• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

funny - prices on batman adventures 12 CGC 9.6 and 9.8 have been dropping in the past few weeks.

People still want to hold onto it as a key. Cute.

Prices do waiver, but it is too early to call it a crash. I bet there will still be a movie bump. As for it being a key you have a great argument it is not. It is an out of continuity appearance in a kid targeted comic based on an animated series. Batman HQ is the first canon appearance, so there is a valid argument that book is more important as a key. I still can't see BA 12 cgc 9.8 being worth zero.

Heck, some insufficiently_thoughtful_person payed like 10k for Walking Dead 1 a few years back, we will never see that number again, but it is a $2500 book and very stable at that price.

Squaredeal had a fire in their building recently. Site been down for awhile.

I know.. I posted in that in the general section last week. Sad. I got so many good deals from them and books always arrived quick and in great condition. Cheap cheap shipping too!

Their grading is suspect, but not deal breaking, considering

the low prices..

I agree, they are a great resource.

A Harley Quinn "crash" is not going to happen because people aren't going to forget about her anytime soon. A failed Suicide Squad movie MAY cause a severe decline, but that's not going to happen either. There may be an eventual decline, but the popular books will still sell well.

In my opinion.

the 90 day average on GPA suggests a crash on Batman adventures 12. Why is no one commenting on this?

the only figure that is up is the CGC 9.8 blue label with a 90 day average of $1833 and a last sale of $1701.

Is this book going up in value right now? No. Is this a good sign for things to come? No.

You could write about it. You would actually have factual data to back up your argument too.

Squaredeal had a fire in their building recently. Site been down for awhile.

I know.. I posted in that in the general section last week. Sad. I got so many good deals from them and books always arrived quick and in great condition. Cheap cheap shipping too!

Their grading is suspect, but not deal breaking, considering

the low prices..

I agree, they are a great resource.

I always got NM books for NM and sometimes even VF condition. They did however ship me a couple of reprints of Star Wars instead of 1st prints, even when their catalog suggested otherwise, but they were fully refunded while I kept the books (even though i asked to ship them back) And on the other hand, I did get some Pizzazz variants along those as well!

Hope they're gonna be back!

A Harley Quinn "crash" is not going to happen because people aren't going to forget about her anytime soon. A failed Suicide Squad movie MAY cause a severe decline, but that's not going to happen either. There may be an eventual decline, but the popular books will still sell well.

In my opinion.

the 90 day average on GPA suggests a crash on Batman adventures 12. Why is no one commenting on this?

the only figure that is up is the CGC 9.8 blue label with a 90 day average of $1833 and a last sale of $1701.

Is this book going up in value right now? No. Is this a good sign for things to come? No.

You could write about it. You would actually have factual data to back up your argument too.

Do you ever feel like a cry baby?

Here's some hard data - someone popped the BIN on my BA12 9.6 yesterday, $895 shipped.

There is a sale three days ago on GPA for $757 however. Let's call that one the outlier because one sold four days before that for $900.

If Star Wars 1 (1977) can crash following the most successful movie of all time, HQ material can as well.

-J.

How could you compare Star Wars 1 to BA12? Its neither a Marvel or DC creation. You could compare SW to Rom, GI Joe or Tranformers, but not Harley Quinn.

If Star Wars 1 (1977) can crash following the most successful movie of all time, HQ material can as well.

-J.

How could you compare Star Wars 1 to BA12? Its neither a Marvel or DC creation. You could compare SW to Rom, GI Joe or Tranformers, but not Harley Quinn.

I'm just comparing it to every other alternative media hype book crash post speculative bubble which usually coincides with the release of said alternative media.

See, also most recently, Alias 1 (even Daredevil 1 corrected somewhat, but has the benefit of a kind of silver age buffer that cushioned its fall a bit).

-J.

-J.

I'm just comparing it to every other alternative media hype book crash post speculative bubble which usually coincides with the release of said alternative media.

See, also most recently, Alias 1 (even Daredevil 1 corrected somewhat, but has the benefit of a kind of silver age buffer that cushioned its fall a bit).

-J.

