• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

It's this years Manifest Destiny.

hm

Maybe, I like them both so theres that...or it might be this years Rat Queens. All 3 are very good stories. It seems that there was a pretty heavy backlash on Image books and I think it has a lot more to do with ES and their scheduling than the quality of the books. It has certainly been a great time time to fill holes in your Image collection on nearly everything except Saga and The Walking Dead.

145 posts since what ? last night? Didn't anyone get out and enjoy the sunshine today??? :insane:

Sunshine doesn't matter when it's 35 degrees. (shrug)

I did got to a comic store though. (thumbs u

Me too :banana:

A new shop opened up here this week. Picked up a bunch of old Stormwatch, The Authority, and some Jae lee covers. Oh yeah, Monstress is still heating up. Not receiving the hype that a lot of Image books have in the recent past but its a mover. Even the 2nd prints are selling. The story is above average and something about the art makes it really special.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=monstress&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Same high bidder or 2nd highest bidder on the bulk of them. I know of a couple shops that have them at cover, will have to make a trip tomorrow

I was just about to make a separate post for this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monstress-1-NM-2nd-Print-Liu-Takeda-Image-Comics-2015-Low-Print-Run-/252322893437?hash=item3abf9dce7d:g:ZyoAAOSwv9hW6hEI

Less than a day left and the 2nd printing of #1 is at over $50. Glad I picked up a copy just for the different cover when it was released, and managed to find another for cover last week.

Did Manifest Destiny's 2nd print of #1 go for more than the 1st within months? I actually don't remember, but I was still able to pick up MD #1 1st print for cover a few months after it came out (honestly, Manifest Destiny came out when I was just getting back into comics, so I wasn't keeping up with what was hot at the time).

Did Manifest Destiny's 2nd print of #1 go for more than the 1st within months? I actually don't remember, but I was still able to pick up MD #1 1st print for cover a few months after it came out (honestly, Manifest Destiny came out when I was just getting back into comics, so I wasn't keeping up with what was hot at the time).

No, the Ottley variant which featured Sacagewea brought the money. Great cover though the regular cover isn't too shabby either.

145 posts since what ? last night? Didn't anyone get out and enjoy the sunshine today??? :insane:

Sunshine doesn't matter when it's 35 degrees. (shrug)

I did got to a comic store though. (thumbs u

Me too :banana:

A new shop opened up here this week. Picked up a bunch of old Stormwatch, The Authority, and some Jae lee covers. Oh yeah, Monstress is still heating up. Not receiving the hype that a lot of Image books have in the recent past but its a mover. Even the 2nd prints are selling. The story is above average and something about the art makes it really special.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=monstress&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I was just about to make a separate post for this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monstress-1-NM-2nd-Print-Liu-Takeda-Image-Comics-2015-Low-Print-Run-/252322893437?hash=item3abf9dce7d:g:ZyoAAOSwv9hW6hEI

Less than a day left and the 2nd printing of #1 is at over $50. Glad I picked up a copy just for the different cover when it was released, and managed to find another for cover last week.

I read that like an hour ago here: http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/03/21/one-to-watch-for-monstress-1-second-print/

It is a good book and just seems to be growing on its own.

Revisit this in a year (thumbs u

Bookmarked and alarm set, lol. But seriously, not trying to argue anyone's point, I honestly was just asking a question.

Bookmarked and alarm set, lol. But seriously, not trying to argue anyone's point, I honestly was just asking a question.

Gotcha,

My take. Every year there's an Image book that gets hot for a bit. Manifest Destiny, Nowhere Men, Rat Queens.

Then. :sorry:

But the good news, most are still going and the stories are great. The books just aren't worth what they were.

Welcome to the flip game, sadly the Image boat ain't what it used to be. But there's others out there....

I'm looking for a red hot modern comic. Can anyone assist? (shrug)

Well, it hasn't hit shelves yet, but TMNT #56 is selling out everywhere.

So that should probably go over here: Pre-Heat Speculation

The last Turtles book that went crazy nobody saw coming. I've seen this posted around here and there, so I don't expect it to take off.

Manifest Destiny #1 2nd print had the same cover as the 1st print. Image doesn't typically do a different cover for later printings, this one is an exception....and a nice one to boot!

Edited by ygogolak

So that should probably go over here: Pre-Heat Speculation

The last Turtles book that went crazy nobody saw coming. I've seen this posted around here and there, so I don't expect it to take off.

Only time will tell. Yeah, since the book isn't out yet, should probably go in that other thread you posted.

Hrm.. Walking Dead #100 2nd prints have really heated up lately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARK-KNIGHT-III-MASTER-RACE-1-REGULAR-COVER-SIGNED-BY-FRANK-MILLER-/172039241140?hash=item280e567db4%3Ag%3AtMgAAOSwJcZWe1pL&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So an uncertified, no COA Miller auto adds $100 to the value of something?

I have a DK2 #1 signed by him on the interior front cover. NO COA or anything, made out to someone (first name only). The shop owner swore up and down it was legit, and honestly, who would forge something and make it it out to someone by name? Just trying to figure out how that should impact my asking price. I would have though not more than adding $20 for the three book set, but maybe I'm too low.

I'm looking for a red hot modern comic. Can anyone assist? (shrug)

Well, it hasn't hit shelves yet, but TMNT #56 is selling out everywhere.

Just read it...

meh

I got sucked in by the pre solicit of the second print

not feeling great about it now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARK-KNIGHT-III-MASTER-RACE-1-REGULAR-COVER-SIGNED-BY-FRANK-MILLER-/172039241140?hash=item280e567db4%3Ag%3AtMgAAOSwJcZWe1pL&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So an uncertified, no COA Miller auto adds $100 to the value of something?

I have a DK2 #1 signed by him on the interior front cover. NO COA or anything, made out to someone (first name only). The shop owner swore up and down it was legit, and honestly, who would forge something and make it it out to someone by name? Just trying to figure out how that should impact my asking price. I would have though not more than adding $20 for the three book set, but maybe I'm too low.

Being a personalized interior sig hurts the value, but $20 for the set is still low. I'd try $75 BIN/Best and see if any decent offers come in,

Right, I was thinking of adding $20 to whatever the set normally seems to sell for (and then some cushion...)

$75 sounds about right as an ask. I am a little lower than that right now.