• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

The information is out there. It would have to be compiled, or as UltraMaximus pointed out, he'll just have to go to his local store and see if they'll give him the information. (Which they probably aren't going to be inclined to do).

My whole point is that it's much less work to keep making Jabs at Chuck to "prove your delicious piont by feeding us the pudding" than go make it themselves. The whole argument is completely moot. But they know that Chuck can be manipulated by playing on his desire to always be right. The argument is dumb anyhow, because they keep arguing the finite points of the original statement...

"Oh, that doesn't count as proof. That one is a percentage locked cover. That doesn't count.,....Just give us the list."

"Oh...that info is only a cherry picked snap shot...That doesn't count.....just give us the list."

Every post ends with the same 3 phrases: "Just give us the list.", "Post the list", or "Why can't you just give us the whole 700 comic book list?"

No one care is Chuck is right or wrong. They want him to spoon feed them the list.

-Terry

The information is out there. It would have to be compiled, or as UltraMaximus pointed out, he'll just have to go to his local store and see if they'll give him the information. (Which they probably aren't going to be inclined to do).

My whole point is that it's much less work to keep making Jabs at Chuck to "prove your delicious piont by feeding us the pudding" than go make it themselves. The whole argument is completely moot. But they know that Chuck can be manipulated by playing on his desire to always be right. The argument is dumb anyhow, because they keep arguing the finite points of the original statement...

"Oh, that doesn't count as proof. That one is a percentage locked cover. That doesn't count.,....Just give us the list."

"Oh...that info is only a cherry picked snap shot...That doesn't count.....just give us the list."

Every post ends with the same 3 phrases: "Just give us the list.", "Post the list", or "Why can't you just give us the whole 700 comic book list?"

No one care is Chuck is right or wrong. They want him to spoon feed them the list.

-Terry

No, as I stated, it's not for the general public.

More Marvel variants (over 700 different variants according to the article) are being discounted for retailers:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/17/david-gabriel-the-prince-of-variants/

I wonder which comics are included in this?

This is the part I'm most interested in:

"... including many that were previously restricted for sale."

Man, I hope this included that Star Wars 1 of 5000 they put out...

Considering that star wars 1 alone had 100+ different variant covers (and most of the books going up for sale look to be non-RI, star wars related overstock) I don't think this is as significant as a few would like to think that it is. (thumbs u

-J.

J-, based on your "math"

I just bought obnoxious quantities of 1:200 , 1:100, & 1:50 & 1:25 variants, can you now please Decipher the print runs of those titles with your "Comichron Algorithm."

Chump.

So, two retailers (on these boards) are now adamant that they print far more than the ratios of the variant books.

NO.

Two retailers (and others) are adamant that WE DON'T KNOW what Marvel and other publishers do, and do not, print for just about EVERYTHING.

Two retailers (and others) are adamant that we DO know that they DO NOT, through HUNDREDS of examples, "print to order" based on the ratios, and never have.

They print what they print, whether it's PRECISELY to the numbers ordered, or it's a million more than ordered, or anywhere in between, and no one but they know the actual numbers.

Those two retailers ARE NOT adamant that they "print far more." That's not what they said.

It's like trying to herd cats around here to get you guys to stop resorting to hyperbole that people never said.

That is what we DON'T know and what we DO know.

Anything beyond that is speculation.

I suppose there's a website in the far reaches of the internet somewhere that would contradict that.

I'll go ahead and trust the retailers that have NOTHING to gain by saying this.

Give up the ghost (thumbs u

I am NOT a retailer. I AM, however, a researcher of variants, and have been for two decades. What do I have to gain by saying "this" (which they didn't say)...?

hm

Again, Chuck has had no problems posting full lists in the past. Just recently, during another one of his foaming-at-the-mouth anti-variant tirades he posted a list of about 300 some odd variants that marvel burned off in a sale.

Nobody is saying that marvel doesn't sell of variants every now and then. Obviously they do. The point is that the vast, vast majority of them are not RI based. This is consistent with the bleeding cool article which was originally posted.