BA12 CGC 9.8 sold for $1000 before any rumor of a SS movie, it sucked back down below 800 and I even recall a BIN on ebay for $600 I stood and looked at and then the news broke and it went 1000 city and then proceeded north. SW was a 500-600 book in 9.8 before breaking news of a movie. I saw 2500 and right back down. Likely lower. Harley will unlikely break the SW box office record, but BA12 will always hold a higher spot over SW1 any day going forward.

Or maybe it's just that time of year with the holidays sapping everyone's budgets. Don't most winter auctions prove lower? Wait for tax returns to start rolling in. If BA12 still goes lower, then we're likely seeing a correction. I think we're past the stage that it would crash. It's among the top keys of the Modern Age, and I don't see that changing. It'll probably settle into a $1400-1600 range eventually in 9.8.

-J.

-J.

BA12 CGC 9.8 sold for $1000 before any rumor of a SS movie, it sucked back down below 800 and I even recall a BIN on ebay for $600 I stood and looked at and then the news broke and it went 1000 city and then proceeded north. SW was a 500-600 book in 9.8 before breaking news of a movie. I saw 2500 and right back down. Likely lower. Harley will unlikely break the SW box office record, but BA12 will always hold a higher spot over SW1 any day going forward.

You may be right, but don't under estimate the similarities between the two books: Both started as alternative media, were then adapted to comic books, and then adapted back to an alternative media; both have a similar amount of graded 9.8 copies on the census (400+ now, each); both at least tripled in price almost overnight upon the speculation of a movie; both are HEAVILY speculated on; both have prior alternative media adaptations on television which did little to nothing for the values of their respective "first appearance books"; and of course last but not least neither is a true "first appearance" book.

It ultimately does not matter to me what either book ends up doing, but I do notice the patterns and the parallels and it may offer an instruction of caution for those paying attention to such things.

-J.

-J.

-J.

You may be right, but don't under estimate the similarities between the two books: Both started as alternative media, were then adapted to comic books, and then adapted back to an alternative media; both have a similar amount of graded 9.8 copies on the census (400+ now, each); both at least tripled in price almost overnight upon the speculation of a movie; both are HEAVILY speculated on; both have prior alternative media adaptations on television which did little to nothing for the values of their respective "first appearance books"; and of course last but not least neither is a true "first appearance" book.

It ultimately does not matter to me what either book ends up doing, but I do notice the patterns and the parallels and it may offer an instruction of caution for those paying attention to such things.

-J.

DC owns Harley and I would venture to say they will use her and make her more successful. Margo signed up to be Harley for 10 years. She isnt locked into the Suicide Squad. Thats not even her main role in the DC universe. She's the Jokers gal and like him or not Leto is the Joker. Regardless of the outcome of the SS movie, expect to see more Margo and Leto. :gossip: Madlove (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

-J.

DC owns Harley and I would venture to say they will use her and make her more successful. Margo signed up to be Harley for 10 years. She isnt locked into the Suicide Squad. Thats not even her main role in the DC universe. She's the Jokers gal and like him or not Leto is the Joker. Regardless of the outcome of the SS movie, expect to see more Margo and Leto. :gossip: Madlove (thumbs u

New trailer doesn't bode well for Margot in the HQ role. The jokes she told didn't land with me and she doesn't even have a Brooklyn accent. How can we have HQ without her occasionally saying "mistah J"?

-J.

-J.

-J.

New trailer doesn't bode well for Margot in the HQ role. The jokes she told didn't land with me and she doesn't even have a Brooklyn accent. How can we have HQ without her occasionally saying "mistah J"?

Realistcally, nobody talks like that except in cartoons. The important thing to be more concerned with is the Joker. Now that's drastic change. If it's the case, this won't be the first movie that DC has failed with.

-J.

-J.

-J.

DC shoudve went with fran drescher instead

-J.

-J.

-J.

Realistcally, nobody talks like that except in cartoons. The important thing to be more concerned with is the Joker. Now that's drastic change. If it's the case, this won't be the first movie that DC has failed with.

Ironically she sounded more like HQ in the Wolf of Wall Street. I actually thought that was why they went with her in the first place.

-J.