• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,797 posts in this topic

A 1st appearance on a cover of a hybrid character, comprised of a fairly new quasi-hybrid character... and Deadpool, right? ... How can that possibly stick? I would sell sell sell.. but I passed it by on the rack so maybe don't listen to me :insane:

How can a Deadstroke rip off, that breaks the 4th wall, makes fart and jokes, and has the ugliest mug in comics possibly have any sort of staying power?

History is full of the unlikely being speculative gold.

It's DC's own fault. They buried the character in mediocrity for a long time.

Always felt like Deadpool was more of a Spider-man rip-off.

Patrick

Deathstroke became "Punisher-lite" in the 90's, and when that gravy train ran out....

Too many one-dimensional characters that are in desperate need of filling out.

I don't like Gwenpool at all, but I'm sure as hell not dumb enough to let my dislike for her and what she stands for get in the way of making some $$$.

I love the words that just came out of your mouth.

:D

Just like all the hot moderns, the question is: long-term hold or quick flip? Is the market going to still be there for it in a week, a month, a year? If you're a big time dealer, i'm sure it's a lot of both and the winners balance out the losers.

My view on this one is to sell Gwenpool now while there is still immense interest, but if your foresight is otherwise and you make loads of cash, I'll honestly be very happy for you. I have no dog in this race.

Just like all the hot moderns, the question is: long-term hold or quick flip? Is the market going to still be there for it in a week, a month, a year? If you're a big time dealer, i'm sure it's a lot of both and the winners balance out the losers.

My view on this one is to sell Gwenpool now while there is still immense interest, but if your foresight is otherwise and you make loads of cash, I'll honestly be very happy for you. I have no dog in this race.

After selling a CGC 9.8 Greg Land EOSV#2 for $300 only to watch it hit $800 2-months later, I'd rather wait and see, just in case. In Gwen I Trust ;)

After selling a CGC 9.8 Greg Land EOSV#2 for $300 only to watch it hit $800 2-months later, I'd rather wait and see, just in case. In Gwen I Trust ;)

My thinking too. (thumbs u

In the last few days I got 5 more copies of Gwenpool at cover, keeping the 2 best ones and taking a wait and see attitude.

Meanwhile AF 15 Cho's are over $50 steady for not even NM copies

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=amazing%20fantasy%2015%20cho&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

For it to be selling for about 400$ now ;)

I don't like Gwenpool at all, but I'm sure as hell not dumb enough to let my dislike for her and what she stands for get in the way of making some $$$.

Is that why your name is Smoak and Frost? hm:baiting:

Haha not that clever.

Felicity Smoak + Killer Frost

Yep, I was aware of that. :grin:

A 1st appearance on a cover of a hybrid character, comprised of a fairly new quasi-hybrid character... and Deadpool, right? ... How can that possibly stick? I would sell sell sell.. but I passed it by on the rack so maybe don't listen to me :insane:

How can a Deadstroke rip off, that breaks the 4th wall, makes fart and jokes, and has the ugliest mug in comics possibly have any sort of staying power?

History is full of the unlikely being speculative gold.

It's DC's own fault. They buried the character in mediocrity for a long time.

Always felt like Deadpool was more of a Spider-man rip-off.

Patrick

Does anyone else find the term gravy train absolutely delicious?

Deathstroke became "Punisher-lite" in the 90's, and when that gravy train ran out....

Too many one-dimensional characters that are in desperate need of filling out.

Why the hell did it go so high? That has to be fake.

Book on there go high sometimes. It makes no sense to me but it's been that way for a while. Lots of money to be made there.

But I've also scored some book cheap, it's weird over there.