Chuck is now being challenged again to post the list because he is trying to dance around and condescend to every single boardie who should dare to disagree and/or challenge his broad statements and unsupported opinions. But I doubt he will, because if the bleeding cool article is to be taken at face value, the variants are mostly non-RI based star wars over stock with some ANAD secret wars and post secret wars dreck thrown in, and that does not jibe with the "Chuck Gower" narrative. And no, he cannot now hide behind diamond and marvel terms of sale because he has posted these lists in their entirety in the recent past.

If he doesn't want to now, fine. Nobody can force him. But he needs to stop proclaiming how "right" he supposedly is, because as of now, that is (and as always with him) just based on his own biased opinion.

-J.

Again, Chuck has had no problems posting full lists in the past. Just recently, during another one of his foaming-at-the-mouth anti-variant tirades he posted a list of about 300 some odd variants that marvel burned off in a sale.

Nobody is saying that marvel doesn't sell of variants every now and then. Obviously they do. The point is that the vast, vast majority of them are not RI based. This is consistent with the bleeding cool article which was originally posted.

Chuck is now being challenged again to post the list because he is trying to dance around and condescend to every single boardie who should dare to disagree and/or challenge his broad statements and unsupported opinions. But I doubt he will, because if the bleeding cool article is to be taken at face value, the variants are mostly non-RI based star wars over stock with some ANAD secret wars and post secret wars dreck thrown in, and that does not jibe with the "Chuck Gower" narrative. And no, he cannot now hide behind diamond and marvel because he has posted these lists in their entirety in the recent past.

If he doesn't want to now, fine. Nobody can force him. But he needs to stop proclaiming how "right" he supposedly is, because as of now, that is (and as always with him) just based on his own biased opinion.

-J.

And once again you have zilch.

that is a bit surprising

Chuck is not "foaming-at-the-mouth" and "anti-variant." Those are character attacks designed solely to discredit him, not advance the discussion.

Not relevant. It doesn't matter...at all...if "the vast majority of them "are not RI based." It only matters that MANY of them ARE.

Chuck is now being challenged again to post the list because he is trying to dance around and condescend to every single boardie who should dare to disagree and/or challenge his broad statements and unsupported opinions.

Wrong again, and another character attack that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

If I had a nickel for every time you called hard numbers "broad statements and unsupported opinions", I'd be quite wealthy.

But I doubt he will, because if the bleeding cool article is to be taken at face value, the variants are mostly non-RI based star wars over stock with some ANAD secret wars and post secret wars dreck thrown in, and that does not jibe with the "Chuck Gower" narrative. And no, he cannot now hide behind diamond and marvel terms of sale because he has posted these lists in their entirety in the recent past.

Not relevant. Let's focus, now:

The issue is "does Marvel sell retailer incentive variants after the initial orders have been fulfilled, indicating that they print more than is required to fulfill those orders, yes/no?"

Everything else isn't relevant to that point.

-J.

This is all just your usual deflection, Jay. Stop focusing on the PEOPLE debating, and focus on the ACTUAL DEBATE.

"Chuck won't post the list, therefore, his entire argument is invalid."

It's a logical fallacy, but it plays well to the unthinking masses.

It's virtual sleight-of-hand to make the unthinking say "yeah...he won't post that whole list! He must be hiding something!!"

When the posting of the list or the not posting of the list has no bearing on the point in the first place.

It's incredibly difficult having these discussions with you, Jay, because you are so very, very skilled at deception, written sleight-of-hand, misleading statements, mischaracterizations, and hyperbole.

It's very, very disheartening to see someone so completely dedicated to spreading misinformation.

:(

I'll ask this once more, Jay:

Marvel has actually gone on the record confirming via Diamond how they produce their retailer variants.

Where?

that is a bit surprising

I suspect the Turner variant is also due to he wont be doing anymore covers ever. It is toward the late end of his cover run.

Can you show a pattern on the Conner variant? I didn't bother to look up more sales because I can still get that book relatively cheap.

that is a bit surprising

I suspect the Turner variant is also due to he wont be doing anymore covers ever. It is toward the late end of his cover run.

Can you show a pattern on the Conner variant? I didn't bother to look up more sales because I can still get that book relatively cheap.

Sure, if you can provide me with a relatively cheap copy! :baiting: