• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

nothing at B&N today...they're so far behind no way they don't honor the recall

I don't think they've actually been recalled.

-J.

lets not let silly facts get in the way of reselling books for profit.

Some of ya'll are in a huff about this book. It's hot right now and might not be later...that's pretty much the point of this entire thread. Are there merits for it selling at the price it is now? Maybe. Maybe not.

TLDR: smoke some weed, watch Airplane! and calm down.

Would it matter? Comparing Rai to JLA doesn't compute. There are micro runs of independents that don't move and there are large print runs of books like Batman that sell like hot cakes.

I don't get it... who's actually BUYING that book for $50?

Why?

What would create a demand for it?

Wouldn't anyone buying it, instead, simply drive to a Barnes and Noble and check and see if they could get it? If they couldn't, would they really jump back on eBay and simply pay $50 for a copy?

Is the demand THAT great?

Seems weird to me that there are that many.... uninformed impulse buyers for an item that has made an immediate sudden appearance.

Anyone HERE on these boards bought one for that price?

I'm seriously not judging, we all buy stuff that can be considered... unresellable or whatever.... I'm just curious to the thought process as to WHY for THIS issue.

It reminds me so much of the Hot Topic Star Wars store exclusive. That book was and still is readily available to anyone who wants to buy one. I don't understand why that book has maintained its value either, since it is clear the "recall" didn't do much to diminish the number of copies available. e-Bay alone has probably shifted a few thousand copies of that comic by now.

I don't get it either. (shrug)

Would it matter? Comparing Rai to JLA doesn't compute. There are micro runs of independents that don't move and there are large print runs of books like Batman that sell like hot cakes.

My argument is that there is a built in market for these types of books, that's why I would compare them.

My argument is that there is a built in market for these types of books, that's why I would compare them.

This type of argument helps more when you are selling the book in question as well.

That is so......unreal. Yeah, I'm mad I sold one for $15 week ago, but that is a sign that people want it "because 2nd print is lower print number than 1st and this one has a red cover". Guess when it's red, it's valuable.