• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

:news: Nobody cares about Superboy :o

It's a point worth considering. The Superman stable of characters has not been market significant for a long time.

We'll see how this goes after a year of 'the next hot idea' chasing.

:tonofbricks:

I weep for the current collector....... :P

only if they 'need' that comic.

tumblr_nq0ttfZo181r2ckpzo1_500.gif

It started at $1,500 on sale through Midtown for $1275 and that was just a couple weeks ago ... to be at $730 already is crazy. No wonder that owner wants to dump it. But still $730 is crazy for that book

It's a point worth considering. The Superman stable of characters has not been market significant for a long time.

I think this is one of the main reasons behind 'Rebirth'....inject some life into some dying DC properties. I think Super Sons will do very well.

Edited by krighton

I think I may be off to buy more Rebirth tomorrow to flip. It has been a nice double your money deal for a week so I may as well ride it into the ground. I just called and the store is still in stock!

I think this is one of the main reasons behind 'Rebirth'....inject some life into some dying DC properties. I think Super Sons will do very well.

I'm quite interested. Could be a really good read. :wishluck:

I'm always careful not to extrapolate what I think to the overall market, though. My personal views have landed me some unneeded stacks of books in the past. :grin:

I have had 3 books waiting. Only 3 but they are an ASM 300, Doc 169 and SS4 scheduled for grading for some time now; I am glad they will have an inner well. I was fine with waiting longer than the listed TAT as I figured they were working things out, hopefully it all works out.

I tend to agree he has been relevant for a long time. Not trying to poo poo on fans in here, but I can think of several more relevant DC books to spec on.

I tend to agree he has been relevant for a long time. Not trying to poo poo on fans in here, but I can think of several more relevant DC books to spec on.

I was definitely against any Superboy before this iteration Conner Kent was painfully uninteresting to myself personally but reading the new stuff I get what i don't like.. clones. It's weird cause we're talking about comic books but clones just bug me Heratic included. Seeing this Jon being raised like the kitty eye laser scene got me and the subtle keeping it to himself, I just got as thats the kid I was. has been super interesting to me (see what I did there?).

Edited by Grahf

I was definitely against any Superboy before this iteration Conner Kent was painfully uninteresting to myself personally but reading the new stuff I get what i don't like.. clones. It's weird cause we're talking about comic books but clones just bug me Heratic included. Seeing this Jon being raised like the kitty eye laser scene got me and the subtle keeping it to himself, I just got as thats the kid I was. has been super interesting to me (see what I did there?).

i'm going to enjoy the training he'll get with Superman against the Eradicator. I wonder when he fesses up about Goldie. That kind of thing should eat at him pretty quick. I think they're really pushing for Superman to be their main guy from here on out. All Batman all the time can get boring.

Edited by krighton

i'm going to enjoy the training he'll get with Superman against the Eradicator. I wonder when he fesses up about Goldie. That kind of thing should eat at him pretty quick. I think they're really pushing for Superman to be their main guy from here on out. All Batman all the time can get boring.

I think it's a lot easier to write Batman than Superman. No matter what they have done with him he remains boring. I blame a lot on the fact that he is so tied to his outdated supporting cast. . DC should eradicate them all.

Just looking up some of my recent purchases, it seems the Dark Avengers #1 variant by Djurdjevic seems to have shot up a little bit since I last checked a couple of months ago. That surge appears to have happened a little over a month ago, for what reason, I do not know.

Simple, Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 is L&C #8. Low Print, Rightfully first time he flies, but not enough to warrant it as a 1st appearance of the new Superboy as Superboy,

Lois calls him her "Superboy" - the kids hovering and wearing a red cape. I'd call it his first appearance as Superboy.

Regardless, the market will determine what is considered his first appearance.

Unless the market is stupid, which it sometimes is, and believes things that are stupid, which it sometimes does.