• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

that is a bit surprising

I suspect the Turner variant is also due to he wont be doing anymore covers ever. It is toward the late end of his cover run.

Can you show a pattern on the Conner variant? I didn't bother to look up more sales because I can still get that book relatively cheap.

Sure, if you can provide me with a relatively cheap copy! :baiting:

lol(tsk)

the 2nd top bidder has 54% bidding history with that seller.

There are buy it nows for like $47 and below for that captain marvel #14 . lol lol lol

where, i am seeing some chrome euro variant with the same cover? it is not the same book, i don't think.

that is a bit surprising

well, michael turner is producing no more variants.

and the one on the top has been crazy spensive for a long time, no?

Genius logic....

where, i am seeing some chrome euro variant with the same cover? it is not the same book, i don't think.

Keep up....

There are buy it nows for like $75 and below. lol lol lol

That's the European reprint.

Gotcha. My bad. I don't really follow all these "hot variants " if they are not within my collecting focus . But wow, that's nuts lol

Edited by ygogolak

so, have you designated yourself my official chop buster? I got one at work and one or two at home, I don't need one here!

well, tupac has been generating new albums for almost two decades now. as covers don't need to have anything to do with the stories on the insides, maybe turner produced a few hundred "stock covers" re: various characters for his family to sell to marvel/DC before his tragic death?

Edited by the blob

so, have you designated yourself my official chop buster? I got one at work and one or two at home, I don't need one here!

well, tupac has been generating new albums for almost two decades now. as covers don't need to have anything to do with the stories on the insides, maybe turner produced a few hundred "stock covers" re: various characters for his family to sell to marvel/DC before his tragic death?

One could also possibly take unused art or covers that he's already submitted to his various employers, possibly including blowing up some panels, if they can get the aspect ratios right. Additionally, they could make more sketch covers out of other covers he did a long time ago.

Why? You have NOTHING to show.

Ha ha!

I beat you with one comic!

You have ZERO to show in your defense!

lol

Dude are you for real ?

-J.

You have nothing. You have zero proof. You have nothing.

I'm done toying with you, boy. It's not even a debate.

Because you have nothing.

[quote=Chuck

Gower]Why? You have NOTHING to show.

Ha ha!

lol

Dude are you for real ?

-J.

Why? You have NOTHING to show.

Ha ha!

lol

Dude are you for real ?

-J.

Are you really a business owner?

Either post the whole list like you did last time and actually prove what you are trying to claim or stop talking. :eyeroll:

-J.

So, he's already posted the entire list...?

I don't need to see it. I'm comfortable with the position here that states that incentive variants are printed beyond stated ratios.

I can't believe these guys think they know more then retailers do.

I mean these are guys ordering books weekly not some mail order they order directly from Diamond which BTW DCBS has recently mentioned that their orders are filter much more then a brick/mortar store is.

Yeah, it's a head scratcher. Especially since retailers would have more incentive to keep quiet about any sell offs of extra RI variants, to maintain the appearance of scarcity.

I mean these are guys ordering books weekly not some mail order they order directly from Diamond which BTW DCBS has recently mentioned that their orders are filter much more then a brick/mortar store is.

Yeah, it's a head scratcher. Especially since retailers would have more incentive to keep quiet about any sell offs of extra RI variants, to maintain the appearance of scarcity.

+ 100 but it was bleeding fool so whatever. Also they print damage replacement not neccesarly over printing. Anyone saying that incentive variants are not printed close to case pack sizes are not asking the right people. This variant sale is almost entirely the latest reboot... Bad money on bad money. Some of the posts on this are out of control.

+ 100 but it was bleeding fool so whatever. Also they print damage replacement not neccesarly over printing. Anyone saying that incentive variants are not printed close to case pack sizes are not asking the right people.

Fair enough.

Who are "the right people", and how do we ask them? And what is a "case pack size"? If you mean "rounded to the case", what does that mean in terms of total print run?

Concrete information, not theory, is what is needed.

This variant sale is almost entirely the latest reboot... Bad money on bad money. Some of the posts on this are out of control.

Agreed on the last sentence, though probably not in the same way. I'm not sure, though, what the other part about this being "almost entirely the latest reboot" has to do with the issue of retailer incentive print runs....could you help me understand?