• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

I have always been interested in the Hulk. He would be considered my favorite. I would be most interested in just having a nice collection to hang my hat on.
Very new to this, but I am looking to start a collection. Does anyone have any suggestions on some comics that I should purchase right now that may gain value into the future. Thanks for your time, John

Are you looking for resale? Are you reading the books? Are you just looking to speculate?

You need to be a little more clear on what your goals are. It would help us advise you better.

Whether trying to build a nice collection or getting books before they get too high for you to afford, I would learn/look up what the key Hulk books are. That way you can buy first appearances you like, the best looking covers, etc. I honestly don't know much about Hulk books except #181, which is the first appearance of Wolverine. lol

Actually, IH #180 is the first appearance. Ya, I said it! :sumo:

I have always been interested in the Hulk. He would be considered my favorite. I would be most interested in just having a nice collection to hang my hat on.
Very new to this, but I am looking to start a collection. Does anyone have any suggestions on some comics that I should purchase right now that may gain value into the future. Thanks for your time, John

Are you looking for resale? Are you reading the books? Are you just looking to speculate?

You need to be a little more clear on what your goals are. It would help us advise you better.

Whether trying to build a nice collection or getting books before they get too high for you to afford, I would learn/look up what the key Hulk books are. That way you can buy first appearances you like, the best looking covers, etc. I honestly don't know much about Hulk books except #181, which is the first appearance of Wolverine. lol

Actually, IH #180 is the first appearance. Ya, I said it! :sumo:

:tonofbricks:

I'd love that to be the last question on 'Who wants to be a millionaire' or Final Jeopardy.

And have it be a comic fan on the hot seat, just wimpering.

Gamestop has 2 Kinds of variants .

Regular Gamestop Variants available in store to anyone and Powerup Variants only available online when you spend your power up points. Powerup Points are not easy to come by and the amount of points to money spent makes the variants very expensive if you break it down.

People have said they have seen powerup variants in store but i doubt it. I know 3 managers and they say they have never had powerup variants in the store. I'm a huge gamer and i've been to many gamestops and have only seen the regular variants.

Edited by siro123

Getting back to an earlier post,

I'm surprised to see Spider-man/Deadpool #1 regular doing so well at $15.

Would have thought it was WAY overproduced and too recent.

Patrick

The gamestop variant is doing really well also started high and holding well i seen a graded copy show up but idk what happened to it

Yea, hindsight it was dumb to not preorder a bunch, but I had the same thought that dealers would go heavy on them.

The GameStop is a different animal. I don't know of any others that have held value. If you do the math on what you have to spend to get enough points for one its a pricey book.

Am I reading it wrong or are there 6,000+ Gamestop locations?

I "do" know they have most of these variants on lockdowm.

I tried to bribe a manager that comes in for some type of regular trade deal.

He said they don't get many of each.

Gamestop offers 2 types of variants the regular store variants which can be ordered by anyone and the power up rewards variants which can only be ordered by rewards members with rewards points and are usually limited to around a few thousand copies each. I think spiderman/deadpool was limited to 3000.

Regular Gamestop Variants available in store to anyone and Powerup Variants only available online when spend your power up points. Powerup Points are not easy to come by and the amount of points to money spent makes the variants very expensive if you break it down.

People have said they have seen powerup variants in store but i doubt it. I know 3 managers and they say they have never had powerup variants in the store. I'm a huge gamer and i've been to many gamestops and have only seen the regular variants.

Guess i was a little slow to the draw lol and i have never seen a power up variant in store either

Regular Gamestop Variants available in store to anyone and Powerup Variants only available online when spend your power up points. Powerup Points are not easy to come by and the amount of points to money spent makes the variants very expensive if you break it down.

Guess i was a little slow to the draw lol and i have never seen a power up variant in store either

Sounds like a Nintendo magazine ad to me.

I'd love that to be the last question on 'Who wants to be a millionaire' or Final Jeopardy.

That would be cool, it's whimpering, and you'd have to answer it both ways (so you didn't get farouked! (thumbs u

That would be cool, it's whimpering, and you'd have to answer it both ways (so you didn't get farouked! (thumbs u

Thanks for the correction, odd my phone didn't catch that one

145 posts since what ? last night? Didn't anyone get out and enjoy the sunshine today??? :insane:

Sunshine doesn't matter when it's 35 degrees. (shrug)

I did got to a comic store though. (thumbs u

Me too :banana:

A new shop opened up here this week. Picked up a bunch of old Stormwatch, The Authority, and some Jae lee covers. Oh yeah, Monstress is still heating up. Not receiving the hype that a lot of Image books have in the recent past but its a mover. Even the 2nd prints are selling. The story is above average and something about the art makes it really special.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=monstress&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I NEVER SAID THAT THEY DO NOT "SOMETIMES" OVERPRINT A VARIANT... AND SPECIFICALLY "EVENT" BOOKS, LIKE, OH I DON'T KNOW, THE ANAD TITLE RE-LAUNCH.

But post the whole list Chuck like you have done before or just stop talking. Prove that my own LCS is also a "liar" when he described the bulk of un-ordered non-RI that he essentially told me wasn't even worth taking the time to come down to the shop and look at. lol

You may not even realize how many potential customers you have already cost yourself with this latest vitriolic and nonsensical tirade against variants. You have made it EXTREMELY clear that you don't like them and resent having to up your game to get them.

But it's seriously time to change the channel my man.

-J.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

like saying Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine.

I NEVER SAID THAT THEY DO NOT "SOMETIMES" OVERPRINT A VARIANT... AND SPECIFICALLY "EVENT" BOOKS, LIKE, OH I DON'T KNOW, THE ANAD TITLE RE-LAUNCH.

But post the whole list Chuck like you have done before or just stop talking. Prove that my own LCS is also a "liar" when he described the bulk of un-ordered non-RI that he essentially told me wasn't even worth taking the time to come down to the shop and look at. lol

You may not even realize how many potential customers you have already cost yourself with this latest vitriolic and nonsensical tirade against variants. You have made it EXTREMELY clear that you don't like them and resent having to up your game to get them.

But it's seriously time to change the channel my man.

-J.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

like saying Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine.

lol

145 posts since what ? last night? Didn't anyone get out and enjoy the sunshine today??? :insane:

standing in the cold waiting for 2 hours of little league practice to mercifully end was awesome

Sunshine doesn't matter when it's 35 degrees. (shrug)

I did got to a comic store though. (thumbs u

Me too :banana:

A new shop opened up here this week. Picked up a bunch of old Stormwatch, The Authority, and some Jae lee covers. Oh yeah, Monstress is still heating up. Not receiving the hype that a lot of Image books have in the recent past but its a mover. Even the 2nd prints are selling. The story is above average and something about the art makes it really special.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=monstress&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I was just about to make a separate post for this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monstress-1-NM-2nd-Print-Liu-Takeda-Image-Comics-2015-Low-Print-Run-/252322893437?hash=item3abf9dce7d:g:ZyoAAOSwv9hW6hEI

Less than a day left and the 2nd printing of #1 is at over $50. Glad I picked up a copy just for the different cover when it was released, and managed to find another for cover last week.