batmans/detectives out of overstock at my shops the last few years when i see them for $1, but none of the red hood books right after this (or this issue) look familiar to me, so I guess they didn't make it into the cheap-o box.

It went to a second print, so yeah. I was getting back into comics right around then, and I couldn't find one when it was released, but I did manage to grab one as a back issue a few years later after the heat wore off.

Young Terrorist #1 and Guardians Team-Up #10 are gone in my area, some shops didn't even get the YT and GTU was extremely under ordered...

This is coming from the 6 shops in Columbus, OH.

Under ordered, or missed the shipment and will be in stores next week? hm

You've gotta think Justice Society of America vol. 2 #1 gets a nice bump with the casting of Jesse Quick for season 2 of Flash.

Not sure if it will be I saw just a ton of $1-5 BINS on eBay the day of the announcement on Lyria. I knew something was up when that many comics of a particular issue just all but disappears in one day.

One sold for a BIN of 20 Wednesday, a lot with a #1 in F/VF is up to 20 that finishes today, and there's a bid up to 10.50 on the other copy listed with three days to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-SOCIETY-OF-AMERICA-1-10-COMPLETE-1992-SERIES-F-VF-FLASH-WILDCAT-FATE-/121737962083?hash=item1c5825e263

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151790602270?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

It's going to be interesting to see if this keeps up. I could see this being similar to Livewire, but with Quick being a lot more established in DC Continuity. As a Flash fan, I'm stoked about her showing up in season 2.

Edited by pkveronese

Young Terrorist #1 and Guardians Team-Up #10 are gone in my area, some shops didn't even get the YT and GTU was extremely under ordered...

This is coming from the 6 shops in Columbus, OH.

Under ordered, or missed the shipment and will be in stores next week? hm

$7 cover price so probably under ordered on purpose.