• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

Looking for some advice here, is now the time to sell off my Harley keys? I don't have BA12, but most the others. Should I hold or sell with the movie out?

Should have already sold, if not ASAP.

She might be one of the few in Suicide Squad I would not sell on. Early reviews are positive for her and with that long term deal she signed.....

Later movies and second season TV series do not cause the same buzz as the first movie / season in terms of comic book sales. Do you think those Guardians books will see the same price with the new movie as they did with the first?

Either way, take the high dollar now, then you buy back when there is a lull.

BA 12 and a host of her earlier appearances are tough finds. How many characters really ascend to such lofty heights? In the last 20 years it looks like 2, Deadpool and Harley. She's also the exception when it comes to many other early appearances. I suspect that has something to do with the fact that many of those books were marketed towards kids who probably didn't encapsulate them or bag them either. The one book I can really see taking a dive is the Suicide Squad 1 and many other books that came after it. Unless it's a rare manufactured collectible like that Hughes variant I wouldn't be putting my money in anything Harley unless she's wearing her traditional costume.

As evidenced by the 100+ copies of BA #12 that are currently on eBay? :baiting:

BA #12 has never been a "tough find". When news of the Suicide Squad movie started surfacing in 2013, the price sky-rocketed, but supply has always been readily available - I used to pick it out of $2 bins all the time when nobody cared about this book (or Harley in general).

If you want to pay through the nose for it on Ebay then sure it's not a tough find. I doubt anyone is picking these out of the dollar bins anymore. Most early HQ books are a tough find in the wild.

These books are readily available in large quantities and the furthest you can get from "tough finds".

Looking for some advice here, is now the time to sell off my Harley keys? I don't have BA12, but most the others. Should I hold or sell with the movie out?

Should have already sold, if not ASAP.

She might be one of the few in Suicide Squad I would not sell on. Early reviews are positive for her and with that long term deal she signed.....

Later movies and second season TV series do not cause the same buzz as the first movie / season in terms of comic book sales. Do you think those Guardians books will see the same price with the new movie as they did with the first?

Either way, take the high dollar now, then you buy back when there is a lull.

BA 12 and a host of her earlier appearances are tough finds. How many characters really ascend to such lofty heights? In the last 20 years it looks like 2, Deadpool and Harley. She's also the exception when it comes to many other early appearances. I suspect that has something to do with the fact that many of those books were marketed towards kids who probably didn't encapsulate them or bag them either. The one book I can really see taking a dive is the Suicide Squad 1 and many other books that came after it. Unless it's a rare manufactured collectible like that Hughes variant I wouldn't be putting my money in anything Harley unless she's wearing her traditional costume.

As evidenced by the 100+ copies of BA #12 that are currently on eBay? :baiting:

BA #12 has never been a "tough find". When news of the Suicide Squad movie started surfacing in 2013, the price sky-rocketed, but supply has always been readily available - I used to pick it out of $2 bins all the time when nobody cared about this book (or Harley in general).

If you want to pay through the nose for it on Ebay then sure it's not a tough find. I doubt anyone is picking these out of the dollar bins anymore. Most early HQ books are a tough find in the wild.

These books are readily available in large quantities and the furthest you can get from "tough finds".

Exactly, last year I found 5 copies of BA12, 30+ copies of BA 28, and about 15 Annual 1. Average cost of .50. They are all over, and only expensive on modern dealers walls and ebay.

I bought probably 15 copies of BA 12 here on the boards over the years for an average of $20.00 for NM. 8 Came back 9.8s, the rest 9.6. These books along with NM 98 and TT2, 44. Are all common as dirt.

They definitely are tough to find. Even the newest #1 is seeing some decent sales again after going cold for a bit.

U need to pick some up for your Cons they will be easy sales.

I do not need to pick up any more, I just need to figure out which book I stashed the regular #1s and Phantom #1s in. lol

I actually cleaned out the two LCSs that had them when they came out and I could flip the book for a quick double on eBay.

