• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Spider-Man #667 Dell'Otto variant went for 2k tonight with a press-able defect

www.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FAmazing-Spider-man-667-Gabriele-DellOtto-1-100-Variant-RARE-%2F262029141076%3Fhash%3Ditem3d02276454&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFdcY-6gyasQr96Q7lWMFox0UcONQ

I thought that crease on the back broke color and didn't see it past a 9.4 unless it was lighting causing that defect

Mega Man live action movie in the works.

Any comics worth picking up now?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/04/mega-man-live-action-movie-in-development/

His first comics were in Japanese and are impossible to find. I am not sure what his first American comic appearance is. Maybe the 2003 series (shrug) I checked to see if he was ever in the Valiant Captain N series but he was was only on the animated show and not in the comic.

You may want to check again! I am almost positive one of the Valiant Nintendo oversized softcover TPBs teases MegaMan on the front cover. Wish I had time right now to refresh my memory.

The NIntendo Comic System TPBs do not have him on the cover. I do own the sneak preview but I don't think he is in there either. From what I have learned it looks like they couldn't get the rights to use him in the the Captain N comic but they may have been negotiating his use as he was mentioned in the last issue of the Game Master series. Unfortunately the series never released another issue.

I apologize - I was thinking of Metroid. I will take a look at Captain N 5 to see that mention.

Not comic related, but those BB8 SW droids are on FIRE

Ive been trying to get one myself and the stores are constantly out..

If youre store has one grab it quick

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toys-Hobbies-/220/i.html?_sac=1&_from=R40&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=bb8+droid&_sop=13

I looked at the prices. That's breaking even or losing money. Few are making $10. Not worth selling now.

I have been watching these for 2 days. If it is sealed they are selling between 175-200. A couple of days ago you could get them for around 130 from Brookstone with a groupon. But now everywhere appears to be sold out. I am not sure if Sphero is planning to ship more but if they don't these things will sell for much more leading up to Christmas.

Of course Sphero is going to ship more. This is not a limited release item, it is a toy that will be everywhere in time for Christmas. Notice how all the Hasbro Star Wars action figures were snatched up as well. TRU has a lot of The Force Awakens merchandise, but little to no Star Wars action figures.

This is exactly like the first release of a new iPhone, XBox, Playstation, hot toy, etc. The first releases always sell out and in 2-3 months, these BB8 will be available everywhere. If you are impatient and need it now, you will spend more for it. If you are patient, you'll get it for retail or less. I never understood the "need it now" crowd, but that crowd ensures their will be ample supply of hot items in the future as the companies ramp up production to meet the demand.

Edited by rjrjr

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toys-Hobbies-/220/i.html?_sac=1&_from=R40&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=bb8+droid&_sop=13

I looked at the prices. That's breaking even or losing money. Few are making $10. Not worth selling now.

I have been watching these for 2 days. If it is sealed they are selling between 175-200. A couple of days ago you could get them for around 130 from Brookstone with a groupon. But now everywhere appears to be sold out. I am not sure if Sphero is planning to ship more but if they don't these things will sell for much more leading up to Christmas.

Of course Sphero is going to ship more. This is not a limited release item, it is a toy that will be everywhere in time for Christmas. Notice how all the Hasbro Star Wars action figures were snatched up as well. TRU has a lot of The Force Awakens merchandise, but little to no Star Wars action figures.

This is exactly like the first release of a new iPhone, XBox, Playstation, hot toy, etc. The first releases always sell out and in 2-3 months, these BB8 will be available everywhere. If you are impatient and need it now, you will spend more for it. If you are patient, you'll get it for retail or less. I never understood the "need it now" crowd, but that crowd ensures their will be ample supply of hot items in the future as the companies ramp up production to meet the demand.

I worked at TRU the year PS3 and Wii were released. You could make some serious bank on PS3's that holiday season, like triple their cost. Part of its reason was sure it was a new system but the blu ray player in was top notch, like an industry leader and a stand alone BR player with the same specs as the one in the PS3 was like 1800, which is what people were getting out of the PS3 at launch.

but yeah if people can wait just a bit, then things will be cheaper

Whether Sphero makes more or not depends on their capacity to do so and I cannot say either way if they are capable of meeting the demand in the coming months. I was responding mostly to this...

" I looked at the prices. That's breaking even or losing money. Few are making $10. Not worth selling now."

I was simply stating that it's inaccurate. They have been selling well!

Edited by MrWeen

Scooby do team up #12 has the cartoon versions of harley and ivy in it....

I think that this comic has had such a small print run that it will be pretty hard to get when it comes out...

I ordered one for my daughter, well and for me. I know she'll enjoy the team up with PI and HQ as much as I will with Scooby. I'm not too sure it will catch on fire or even heat up at all but it looks fun. Thought I heard the print run on the Scooby team ups was around 6000. Not massive but not very small either. This issue may even have gotten an order bump.

Jewish holidays (shrug)

Scooby do team up #12 has the cartoon versions of harley and ivy in it....

I think that this comic has had such a small print run that it will be pretty hard to get when it comes out...

I ordered one for my daughter, well and for me. I know she'll enjoy the team up with PI and HQ as much as I will with Scooby. I'm not too sure it will catch on fire or even heat up at all but it looks fun. Thought I heard the print run on the Scooby team ups was around 6000. Not massive but not very small either. This issue may even have gotten an order bump.

Oh I'm sure it got an order bump.....but 6000 for something that has harley and ivy? That's tiny... I'm also thinking that the cartoon style is kind of a different Harley, it's the original, the one we grew up with...

If you are a Harley fan, your going to get one of these ( maybe 5 ). Which makes me pretty sure there aren't going to be enough to go round...

The earlier ones with johnny quest, jetsons have small price bumps, because at that print run size it doesn't take much...

Look at hulk 13 with the deadpool x-over... deadpool appearing in a moderate sized print run comic= price bump....

Don't know if this has been mention already. We can never go home #1 first print sold on the bay for $103 last night.

Another sold for $138.50 yesterday and another went for $96. I heard someone mention they would pay $100 for a nice copy so I was lucky to grab one the other day.

Don't know if this has been mention already. We can never go home #1 first print sold on the bay for $103 last night.

Another sold for $138.50 yesterday and another went for $96. I heard someone mention they would pay $100 for a nice copy so I was lucky to grab one the other day.

My auction ends in two days. I feel really good about the timing so the price will probably go much higher from whatever mine sales for. I just ordered the tpb for $6.99...