• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,798 posts in this topic

Essentially, its a comic book pyramid scheme lol

Top of the pyramid buys some books with low print run that no one is interested in and can be gotten cheap.

Then they announce it to the "members" making up the second tier, by talking up and pushing the books.

The second tier then lemming buy all the remaining affordable copies off ebay creating so called "heat".

Then both tiers list the books at absurdly high prices and come announce here that its "heating up" to the bottom tier, on these boards.

Then they wait for guppies to bite on the overpriced listings and scream, "see look", at the completed sales.

Likely, some of the bigger scumbags swimming in these circles will also produce fake sales if the real sales dont come.

hm

I don't read their site all the time but I do appreciate the time that it is put into it. I have been alerted to a few cool books by that site, that I ended up buying because I like them.

As to that article that you linked that included the Superior Carnage 1 variant (among many others), having now read it, I did not see any "pumping" there at all. If anything, the point of the article is to tell symbiote fans (I am one) to grab the book before it heats up.

If buyers (like me) read that, see the book, like it (and it is as bad-azz rendition of Carnage) and buy it, they aren't "lemmings", and as far as I'm concerned, at that point the site has done exactly the kind of thing I would want a comic book site to do-introduce me to some cool new books.

Besides, Superior Carnage 1 has always been relatively scarce on the market. I would be surprised if suddenly 10 or even 5 copies suddenly showed up on ebay (right now, there are none, there must be a glitch in the Matrix at the moment). But I will certainly keep an eye out now, if for no other reason than to see if there's an iota of merit to any of your allegations.

-J.

Speaking of Klyntar-associated variants heating up.....

:gossip:Superior Carnage #1 Checcetto has been seeing upward movement all week as has the #2 Garres variant (personally prefer the nastiness of the #1 though).

-J.

2x 9.8 CGC sales on ebay, Sept 24 & Nov 20. November 20th, 18.5% decline from September....

CGC 9.8 Sep. 24,2016 => $134.95 USD

CGC 9.8 Nov. 20,2016 => $110.00 USD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Carnage-2013-1B-Chechetto-Variant-CGC-9-8-/331975164605

US $134.95 Sep 24, 2016

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERIOR-CARNAGE-1-Marco-Checchetto-1-25-Variant-CGC-9-8-/201699198986

7***7 ( 669 Feedback) US $110.00 Accepted 20-Nov-16

Perhaps re-read the bolded part of the post and then see raw sales....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Superior+carnage+1&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=10&_udhi=1000000&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=91601&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

...although this book hitting $110+ in the last 30 days in a 9.8 is noteworthy in its own right.

-J.

just another cog in the machine

linky

lol Guess what ?

I didn't even see that.

But if a book is "heating up" (again, the point of the thread , right? right??) it should be no surprise if other people notice it (even if it's before us).

Although it's nice to know I would have good instincts if I were to ever try to sell a comic book. ;)

-J.

As stated many times before, its important to question why a book is heating up. As is often the case those articles don't use numbers or data to discuss a book that is already heating up. They are discussing a stagnant book that will go up. Why? Because its "undervalued". Why is it undervalued? Nobody can tell you. The market apparently just missed it. Plus its a low print run book, man. And its a hot artist. And the publisher has big plans for the character. And then buyers read the article and eBay gets cleared of the few copies listed. And then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. These books I wrote about just happened to increase in price as soon as I wrote about them, its totally unrelated.

Those SIF variants I have followed, watched, had ebay alerts on, have BOUGHT MULTIPLE TIMES, from the day they came out, until today. I buy them every now and then when a deal comes up, or when I am working on adding to my collection from that series. I like to own multiples of things I have an interest in, for future slabbing, signing, etc type actions.

I bought a copy of all of the SIF variants except the inflated TAN, on Nov 21/22, for a combined price of under $100. None of them were heating up, all of them were available at low prices, all of them had multiples available. NO ONE CARED. All of the ones I bought had multiple watchers on them.

THESE ARE FACTS, FACTS WITH PROOF AND LINKS

Sif was not heating up, any heat in it is FABRICATED. The same with CARNAGE. I have never bought that book but I showed that the CGC 9.8 price fell 20% from Sept to Nov, with a seller taking the only decent offer they could get.

Both of these as "heating up books" is BS being peddled. This thread, and these boards, are being used to try and MAKE it true. These books have such low print runs that they are very easy to manipulate, ie cornering a market. People have bought these books and are trying to flip them through deceit and lies, ebay manipulation, and CGC Forum shilling.

Don't believe the cBSi

Don't believe the lies

Edited by CBT

just another cog in the machine

linky

Wow.....

A.) that site is garbage and everything on it is BS

B.) Keep the BS off of books I actually collect, shill up things I dont actually enjoy

C.) I hope the people posting in this thread about both the books in that garbage post had nothing to do with writing said garbage post.

D.) I'd tell you what I really think of cBSi but I might get moderated.

E.) Might have to do an n00b-protection-anti-cBSi-shilling blog, and post here showing real sales data everytime they try to pump and dump something.