"Zombie" "Tramp" was kind of a no-brainer from the get-go . . . what's not to like??? lol:insane:

As FBS said, the only trouble was finding them. :sumo:

I have been picking up copies of the first series, as well as the Action Labs Mini and ongoing series. These are easy flips without a doubt.

A long the same lines, early Cavewoman and Tarot Witch of the Black Rose are usually quick flips when I can find them. The books are usually looked at as "perv books" at most of my local shops, but they sell really well and I will take an easy flip on a "perv book" any day. I picked up 1-3 of the original series off the wall at a shop and the owner said he never thought he would "get rid of those books" I told him I would happily have taken more if he had them and after the transaction was complete told him what they went for.

These are easy flips without a doubt.

A long the same lines, early Cavewoman and Tarot Witch of the Black Rose are usually quick flips when I can find them.

The books are usually looked at as "perv books" at most of my local shops, but they sell really well and I will take an easy flip on a "perv book" any day.

So, true!

The mark of a good sales person is one who can remove their own personal bias and recognize there's a marketplace for interests outside of their own.

If you love Rock n' Roll, tolerate Country, have a disdain for Hip Hop and criticize modern Pop, then you have no business owning a record store unless it's so niche and you're happy with that focused target.

With comics, it's about what sells, and every fool and their brother can stock up on "The Walking Dead" and compete with their peers, eventually left holding a box of unsold issues, or if you can pick up a handful of specialty zombie books like Zombie Tramp, Dead @ 17 and the like, step in and step out with profits, then move on, that makes good business sense, to keep moving your money.

I recently brought some long boxes from a person who received them as part of a donation for a youth center. a lot of the boxes weren't completely filled and he told me he had thrown out a lot of adult titles because he didn't want to be associated with them.

I can only imagine what titles he threw out as the collection was mostly copper/modern

They definitely are tough to find. Even the newest #1 is seeing some decent sales again after going cold for a bit.

U need to pick some up for your Cons they will be easy sales.

I do not need to pick up any more, I just need to figure out which book I stashed the regular #1s and Phantom #1s in. lol

I actually cleaned out the two LCSs that had them when they came out and I could flip the book for a quick double on eBay.

"Zombie" "Tramp" was kind of a no-brainer from the get-go . . . what's not to like??? lol:insane:

As FBS said, the only trouble was finding them. :sumo:

I have been picking up copies of the first series, as well as the Action Labs Mini and ongoing series. These are easy flips without a doubt.

A long the same lines, early Cavewoman and Tarot Witch of the Black Rose are usually quick flips when I can find them. The books are usually looked at as "perv books" at most of my local shops, but they sell really well and I will take an easy flip on a "perv book" any day. I picked up 1-3 of the original series off the wall at a shop and the owner said he never thought he would "get rid of those books" I told him I would happily have taken more if he had them and after the transaction was complete told him what they went for.

I brought this book up in Feb of 2015 and nobody even responded to my post. Y'all are late to this party!

Issue 1 was 350 back then. The creator had a lot of information about which issues were true first print, as he sold at least two different versions of issue 1.

Fkuc I wanted one so bad but now that prices took off I guess Ill just have to sit it out :sorry:

Dazzler Sounds of Light & Fury

I see Bill Sienkiewicz all the time, I'll ask him for some!

:devil:

I think he wouldnt be happy about it

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/29/bill-sienkiewicz-speaks-out-against-fox-studios-san-diego-comic-con-dazzler-giveaway/

Fkuc I wanted one so bad but now that prices took off I guess Ill just have to sit it out :sorry:

Dazzler Sounds of Light & Fury

I see Bill Sienkiewicz all the time, I'll ask him for some!

:devil:

I think he wouldnt be happy about it

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/29/bill-sienkiewicz-speaks-out-against-fox-studios-san-diego-comic-con-dazzler-giveaway/

That's pretty rotten of them to not throw him some copies for himself