• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,792 posts in this topic

Essentially, its a comic book pyramid scheme lol

Top of the pyramid buys some books with low print run that no one is interested in and can be gotten cheap.

Then they announce it to the "members" making up the second tier, by talking up and pushing the books.

The second tier then lemming buy all the remaining affordable copies off ebay creating so called "heat".

Then both tiers list the books at absurdly high prices and come announce here that its "heating up" to the bottom tier, on these boards.

Then they wait for guppies to bite on the overpriced listings and scream, "see look", at the completed sales.

Likely, some of the bigger scumbags swimming in these circles will also produce fake sales if the real sales dont come.

Yep. This.

I had Thunderbolts #7 Checchetto 1:25 variant pre-ordered from DCBS way back in September. DCBS still hadn't filled it while all my other pre-orders for the week of November 30 has shipped so decided to grab a copy from Midtown or ebay as the Bucky / Kobik cover was very pretty. I was quite surprised to find it out of stock from online retailers and there was only one copy selling on ebay and the bidding had already gone up to $34. (shrug) Honestly couldn't understand why given Thunderbolts has been steadily losing monthly sales (I believe last ish was down to 16K) and earlier issues can be found frequently in dollar bins. A quick Google search shows this was featured as a hot pick on CBSI. :facepalm:

Alas, my LCS doesn't have it either. They've cut down on their Thunderbolts order because it just wasn't selling and they still have a lot of back issues on shelf. I'm probably one of the few customers buying this title. I've got a $15 limit for variants so I think I'll just wait for this to go back to more sane pricing in case DCBS cancels my order.

Yep. This.

I had Thunderbolts #7 Checchetto 1:25 variant pre-ordered from DCBS way back in September. DCBS still hadn't filled it while all my other pre-orders for the week of November 30 has shipped so decided to grab a copy from Midtown or ebay as the Bucky / Kobik cover was very pretty. I was quite surprised to find it out of stock from online retailers and there was only one copy selling on ebay and the bidding had already gone up to $34. (shrug) Honestly couldn't understand why given Thunderbolts has been steadily losing monthly sales (I believe last ish was down to 16K) and earlier issues can be found frequently in dollar bins. A quick Google search shows this was featured as a hot pick on CBSI. :facepalm:

Alas, my LCS doesn't have it either. They've cut down on their Thunderbolts order because it just wasn't selling and they still have a lot of back issues on shelf. I'm probably one of the few customers buying this title. I've got a $15 limit for variants so I think I'll just wait for this to go back to more sane pricing in case DCBS cancels my order.

yah, i hear you.

It's pretty funny that this time they picked to write on a book(sif variants) I just happened to have all the data on so no one can get away with BSing it.

There are other rare variants I have on my shopping list currently that no one cares about, and available easily. When I do clear out a bunch of sellers later this month, I am going to document everything even further with screenshots to boot.

Then if it triggers attempted claims of "heating up books again", i'll have it all ready to dump into this thread. :banana::banana::banana:

Edited by CBT

:gossip: Except for the past week it has heated up. There have been no 9.8 sales since the book has heated up so we don't know what the price of one of those would be now.

Suggesting otherwise is delusional. Just like it was when you tried to down talk the Tec 880. (thumbs u

UPDATE: 7:35PM

Still waiting for the ebay "dumping" portion of the program to begin..

-J.

The book fell 20% in 2 months, that a yearly loss rate of -120%.

A tiny increase in raw sales from cBSi lemmings following that PUMP article doesnt mean the book is heating up.

Define heating up, and then tell me what triggered this book to heat up. Of course you will ignore everything I just said, but if this is a heating up on ebay thread, people should be able to discuss whether something is heating up or not.

The dump will come if the pump is successful.

As for Tec880, i didnt try to talk the book down, I pointed to the fact that it was selling for the same price as last spring, which it was.

This will not be true no matter how many times you say it.

And UPDATE: 11:30PM:

Still "0" copies of the hot book Superior Carnage 1 variant being "dumped" on ebay. This utter lack of inventory is sure to drive prices even higher the next time one does pop up. :ohnoez:

Top of the pyramid buys some books with low print run that no one is interested in and can be gotten cheap.

Then they announce it to the "members" making up the second tier, by talking up and pushing the books.

The second tier then lemming buy all the remaining affordable copies off ebay creating so called "heat".

Then both tiers list the books at absurdly high prices and come announce here that its "heating up" to the bottom tier, on these boards.

Then they wait for guppies to bite on the overpriced listings and scream, "see look", at the completed sales.

Likely, some of the bigger scumbags swimming in these circles will also produce fake sales if the real sales dont come.

Yep. This.

Exactly !!!! :applause:

Ok, I'm going full Project Veritas on these cBSi clowns.

I just bought two VERY low print run, rare books, which a person could make two great SHILL ARGUMENTS for why they should explode in value.

I bought them because I collect the series, and had it on my pull list when it was original printed.

They have been available and watched on ebay for a long time. I have records of their price, previous sales, and current price of all other copies.

Neither were cheap, neither were expensive, and NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEM AT ALL.

Now if they try and shill them I am going to rip them a new one.

