• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

This guy alone sold a lot of the not-"rare"-either" "direct sales" upc version that had 25 copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-New-52-Issue-51-Recalled-Edition-Lot-of-25-Copies-/152138527569?hash=item236c29b351%3Ag%3AnQAAAOSwGIRXaVAV&nma=true&si=xbID1M6Roi55pQZ3XgzvrSjCRBk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

They aren't "rare" either. :sorry:

-J.

I am very well aware of that auction :-) My question to you is what is "rare"? I see Variants with 1500-3000+ print runs that sell for a $100+ and hundreds soon thereafter. Minus that 1 auction there has been a total of 'maybe" 50 Direct Sales Error copies sold since it appeared last week. Unless there are literally cases upon cases that show up (and I am not saying that isn't a possibility, but very unlikely) , again I ask how is 50 copies of a "white- hot" comic showing up after a week not rare/ limited. We see that and WAYYY more of books that are 1:100,1:250 and even 1:500 incentives upon release.

discuss an actual modern that's heating up

Venom #2 second print

Agreed. I had the first print on my wall at Heroes and had NUMEROUS people ask me for the second. I've never actually seen one in person.

Tough book and BEAUTIFUL too ! Trying to get them out of other collectors hands is damn near impossible... for good reason !

Confirmed that another Philly area shop got direct sales copies of the JL #51 error last week.

Comic Universe in Folsom, PA (10 min South of the airport) got 10 or 12 of them, the owner showed me his stack today and they never hit the sales floor. He said that there's been no recall notice from Diamond or DC.

That is all

You buy any?

And those ten to the 30 something current auctions and you've got a nice deep puddle forming.

Sorry, by "never hit the sales floor" I meant that they weren't for sale. I guess he will be ebaying some of them

You post implies that you are friends with the guy so my question is appropriate. You said " never hit the sales floor ", that doesn't mean you didn't purchase any.

I could see that, but no I didn't get any because they probably would've been the current ebay going rate. It's a shop I don't go into too often for deals as they seem to be pretty up to snuff about which book is hot today and tomorrow & it's a bit out of the way driving wise and very very cramped in there.

However, the owner is as nice as can be and it's a good spot for incentive variants that are a year or 2 old and they do get in hard to find keys now and again. You'll pay market price for a Tomb of Dracula #10 but at least you can check it out in person

Venom #2 second print

Agreed. I had the first print on my wall at Heroes and had NUMEROUS people ask me for the second. I've never actually seen one in person.

Tough book and BEAUTIFUL too ! Trying to get them out of other collectors hands is damn near impossible... for good reason !

Which Venom...

Venom #2 second print

Which Venom...

I'm guessing the 2011 series with the red background :shrug: . I couldn't find any listed on eBay or other sites. I could be wrong, though.

Confirmed that another Philly area shop got direct sales copies of the JL #51 error last week.

Comic Universe in Folsom, PA (10 min South of the airport) got 10 or 12 of them, the owner showed me his stack today and they never hit the sales floor. He said that there's been no recall notice from Diamond or DC.

That is all

You buy any?

And those ten to the 30 something current auctions and you've got a nice deep puddle forming.

Sorry, by "never hit the sales floor" I meant that they weren't for sale. I guess he will be ebaying some of them

You post implies that you are friends with the guy so my question is appropriate. You said " never hit the sales floor ", that doesn't mean you didn't purchase any.

I could see that, but no I didn't get any because they probably would've been the current ebay going rate. It's a shop I don't go into too often for deals as they seem to be pretty up to snuff about which book is hot today and tomorrow & it's a bit out of the way driving wise and very very cramped in there.

However, the owner is as nice as can be and it's a good spot for incentive variants that are a year or 2 old and they do get in hard to find keys now and again. You'll pay market price for a Tomb of Dracula #10 but at least you can check it out in person

Sounds like my kind of store!

Venom #2 second print

Which Venom...

I'm guessing the 2011 series with the red background :shrug: . I couldn't find any listed on eBay or other sites. I could be wrong, though.

Venom #2 2nd print (2011)

Venom #2 second print

Which Venom...

I just don't like the way he's holding that gun. I dig the 4th print pink cover for issue 1 but I am not sure how tough it is ti find.

Venom #2 second print

Which Venom...

I just don't like the way he's holding that gun. I dig the 4th print pink cover for issue 1 but I am not sure how tough it is ti find.

I've only ever seen one.

Venom #2 second print

Which Venom...

I've only ever seen one.

I've seen a couple. I bid on an auction a couple months ago that had all the #1 prints. I think I only went up to $50 because I don't really collect Venom. I can't remember what it ended up selling for and can't find it in the completed auctions.

Venom #2 second print

Which Venom...

I've only ever seen one.

I've seen a couple. I bid on an auction a couple months ago that had all the #1 prints. I think I only went up to $50 because I don't really collect Venom. I can't remember what it ended up selling for and can't find it in the completed auctions.

The ones on eBay now are asking stupid money for BIN.