• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

I agree with you, I am asking, for those that think it might be, what would the reason for the claim be backed by?

Edit:

I dont mean sales, but justification for increased interest. I have never heard any rumors about any colored hulk ever being in anything.

Edited by CBT

So,how about a book heating up . . . Red Hulk #1 ;) Even mid-grade copies doing well!

of course they are...

...NOT

Dude you need new glasses - even your own posts contradict yourself. :grin:

No glasses needed..

Gray hulk is not red hulk

Did you even look at my link? hm

I agree with you, I am asking, for those that think it might be, what would the reason for the claim be backed by?

Edit:

I dont mean sales, but justification for increased interest. I have never heard any rumors about any colored hulk ever being in anything.

When a book that essentially had no value at all sells for $24 in VF, that's heating up. Justification can kiss my batoulis . . . lol

When a book that essentially had no value at all sells for $24 in VF, that's heating up. Justification can kiss my batoulis . . . lol

But, if another VF is also going to sell for $24, wouldnt there have to be a reason for why it happened the first time?

A year or so ago, (Red) Hulk #1 seemed to be getting a little heat, but in the last few months I've found two in dollar bins. But, I think it's still a good book to have.

Yup. When the whole Star Wars Hot Topic recall fiasco occurred Red Hulks were going for 30.00. Keown Hulks for 70-80 and Turner Wizards for 100+

A year or so ago, (Red) Hulk #1 seemed to be getting a little heat, but in the last few months I've found two in dollar bins. But, I think it's still a good book to have.

I still think that What If issue is the 1st appearance of the Ross Hulk. Ross becomes the hulk in the issue. Don't know why its not.

Okay. So savage is heating up and these pics are killing me. :roflmao:

If there were threats of con meet-ups, everything is right with the world.

I have never been a valiant guy, but they are definitely a very loyal group, and a group that has long been seeking value. A modern valiant that is hard to get, could have some staying power, but is it a major character or a first appearance?

I dont really know that stuff at all

It is a 1st appearance of a new character. Most retailers slept on the book and it was underordered. Word got out how under ordered it was and us Valiant fans went scrambling to find a copy. The 1st to market is in effect, but this book will never be a cheap book.

Okay. So savage is heating up and these pics are killing me. :roflmao:

If there were threats of con meet-ups, everything is right with the world.

I have never been a valiant guy, but they are definitely a very loyal group, and a group that has long been seeking value. A modern valiant that is hard to get, could have some staying power, but is it a major character or a first appearance?

I dont really know that stuff at all

It is a 1st appearance of a new character. Most retailers slept on the book and it was underordered. Word got out how under ordered it was and us Valiant fans went scrambling to find a copy. The 1st to market is in effect, but this book will never be a cheap book.

cool, so it is a first appearance. Thanks for the info

Yup. When the whole Star Wars Hot Topic recall fiasco occurred Red Hulks were going for 30.00. Keown Hulks for 70-80 and Turner Wizards for 100+

And now 9.8s of the regular cover are going for $100-140 - that's not heating up? Ha-ha! :screwy:

I remember when that was going on and some of those Hot Topic books were north of $75 raw. A couple had sold for around $125 raw.

Today, not so much:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_sop=10&_saslop=2&_sasl=mycomicshop%2Cmilehighcomics&_from=R40&_nkw=%28starwars%2Cstar%20wars%2Cewoks%2Cdroids%29%20hot%20topic&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Still, a 9.8 fetching $125 is a pretty good sale IMHO.

Edited by rjrjr

Edit:

And then the next VF one sells for 6 bucks and the next NM- listed book sells for $11.50.

Yep that's on fire.

Jim

And then the next VF one sells for 6 bucks and the next NM- listed book sells for $11.50.

Yep that's on fire.

Jim

lol(worship)

No, :grin: that's just poor selling. And, you're discounting that over 80 copies sold over the last 60 days.

I still think that What If issue is the 1st appearance of the Ross Hulk. Ross becomes the hulk in the issue. Don't know why its not.

I feel the same way about Omega Red in What if 33.

THIS THREAD IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN SINCE SLICED BREAD.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

wheel