They were purchased immediately before this post. They both had watchers, like my SIF variants, and a run on them and shill argument potential is high. These books are EXTREMELY difficult to get, significantly harder than the SIF variants. A successful shill on these books would make them astronomical. They were both purchased for sub $50.

cBSi watch is ready :D:banana::banana:

Edited by CBT

Following :popcorn:

PM'ed you the details, share with no one please, but if it comes to fruition, you'll have the proof. You'll also see why i think its such an ideal trap for them ;) Two strong shill arguments baked into the books, but I have the proof, they arent heating up, and no one cared(s).

I just bought two VERY low print run, rare books, which a person could make two great SHILL ARGUMENTS for why they should explode in value.

I bought them because I collect the series, and had it on my pull list when it was original printed.

They have been available and watched on ebay for a long time. I have records of their price, previous sales, and current price of all other copies.

They were purchased immediately before this post. They both had watchers, like my SIF variants, and a run on them and shill argument potential is high. These books are EXTREMELY difficult to get, significantly harder than the SIF variants. A successful shill on these books would make them astronomical. They were both purchased for sub $50.

:gossip: Tell me, I like to make money

:gossip: Tell me, I like to make money

lol. They are books no one cares about, but which have reasons that people could invent for caring about them. I dont want to shill the books myself, i want to catch other people trying to do it ;)

Rare doesnt mean valuable. The value comes if the demand comes. These are hyper rare, but irrelevant.

Edited by CBT

Can you explain a hypothetical outcome that proves anything?

I'm just trying to figure out what outcome proves anything you've posted (not that I totally disagree with some of the stuff you posted earlier)

To recap:

YOU bought the two rare books so if they pick it up on that activity and create a story about it, that's sort of what people want them to report on when they visit the site.

If they create a story after NOT being involved in buying up the copies on e-bay wouldn't that prove that they don't do the insider trading/pyramid scheme thing that you're accusing them of?

Posting in this thread & playing Pied Piper gets you as many views from the lemmings as a CBSI story so I'm just trying to understand how you clearing out e-bay and them picking up on it will prove anything you've said earlier was right.

(shrug)

Can you explain a hypothetical outcome that proves anything?

I'm just trying to figure out what outcome proves anything you've posted (not that I totally disagree with some of the stuff you posted earlier)

To recap:

YOU bought the two rare books so if they pick it up on that activity and create a story about it, that's sort of what people want them to report on when they visit the site.

If they create a story after NOT being involved in buying up the copies on e-bay wouldn't that prove that they don't do the insider trading/pyramid scheme thing that you're accusing them of?

Posting in this thread & playing Pied Piper gets you as many views from the lemmings as a CBSI story so I'm just trying to understand how you clearing out e-bay and them picking up on it will prove anything you've said earlier was right.

(shrug)

I agree, I couldn't quite figure out what the hypothesis was and what the evidence would be that proves or disproves that hypothesis. Can we get a sample hypothetical 'abstract'?

To recap:

Sif portion of the article was triggered by my purchases, I have 0 doubt, but the proof I can show can be debated.

In this case, my purchases have been fully documented, including the prices, lack of interest in them, previous sales, available copies, etc.

The books I bought are not heating up, not valuable, not desirable, but are very difficult to get, VERY. There are two things about them, that someone could use as an argument to try and convince other people to buy them. If you could create such fake demand, the prices would go insane because they are extra-ordinarily difficult to acquire.

My purchases, like the SIF books, were for PROPERLY PRICED, AFFORDABLE copies of books that are not heating up. What very little that is available of these two books remaining on ebay, is grossly overpriced, price-gouging. Prices NO ONE will pay nor should pay, and have not paid for however many years since the books came out.

The scenario is that the remaining over-priced books are bought off ebay. My low cost sales, followed by those overpriced books, could then be faked as proof of "heating up". Which would not be true, as the authors claiming heat are the ones who bought the overpriced books.

Anyone who wants these books for real, would just wait for a properly priced copy to come up for sale(as they have been for years). If they print an article on the books, I will have a field day outing them.

Edited by CBT

Yep. This.

Exactly !!!! :applause:

Decided to check completed listings and a few BINs and auctions stood out - 2x $80 and 1x $90. Assuming those aren't shills and were purchases made by "investors", then ouch. Talk about buying high. Alas, I doubt they'll find actual collectors to offload to who would be willing to pay that much.

So you purchased the Fearless Defenders #4 variant from Mercenaut on eBay? One of the most, if not the most, well know YouTube haul poster? Hmm, but CBSI is shilling because they have reported a market trend. Great logic.

I've asked this question before and nobody has been able to answer it. How are you supposed to talk about books on the internet that the general public buys at increased prices without being accused of shilling or manipulating the market?

This is why there are almost no posts about "hot" books in this thread anymore.

Incredible...

He must have listened to the podcast last night because CBSI mentioned it, making him a lemming now too according to his own words.

You clowns are hilarious trying to bust others dragonballZ when you do the same stuff, just don't have the followers that group does.

I've asked this question before and nobody has been able to answer it. How are you supposed to talk about books on the internet that the general public buys at increased prices without being accused of shilling or manipulating the market?

This is why there are almost no posts about "hot" books in this thread anymore.

Incredible...

No one posts about books they think will heat up, because they want to buy them, not have everyone else buy them first.

There is nothing wrong with talking about hot books, when they actually are hot books. Saying that cold books are hot in order to try and make them heat up, is shilling. Buying a bunch of them before doing it, is extremely immoral, and imo when proven should land people on the HoS.