• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Simple, Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 is L&C #8. Low Print, Rightfully first time he flies, but not enough to warrant it as a 1st appearance of the new Superboy as Superboy,

Lois calls him her "Superboy" - the kids hovering and wearing a red cape. I'd call it his first appearance as Superboy.

Regardless, the market will determine what is considered his first appearance.

Agreed with the market statement. It just won't be anything to do with JLK future character as others are promoting.

Simple, Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 is L&C #8. Low Print, Rightfully first time he flies, but not enough to warrant it as a 1st appearance of the new Superboy as Superboy,

Lois calls him her "Superboy" - the kids hovering and wearing a red cape. I'd call it his first appearance as Superboy.

Agreed with the market statement. It just won't be anything to do with JLK future character as others are promoting.

Don't trust the market, trust your eyes. It's Convergence 2. Even if you aren't a fan of first babies this one is a bit different. If you read that comic it's a pretty important moment in Superman's history.

Don't trust the market, trust your eyes. It's Convergence 2. Even if you aren't a fan of first babies this one is a bit different. If you read that comic it's a pretty important moment in Superman's history.

For collecting purposes I totally agree he was born in Convergence: Superman #2 and should be apart of ones collection. That doesn't mean the secondary market pricing will reflect that obvious point. From a speculative pov it is important but the market has it priced the cheapest of JSK appearances a year plus after release. The market is aware of his birth in that issue but apparently doesn't place greatest significance at the moment. Maybe as the character is further developed and takes center stage in Super Sons the market will shift but I just don's see it happening. At current pricing most everything is worth picking up as a spec ( except maybe the SLC#1 variant cover) IMO

Edited by viperdays

I snagged a couple of flawless copies of L&C8. Therefore I agree.

Except that I'm pretty sure Superboy first appeared back in the 1940s.

That we know, this is the newest Modern Superboy appearance. (Whatever they decide to call this "age" in ten years".

Here in lies the CGC label but for which book? "1st Jonathan Kent as SUPERBOY"

That we know, this is the newest Modern Superboy appearance. (Whatever they decide to call this "age" in ten years".

I will venture a guess that CGC will go so far as to state "1st Jonathan Samuel Kent as SUPERBOY"

Could be the cover of DC Rebirth Midnight. Only one so far where he's in full costume.

Could be the cover of DC Rebirth Midnight. Only one so far where he's in full costume.

So many different choices for firsts for this character. He definitely is shown in a Costume on the cover of DC Rebirth #1 Midnight Cover for the first time. Perhaps when he first appears in the comics in his gear that will be of greater importance? lol

Do people put more importance on Uncanny X-men #201 or New Mutants 87 for Cable? I think the same would apply here.

That's a retcon, this is not.

I read the Portacio X-Factor issues, Baby Nathan getting the Techno Organic Virus was very real sir. (tsk)

Do people put more importance on Uncanny X-men #201 or New Mutants 87 for Cable? I think the same would apply here.

That's a retcon, this is not.

I read the Portacio X-Factor issues, Baby Nathan getting the Techno Organic Virus was very real sir. (tsk)

Worst origin story ever? I wouldn't even call it an origin.

nvm.

Edited by aggr1103