• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,762 posts in this topic

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Are you the CBSI GUY? Tron pump and dump

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Its not pump and dump. Its pump and chump....

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

Amen brotha !! :golfclap:

I've asked this before and I think I got a response from you as to something like "you can tell the pump & dumpers".

How are you supposed to talk about comics you like and not be considered a pump & dumper?

The Tron variants have sold pretty well for a while depending on the cover. The ASM has been pretty consistently over $50.

So true. Any book that gets talked about get essentially getting 'pumped', I mean look at this thread title. By that logic, anyone whose posted a book in this thread is a pumper no different than CBSI.

Jerome

Pumping and dumping falls under the "you know it when you see it" umbrella. Unfortunately people can't always see it.

Very big difference between casually mentioning a demonstrative sales trend in this thread and posting an article on a website solely dedicated to making money by reselling books. And then using imaginary print numbers to push rarity of said books. And then having links to buy said books under said article.

Are the Tron variants being mentioned because they are actually heating up? A few of those have always sold well (the ASM, the Hulks, the Avengers one with Moon Knight) but are they doing better now? If the argument to buy these books is simply that they've been ignored for the past 5 years and now people are catching on, well that doesn't hold much water.

If you aren't using actual market data to make a case for a book here, then you better have some actual reasons, facts, and evidence to support your position. If your advice is of the "low print, variant cover, book has legs" variety then just please go away.

This thread is about discussing books that are heating up. If its heating up because of a spec site, or someones granny recommended it , who cares , its still heating up. And some are interested in just that.

If that annoys you, simply don't open the thread

If a book is "heating up" due to manipulation then it's in the best interest for everyone that cares about this hobby and its future to reveal and share that information. The more people that get burned by manufactured heat, the more people that will walk away from this hobby.

Anyone who truly doesn't care if a book is selling at a premium because of manufactured heat is doing nothing for but taking the money and running. They definitely don't care about the future of the hobby, they are the ones that will walk away from the wreckage of a crash and never look back as they run off to the next money maker.

This statement in itself is redundant. I think most understand the power these boards hold in regards to market trends. If you post something "heating up", more people see it on here. More potential buyers, driving up price and / or demand.

been over a year since Lazarus news popped and not a peep since.

Takes time look how long it took for actual Outcast news.

It was optioned before the book was released and has moved incredibly fast. Preacher on the other hand took forever.

That was because of a guy named Kirkham. :roflmao:

It was optioned before the book was released and has moved incredibly fast. Preacher on the other hand took forever.

I suppose, never heard of him.

:jokealert:

I suppose, never heard of him.

:jokealert:

giphy.gif + cartoon-ham-8.gif

Any idea why the Wynonna Earp tv show has done nothing for the comic in regards to $$$

I happened upon the show while scrolling through my on screen guide. I wasnt even sure it was based on or had anything to do with the comic.

I think its very under the radar . I dont think its a hugely popular show. its on a small cable network and most dont know it started as a comic.

Any idea why the Wynonna Earp tv show has done nothing for the comic in regards to $$$

Probably because the manipulators speculators savvy investors don't have any copies to pump and dump sell.

i sold two different books for new highs this week. If i mention both books here and talk about them and throw a copynof each on ebay for 15 dollars over my last sells does that make me a "pump n dump"?

/sarcasm

I got like 3 copies left of each book.

but naw, i wont mention them.....ill just keep hunting for them and buy any low priced copy i can find....then list at my current sale prices.....now thats how this game is played fellas....keep everything hush hush n keepnthe wheels spinning.

im just kidding..

Edited by Santos208

If you enjoy speculating on moderns, this particular community would rather you keep it to yourself,eh?

Perhaps this is the very reason for the rise of other speculator venues.

The moderators here have allowed vindictive lunatics to absolutely run this community to the ground.

I think that the marketplace is hopefully maturing from starting to become like the 199o's Internet Stock Market filled with speculars and hype on potential driving up prices, which crashed, into a more sane marketplace.

Just because a character is optioned for TV or a Movie, does not equate to "the golden ticket" and I especially find it odd when villain characters, who are usually one and done on the big screen, have their values pushed up on hype.

For Wynonna Earp, I liked the original comic and art by Joyce Chin, but I think speculators are thinking it will be like The old show "Witchblade" featuring Yancy Butler, a non commercial success. Look at "Wanted" - it did relatively well in the box office, yet the comics are dollar bid fodder. Where, Scott Pilgrim bombed in the theater, but the books are still popular.

Because of the X-23 movie "rumor" and X-Men: Apocalypse post-credit scene, Wolverine #80 is gaining traction:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=wolverine%2080&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

thats a garbage book, nyx 3 is the book to own.

Its the X-men 201 argument. It will hold a value. It will be around a $20 book for awhile maybe even bump a little higher as NYX 3 keeps climbing.