• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,761 posts in this topic

If a book is "heating up" due to manipulation then it's in the best interest for everyone that cares about this hobby and its future to reveal and share that information. The more people that get burned by manufactured heat, the more people that will walk away from this hobby.

Anyone who truly doesn't care if a book is selling at a premium because of manufactured heat is doing nothing for but taking the money and running. They definitely don't care about the future of the hobby, they are the ones that will walk away from the wreckage of a crash and never look back as they run off to the next money maker.

Well said, Just difficult to determine what is and isn't manufactured. Stating source is key, but jumping all those that are sharing is counterproductive

If a book is "heating up" due to manipulation then it's in the best interest for everyone that cares about this hobby and its future to reveal and share that information. The more people that get burned by manufactured heat, the more people that will walk away from this hobby.

Anyone who truly doesn't care if a book is selling at a premium because of manufactured heat is doing nothing for but taking the money and running. They definitely don't care about the future of the hobby, they are the ones that will walk away from the wreckage of a crash and never look back as they run off to the next money maker.

Well said, Just difficult to determine what is and isn't manufactured. Stating source is key, but jumping all those that are sharing is counterproductive

Thanks Astoria. You are right, it can be difficult to determine what is or isn't manufactured heat at times. That's why it's a such a great part of this thread when the reasons a book is heating up are being discussed.

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Are you the CBSI GUY? Tron pump and dump

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Its not pump and dump. Its pump and chump....

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

Amen brotha !! :golfclap:

I've asked this before and I think I got a response from you as to something like "you can tell the pump & dumpers".

How are you supposed to talk about comics you like and not be considered a pump & dumper?

The Tron variants have sold pretty well for a while depending on the cover. The ASM has been pretty consistently over $50.

So true. Any book that gets talked about get essentially getting 'pumped', I mean look at this thread title. By that logic, anyone whose posted a book in this thread is a pumper no different than CBSI.

Jerome

Pumping and dumping falls under the "you know it when you see it" umbrella. Unfortunately people can't always see it.

Very big difference between casually mentioning a demonstrative sales trend in this thread and posting an article on a website solely dedicated to making money by reselling books. And then using imaginary print numbers to push rarity of said books. And then having links to buy said books under said article.

Are the Tron variants being mentioned because they are actually heating up? A few of those have always sold well (the ASM, the Hulks, the Avengers one with Moon Knight) but are they doing better now? If the argument to buy these books is simply that they've been ignored for the past 5 years and now people are catching on, well that doesn't hold much water.

If you aren't using actual market data to make a case for a book here, then you better have some actual reasons, facts, and evidence to support your position. If your advice is of the "low print, variant cover, book has legs" variety then just please go away.

This thread is about discussing books that are heating up. If its heating up because of a spec site, or someones granny recommended it , who cares , its still heating up. And some are interested in just that.

If that annoys you, simply don't open the thread

So you advocate defrauding other people as long as you yourself stand to make money? Good to know.

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

I've asked this before and I think I got a response from you as to something like "you can tell the pump & dumpers".

How are you supposed to talk about comics you like and not be considered a pump & dumper?

The Tron variants have sold pretty well for a while depending on the cover. The ASM has been pretty consistently over $50.

So true. Any book that gets talked about get essentially getting 'pumped', I mean look at this thread title. By that logic, anyone whose posted a book in this thread is a pumper no different than CBSI.

Jerome

I think there is a BIG difference! It is obvious that whoever wrote that "interest piece on the Tron variants" was loading up for the last month or 2 for the double $ flip ,once the news article was released ! that's bad pool no matter how you look at it ! mentioning a book and talking about it or linking to a couple of recent sales is not the same as obvious blatant market manipulation. If that was the stock market those guys are doing time !

Jerome

I think there is a BIG difference! It is obvious that whoever wrote that "interest piece on the Tron variants" was loading up for the last month or 2 for the double $ flip ,once the news article was released ! that's bad pool no matter how you look at it ! mentioning a book and talking about it or linking to a couple of recent sales is not the same as obvious blatant market manipulation. If that was the stock market those guys are doing time !

So if you invest some money in a book you think might get hot and then news breaks about it you can't say anything? Hmm where has Capitalism gone folks.

Edited by natevegas

I think modern variants with nothing special about them will crash and burn. I feel bad for some of the people that get sucked into the hype. Hopefully its just desperate flippers selling to each other. I mean its getting real crooked.

That's just about the safest bet around.

Some creative financial engineer needs to sell a put option on the group so we can score on the nosedive.

So let me get this straight....

You just told us the only modern comic books we should spend our money on are the most common versions of whatever "key" flavour of the week that you guys are talking about in here.

Great thanks, got it. (thumbs u

-J.

Jay it is obvious that you have many horses in this convo. Some of the variants you pimp are special . 70 percent of your list has some sort of key-ness or special quality.(I own more than a couple on your hit list)

The ones that do not In my opinion will not sustain this manufactured hype ! Your argument on classic covers might hold water with some of these moderns but it will be 50 years from now ! the prices for so/so variants will cash hard in-between now and then ! People rushing out and paying double what a book was worth 2 days ago because of a hype artical is CRAZY ! that's my only point of concern .

The only reason the book is worth double is because of an article? how does that make sense?

Jerome

So if you invest some money in a book you think might get hot and then news breaks about it you can't say anything? Hmm where has Capitalism gone folks.

Google insider trading Nate Vegas.

And if you are the one investing in the book about to get hot because you know about the news thats not capitalism that's manipulation !

Edited by paul747

If only there was some way to gather the information and consider the value of the sources and the value of the information before making my decisions and weigh them against my own concerns, preferences, and strategies before purchasing....

Jerome

Google insider trading Nate Vegas.

And if you are the one investing in the book about to get hot because you know about the news thats not capitalism that's manipulation !

Huh? I was speaking in general. Lets take for example the image book Lazarus for instance. I bought it initially and enjoyed it so much I bought some more way way way....YEARS before it was optioned. Buying something in groups or singles when it comes out is not insider trading. Everything is a gamble, even life.

If only there was some way to gather the information and consider the value of the sources and the value of the information before making my decisions and weigh them against my own concerns, preferences, and strategies before purchasing....

If people aren't capable or are unwilling to do the above, those same people are gonna end up losing money no matter what. There's no protecting those people.

Does that mean someone shouldn't be called out for being genuinely disingenuous or outright lying? That doesn't make sense either. But just because someone is trying to make a profit doesn't automatically make them a liar or universally disingenuous.

Some accusations are pretty tough to take back and may result occurrences that have a material financial impact, so be sure and think through the motives of the person your accusing, AND think through your motives for pointing something out.