• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

Now a $100 bill if u can find one in the wild!

$100.1996.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.1996.jpg

I found one of those for $1 once from a dealer in FL.

The BEN or the JIM? :roflmao:

Who pays this money for these variants!?! I'm very curious to know sometimes how someone can drop that kind of dough on a book with no history really. More "dollars than sense", maybe??

Welcome to the hobby now swollen with card collectors and speculators. I cant wait for the end of the Super Hero movie glut so they will go away.

Who pays this money for these variants!?! I'm very curious to know sometimes how someone can drop that kind of dough on a book with no history really. More "dollars than sense", maybe??

I wonder the same thing. No disrespect on that book, but I just can't see what would drive someone to pay that much.

Patrick

I wonder the same thing. No disrespect on that book, but I just can't see what would drive someone to pay that much.

Patrick

Apart from it being a Venom book, it's the rarest by far of the popular series from 2012.

I originally pointed out the book "heating up" when it first started going for $100+.

-J.

That JIM run was supposed to be pretty good I heard. I mean don't get me wrong, if I find one of those in the wild for cheap I'd have no problem selling it to someone for whatever they want to drop in an auction. Now that I know it exists at least. I am still just flabbergasted at the prices some of these books realize...sheesh.

That JIM run was supposed to be pretty good I heard. I mean don't get me wrong, if I find one of those in the wild for cheap I'd have no problem selling it to someone for whatever they want to drop in an auction. Now that I know it exists at least. I am still just flabbergasted at the prices some of these books realize...sheesh.

I hear ya.

This one just listed and sold in less than four hours. :ohnoez:

http://item.ebay.co.uk/322226642577?item_hash4=c00fe23a&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

It was a 1:50 on a 23,000 print run, and there's only 8 slabs on the census. A relatively high ratio on a dying title (though it was a good read nonetheless). It's not a huge leap to figure there's not very many of them out there.

-J.

Probably a lot of nothing going on since the All New Marvel & Rebirth launches are in the past now. Probably gotta wait until the next round of new Image launches or the Marvel NOW thing for the next wave of big hot books.

What happened to this thread? Seems like forever since someone posted up a modern book selling on E-Bay.

Too many lurkers, not enough contributors. (shrug)

Here's a head scratcher. Found this for $3 last year and had a hard time getting rid of it. All about timing.

Superman / GEN 13 #1 & #2 JSC Variant

Superman / GEN 13 #2 JSC Variant

What happened to this thread? Seems like forever since someone posted up a modern book selling on E-Bay.

Here's a head scratcher. Found this for $3 last year and had a hard time getting rid of it. All about timing.

I've been keeping an eye out for these, but no luck in cheapo bins so far. I did snag a bunch of later issues of Gen 13 in the cheapo bins last weekend though. Seems most stores don't have many issues past #50, but sales of the later issues don't seem too strong on feebay. Timing IS everything though. I will let them marinate for as long as I need to.

Here's a few....

Looks like Vaughan's Runaways will see some action with the Hulu announcement.

Punisher #4 first Microchip is getting some attention with potential casting. (I know, copper)

Valiant Entertainment's Faith #1 Cover A (mini series) is selling 2 or 3 times above cover price.

Hickman's The Black Monday Murders #1 getting some buzz?

Dan

Edited by sonicdan

I've been keeping an eye out for these, but no luck in cheapo bins so far. I did snag a bunch of later issues of Gen 13 in the cheapo bins last weekend though. Seems most stores don't have many issues past #50, but sales of the later issues don't seem too strong on feebay. Timing IS everything though. I will let them marinate for as long as I need to.

Wow, surprised how much they are. Used to be super cheap.

Patrick

Here's a few....

Looks like Vaughan's Runaways will see some action with the Hulu announcement.

Punisher #4 first Microchip is getting some attention with potential casting. (I know, copper)

Valiant Entertainment's Faith #1 Cover A (mini series) is selling 2 or 3 times above cover price.

Hickman's The Black Monday Murders #1 getting some buzz?

Dan

The results of some of the Faith CGC variants are interesting:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=faith+cgc+variant+1&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=10001&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=13&_dmd=1&_ipg=100&LH_Complete=1