• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Some of ya'll are in a huff about this book. It's hot right now and might not be later...that's pretty much the point of this entire thread. Are there merits for it selling at the price it is now? Maybe. Maybe not.

TLDR: smoke some weed, watch Airplane!Captain_ron_poster_zpsnasogr2f.jpg and calm down.

Fixed!

Jonathan Lane Kent is not Jonathan Samuel Kent

XooX

First appearance of the idea is still better then the second appearance of Jonathan LANE Kent ala Superman and Lois Lane. The argument isn't even "oh hes a baby in this and an adult in this" it becomes irrelevant when you see his first REAL appearance. He appears Superman and Lois Lane #1 in the New 52. Where? Know your DCU! Sell your Superman and Lois Lane #1 variants now.

Listened to recent podcast...enjoyed it thoroughly ?... Superboy's first appearance was brought up. Here is my scenario .in a upcoming Super Sons book , Mom (Lois) gets fired up and yells at her son... Jonathan ___ Kent get your butt in the house. ... Who is she yelling at Lane or Samuel ? Does this change the opinion on the cannon being used? What is first appearance of who she is yelling at? The idea of the character or ?

Edited by viperdays

Jonathan Lane Kent is not Jonathan Samuel Kent

XooX

First appearance of the idea is still better then the second appearance of Jonathan LANE Kent ala Superman and Lois Lane. The argument isn't even "oh hes a baby in this and an adult in this" it becomes irrelevant when you see his first REAL appearance. He appears Superman and Lois Lane #1 in the New 52. Where? Know your DCU! Sell your Superman and Lois Lane #1 variants now.

Listened to recent podcast...enjoyed it thoroughly ?... Superboy's first appearance was brought up. Here is my scenario .in a upcoming Super Sons book , Mom (Lois) gets fired up and yells at her son... Jonathan ___ Kent get your butt in the house. ... Who is she yelling at Lane or Samuel ? Does this change the opinion on the cannon being used? What is first appearance of who she is yelling at? The idea of the character or ?

Im not sure why she would be yelling at Samuel Kent over Lane Kent but I see where you're coming from.

When Superboy 19 came out there was a lot of hype behind the introduction of the new character which is why I would look at Lane Kent over Samuel Kent.

But as of yesterday you could buy copies of Superboy 19 at your local comic book store for cover. I did. Not sure about todays prices.

Jonathan Lane Kent is not Jonathan Samuel Kent....so, if the character depicted in Superboy 19 is Jonathan Lane Kent than we are referencing the wrong character IF the character in the upcoming Super Sons series is Jonathan Samuel Kent. There is no reason to believe it won't be Jonathan Samuel Kent.... Good Lord ... We need arrows and charts and Ross Perot

Jonathan Lane Kent is not Jonathan Samuel Kent....so, if the character depicted in Superboy 19 is Jonathan Lane Kent than we are referencing the wrong character IF the character in the upcoming Super Sons series is Jonathan Samuel Kent. There is no reason to believe it won't be Jonathan Samuel Kent.... Good Lord ... We need arrows and charts and Ross Perot

...Or for people to stop pointing fingers at characters that aren't those characters they want them to be.

Of course JSL is THE Superboy in Super Sons....everything they're doing in Action and Superman is revolving around JSK. JLK is an elseworlds type character that will never exist. The only people who are pushing for JLL are those with a vested interest and they stand to lose money because of JSL taking the reins of the One True Superboy

Edited by krighton

Superboy #19 features a completely different version of the character everyone is in love with, but mentions the current version? I have a pot headache.

Not a clean 1st, but there is no more muddled 1st than this new Superboy.

Superboy #19 1st mention...

Convergence #2 1st baby

Lois & Clark #1 ...?

Lois & Clark #8 ??

Superman #1 origin?

Yay, the character is allready a collector trainwreck!

( I adore this character too, but geeze...)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Lane_Kent_(Prime_Earth)

The creator mentions how it all works here:

http://www.newsarama.com/17591-lobdell-clarifies-superboy-s-origin-explains-new-jon-kent.html

Still an odd/minor 1st appearance though, you'll probably be able to 'comic book scalp" somebody at some point with it...

Especially when this character becomes a key player in current continuity.

He'll be a major villain.

Edited by LarrysComics

Superboy #19 features a completely different version of the character everyone is in love with, but mentions the current version? I have a pot headache.

Convergence #2 1st baby

Lois & Clark #1 ...?

Lois & Clark #8 ??

Superman #1 origin?

http://www.newsarama.com/17591-lobdell-clarifies-superboy-s-origin-explains-new-jon-kent.html

Still an odd/minor 1st appearance though, you'll probably be able to 'comic book scalp" somebody at some point with it...

Convergence 2: He's born there, named there and even though he is a baby he sure doesn't look like one. He looks like a little...

Convergence #2 1st baby

Lois & Clark #1 ...?

Lois & Clark #8 ??

Superman #1 origin?

Superboy 19 has nothing to do with the current son of Superman. And that interview is from 2013 and also has nothing to do with the current son of Superman.

Misinformation spreading like wildfire as usual.

I'm still trying to figure out who the people are that really care? Superman has been in the 40-50 range in sales rankings.

Ms Marvel is in the 50-60 range. What is the first appearance of Ms Khan selling for these days? But yeah, who cares...