• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,768 posts in this topic

Preacher is scorching right now, especially the key issues - 1, 2, 13, Alamo arc and final issue 66. Issue 13 first Herr Starr is closing on the $100.00 mark on average and the last issue has been closing between 25.00 and 50.00 consistently on the Bay.

yeah, that's about right, the only issues I couldn't find.

Wow - 66 does seem to have taken a jump. I think I stockpiled 8 copies that are in one of these boxes. Thanks for the heads up.

I think that Divad was the first one to pop the cherry on this one before it was popular to pump n dump. Congrats Divad

Thank you, thank you, I think I popped the cherry on both P66 and W80. lol (with all credit to discussion here.) :grin:

Another one I think to watch is #8 (First John & Christina Custer, of Jody, of Marie L'Angell, of T.C.)

This Black Panther book is getting crazy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262437905859

Looks shilled.....? (shrug)

My CGC 9.6 sold the morning after I listed it, at $800. Buyer paid, funds are available. If this auction is being shilled, it's still currently at a level that I would expect a 9.8 to go for now.

doesnt look like a shill to me. if your 9.6 sold for $800 as a buy it now within a day. It's not far fetched that the first blue 9.8 will go for more than that.

This Black Panther book is getting crazy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262437905859

Looks shilled.....? (shrug)

My CGC 9.6 sold the morning after I listed it, at $800. Buyer paid, funds are available. If this auction is being shilled, it's still currently at a level that I would expect a 9.8 to go for now.

doesnt look like a shill to me. if your 9.6 sold for $800 as a buy it now within a day. It's not far fetched that the first blue 9.8 will go for more than that.

That's what I'm saying. I don't think it's shilling.

It's time to catch on people. THE POWER OF THE BLACK PANTHER! Common sense says NO SHILL.

You cannot even buy this book raw on eBay. No more available.

There's a 9.8 on eBay at 1145.00 bid with over 7 days left atm.

Edited by FrankWhite

Interesting to see what itll end at.

But for 1500 personally ill rather buy batman 121 :cloud9:

When you say the auction looks shilled, are you saying that the 1***0 (764) bidder looks to have placed a protection bid?

-J.

That guy seems more legit than the current winning bidder 1***2 ( 188) - but with only two people active over $710, it shows you how thin the market is for books like this.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=262437905859&showauto=true

I'd be interested in Santos208's reasoning for making the assertion that it's a shilled auction.

I suppose it's possible that if you follow books that are being "featured" elsewhere that some bidder ID's might start to look familiar. :shy:

My confusion is:

What the hell is so important about this issue?

Sure...it's a limited variant to the start of a fairly good story line and I believe 1st Shury as BP. So what???

HTF JSC cover. That's it. No meat in those pages.

My confusion is:

Sure...it's a limited variant to the start of a fairly good story line and I believe 1st Shury as BP. So what???

That sums it up... htf JSC cover and first Shuri as BP on the cover... as far as bidders... it's got 7 days left... I'm sure there will be some movement at the end... I'm curious to see how much...

My confusion is:

That sums it up... htf JSC cover and first Shuri as BP on the cover... as far as bidders... it's got 7 days left... I'm sure there will be some movement at the end... I'm curious to see how much...

Nobody is chasing the book because of some obscure character dressed as the Black Panther on the cover.

They're also not chasing it because it's a hard to find Campbell cover- copies pop up fairly regularly every two or three weeks on eBay.

They're speculating on it being "the next UXM 510 sketch" IMO.

I have personally passed on the book many times because I do not feel it is Campbell's best work, the book is not part of a "run" title, and I would much rather have preferred it if it was T'challa on the cover. 2c

-J.

My confusion is:

Nobody is chasing the book because of some obscure character dressed as the Black Panther on the cover.

They're also not chasing it because it's a hard to find Campbell cover- copies pop up fairly regularly every two or three weeks on eBay.

They're speculating on it being "the next UXM 510 sketch" IMO.

I have personally passed on the book many times because I do not feel it is Campbell's best work, the book is not part of a "run" title, and I would much rather have preferred it if it was T'challa on the cover. 2c

-J.

Male Campbell work.....Just_Cuz_06.gif