• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,796 posts in this topic

One NM just sold for $1.25 + shipping.

Sorry to hear that . . . ;)

:blahblah:

Perhaps, but was it really NM? Was it sent in an E.Gerber Mylite2 with a buffered fullback? Was it impeccably packed and shipped immediately? Believe it or not, It's the "wow" things that make a difference. :grin:

Here's one described as NM- with the "continuity" qualifier in the title that sold for $42. Where was the $1.25? I'm seeing mainly $15+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-570-NM-2nd-Appearance-of-HARLEY-QUINN-in-DC-Continuity-1999-/331746338136?hash=item4d3d9f6558:g:WjUAAOSwqv9V6RRm

Here's one described as NM- with the "continuity" qualifier in the title that sold for $42. Where was the $1.25? I'm seeing mainly $15+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-570-NM-2nd-Appearance-of-HARLEY-QUINN-in-DC-Continuity-1999-/331746338136?hash=item4d3d9f6558:g:WjUAAOSwqv9V6RRm

Keep up they aren't talking about Batman 570 its another Divad book he is advertising/bragging he sold.

Keep up they aren't talking about Batman 570 its another Divad book he is advertising/bragging he sold.

There's no bragging or advertising here. As a collector who bought most of his books off the rack, or bought other collectors' collections, I very rarely have more than one copy of a book. This book sold and the sales information is passed on to the community to put it to good use. I've never hoarded any particular book or speculated on any given issue by buying more than one copy. I admit I bought two copies of Hulk 181 when it came out, because I thought it was a cool cover. :)

There's no bragging or advertising here. As a collector who bought most of his books off the rack, or bought other collectors' collections, I very rarely have more than one copy of a book. This book sold and the sales information is passed on to the community to put it to good use. I've never hoarded any particular book or speculated on any given issue by buying more than one copy. I admit I bought two copies of Hulk 181 when it came out, because I thought it was a cool cover. :)

" I admit I bought two copies of Hulk 181 when it came out, because I thought it was a cool cover. :)"

-you sure it wasn't because you like second appearances? ;)

" I admit I bought two copies of Hulk 181 when it came out, because I thought it was a cool cover. :)"

-you sure it wasn't because you like second appearances? ;)

Back then it would've been considered a first appearance. We wanted to actually read about the character, not obsess over a one panel appearance. It was a different time.

Perhaps, but was it really NM? Was it sent in an E.Gerber Mylite2 with a buffered fullback? Was it impeccably packed and shipped immediately? Believe it or not, It's the "wow" things that make a difference. :grin:

I know you sell high grade stuff, I'm just saying as usual there isn't a market for the book at the price you received.

Personally, I could care less if it came in a mylar because you are not giving me that for free, I'm paying for it somehow. Just charge me the nominal $0.10-0.12 for a polybag & board. I can buy my own mylars at a better price than a reseller.

You are sounding like Copper Age Kids a whole lot right here.

Maybe hm

Maybe hm

Impossible. He mentioned neither his current high grade books waiting to be shipped for grading nor his upcoming con itinerary.

Maybe hm

Impossible. He mentioned neither his current high grade books waiting to be shipped for grading nor his upcoming con itinerary.

:signfunny:

I know you sell high grade stuff, I'm just saying as usual there isn't a market for the book at the price you received.

Of course there is . . . a data point is a data point. ;)

Maybe hm

While digging a firepit?

Maybe hm

While digging a firepit?

Its going to be one hell of a pit!

Huge_hole.jpg

how to screen capture

Maybe hm

While digging a firepit?

That firepit excuse was an all-time great. It was GIJOEISAWESOME level

Maybe hm

lol

this was hilarious!

What's data points got to do with what I said?

I'm not going down this rabbit hole. A data point does not make an average market price.

What's data points got to do with what I said?

I'm not going down this rabbit hole. A data point does not make an average market price.

Average is for gutter dwellers. :grin:

Do the news stand editions of New 52 Batman #1 1st prints fetch any type of premium to the regular direct copies? I found a copy while sorting a long box of miscellaneous books today.

If they don't now they will eventually. Newsstand is almost nothing nowadays... they're a combination of low-print same guts and first printings. Not even rare reprints can say that.