• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,771 posts in this topic

I'm still trying to figure out who the people are that really care? Superman has been in the 40-50 range in sales rankings.

Ms Marvel is in the 50-60 range. What is the first appearance of Ms Khan selling for these days? But yeah, who cares...

The first Muslim based Marvel superhero who is a young woman with long term implications of a movie vs. another white superboy/man.

Isn't there already a Superboy? To be honest, I have no clue about the continuity of this child and place in DC.

Edited by ygogolak

I'm still trying to figure out who the people are that really care? Superman has been in the 40-50 range in sales rankings.

Ms Marvel is in the 50-60 range. What is the first appearance of Ms Khan selling for these days? But yeah, who cares...

The first Muslim based Marvel superhero who is a young woman with long term implications of a movie vs. another white superboy/man.

Isn't there already a Superboy? To be honest, I have no clue about the continuity of this child and place in DC.

there has never been a Superboy that was the legitimate born son of Superman in continuity.

Normally it's a clone, or a future what if type story or Superman as a boy. I think it's very important canon wise.

there has never been a Superboy that was the legitimate born son of Superman in continuity.

Normally it's a clone, or a future what if type story or Superman as a boy. I think it's very important canon wise.

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Think Game of Thrones. Trueborn sons matter most. Sorry John Snow, unless R+L = J

Trey, I heard this weeks cast and when I heard you mention this I was lol'ing because I heard you last week on the podcast try and scoop up a copy of the 1:25 Lois and Clark #1 from someone on the podcast!??!?!?

I can kinda tell you have no clue about the continuity, and have not read the arc. If you did you wouldn't be here placing doubts into a book you praised 1 week prior. Truth be told, it's the readers that make the best speculators because they know the story better than people getting info second hand.

Anyway, Jonathan Samuel Kent is not from the New 52 Universe where first, the other Superboy was from, and the other "Lois and Superman (now dead)" are from, and that is what is important. New 52 Lois and Superman are not JSK's parents,readers of the L&C series know this is a Universe Displaced Superman from the universe where Doomsday killed him (Pre-Flashpoint Superman, post Crisis Superman, basically the one John Byrne rebooted).

JSK will be the new Superboy, and that is why Convergence #2 is his Uncanny X-men 201, and Superman Lois and Clark #1 is his New Mutants 87. (Variant is 1st print, and regular cover is equivalent to the NM 87 2ng Print Gold)

Loved the podcast this week though, great listen. Eradicator is the other Clark BTW. I know you were wondering who that was.

Trey, I heard this weeks cast and when I heard you mention this I was lol'ing because I heard you last week on the podcast try and scoop up a copy of the 1:25 Lois and Clark #1 from someone on the podcast!??!?!?

I can kinda tell you have no clue about the continuity, and have not read the arc. If you did you wouldn't be here placing doubts into a book you praised 1 week prior. Truth be told, it's the readers that make the best speculators because they know the story better than people getting info second hand.

Anyway, Jonathan Samuel Kent is not from the New 52 Universe where first, the other Superboy was from, and the other "Lois and Superman (now dead)" are from, and that is what is important. New 52 Lois and Superman are not JSK's parents,readers of the L&C series know this is a Universe Displaced Superman from the universe where Doomsday killed him (Pre-Flashpoint Superman, post Crisis Superman, basically the one John Byrne rebooted).

JSK will be the new Superboy, and that is why Convergence #2 is his Uncanny X-men 201, and Superman Lois and Clark #1 is his New Mutants 87. (Variant is 1st print, and regular cover is equivalent to the NM 87 2ng Print Gold)

Loved the podcast this week though, great listen. Eradicator is the other Clark BTW. I know you were wondering who that was.

I'm not Trey (shrug)

[

Think Game of Thrones. Trueborn sons matter most. Sorry John Snow, unless R+L = J

This is a great analogy when you read this:

If you need a flowchart to figure out who is who, it's a pretty good sign of bad writing.

I tend to forget that some readers only know the new 52 superman....ive never considered him the real Superman since ive been reading his comics since the 60s. Actually my favorite was superboy in the Legion of Super Heroes.

Edited by krighton

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Love it lol

So then where do you put SLC8 in that analogy? hm

They could have done so much more with the SLC 1:25...no superboy on cover and no beard on Superman....I think it loses some steam just because it's like a cover they pulled from the archives...similar to the Turner stuff.

So then where do you put SLC8 in that analogy? hm

Simple, Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 is L&C #8. Low Print, Rightfully first time he flies, but not enough to warrant it as a 1st appearance of the new Superboy as Superboy, that will likely be in the current Action comics story, or the Superman story, which OH MY are BOTH about Jonathan Samuel Kent's conversion into Superboy, or whenever he shows up like he was dressed on the Rebirth Midnight Release Variants in his Supersons design.

That issue btw (Rebirth Midnight Release Variant) is His first Appearance as Superboy ala Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print. 1st In costume.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Simple, Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 is L&C #8. Low Print, Rightfully first time he flies, but not enough to warrant it as a 1st appearance of the new Superboy as Superboy,

Lois calls him her "Superboy" - the kids hovering and wearing a red cape. I'd call it his first appearance as Superboy.

Regardless, the market will determine what is considered his first appearance.