My favourite part of that link: "find either of these 10K print run (being generous here) books" in reference to the Nightwatch issues. Yeah, because if Marvels from early 1994 are well known for anything, it's for their tiny print runs. :roflmao: 10K is probably what was ordered by one of the big chains at the time.(yes, that's an exaggeration)

UPDATE: 6:00PM:

Just checked ebay for the "dumping" part of this grand scheme...

Still "0" copies of the Superior Carnage 1 variant listed. Maybe it, like the Tec 880, just really are hot after all. :o

-J.

Has this changed? No.

Facts dont care about feelings or opinions, they just are.

cBSi and this thread, can't change those sales.

A thread about heating up books, should be about heating up books. 2x 9.8 sales in three months=terrible, with the more recent one 20% lower than the last=horrendous, this book does not belong in a heating up thread. Period.

Edited by CBT

Still "0" copies of the Superior Carnage 1 variant listed. Maybe it, like the Tec 880, just really are hot after all. :o

-J.

Has this changed? No.

A thread about heating up books, should be about heating up books. 2x 9.8 sales in three months=terrible, with the more recent one 20% lower than the last=horrendous, this book does not belong in a heating up thread. Period.

What happened in September is irrelevant. For the purposes of "heating up", (i.e., present tense), over the past week raw copies have indeed "heated up" (multiple sales at escalating prices).

UPDATE: 6:22PM:

Still no copies on ebay.

Somebody better contact CBSI and tell them they're still not doing this right. :ohnoez:

-J.

Essentially, its a comic book pyramid scheme lol

Top of the pyramid buys some books with low print run that no one is interested in and can be gotten cheap.

Then they announce it to the "members" making up the second tier, by talking up and pushing the books.

The second tier then lemming buy all the remaining affordable copies off ebay creating so called "heat".

Then both tiers list the books at absurdly high prices and come announce here that its "heating up" to the bottom tier, on these boards.

Then they wait for guppies to bite on the overpriced listings and scream, "see look", at the completed sales.

Likely, some of the bigger scumbags swimming in these circles will also produce fake sales if the real sales dont come.

:headbang:

:applause:

I was wrong about you. You da man !!

-J.

Has this changed? No.

What happened in September is irrelevant. For the purposes of "heating up", (i.e., present tense), over the past week raw copies have indeed "heated up" (multiple sales at escalating prices).

UPDATE: 6:22PM:

Still no copies on ebay.

Somebody better contact CBSI and tell them they're still not doing this right. lol

-J.

This isn't some big nefarious conspiracy. But the articles on that site create markets for books where there wasn't one before. Go back and look at sales for Wonder Woman 188. eBay will tell you that any sustained interest in that book occurred on, or after, that website published an article about it. The same thing happened with the Hughes Catwoman books. 74 was featured in an article and it rocketed up in price. In the same article there was a footnote mentioning 46 and 70 because of their scarcity in high grade due to color of the cover lol . What happened to the prices on those issues? All of a sudden a huge interest. And it just happened to coincide with the date the article was printed. :idea:

There are some people over there that recognize this phenomenon and take advantage of it. That is why they are frequently associated with pumping and dumping. Invest is in the site's url. They have an obligation to regularly mention books that someone can buy now and sell for more down the road. So when they write an article telling their readers to buy a book, and then the supply of that book dwindles online, and demand goes up, and the prices go up, they come out looking like wizards. This isn't rocket science.

I have a couple raw Superior Carnage #1 variants in 9.8. I would say that book is probably pretty scarce. When it first came out there were definitely a few more to be had on ebay for pretty cheap for sure.

I actually found that CBSI article pretty informative. It was more about $1 bin diving for cool covers than anything else IMO.

I have a couple raw Superior Carnage #1 variants in 9.8. I would say that book is probably pretty scarce. When it first came out there were definitely a few more to be had on ebay for pretty cheap for sure.

I actually found that CBSI article pretty informative. It was more about $1 bin diving for cool covers than anything else IMO.

Yeah, other than the outright lies, blatant misinformation, and other wildly_fanciful_statement written in an attempt to manipulate the market, it was great!

I love the guys here who spend $2-8K on single copies of slabbed books sold by their friends, "creating" niche "markets", calling other people pumpers/dumpers for pointing out books that people are "suggested" to pick up before they get hot. Seriously some of you guys with expensive slabs should know many people think you guys sell to each other, mark it sold in paypal, and pay a few $ in fees to dump slabs at inflated prices and should be more worried about that than an article that mentions a guy, going to a store who knows how to buy good books. L oh my gosh El.

You guys should just post books that have sold and back it up with sales links and move on if you cannot stay on topic.

:headbang:

:applause:

I was wrong about you. You da man !!

sorry i confused you, I could have added /sarc to my post, but i was trying to be more tongue in cheek about it, as others said.

I have always been and will always be about protecting the less experienced for the hucksters.

This isn't some big nefarious conspiracy. But the articles on that site create markets for books where there wasn't one before. Go back and look at sales for Wonder Woman 188. eBay will tell you that any sustained interest in that book occurred on, or after, that website published an article about it. The same thing happened with the Hughes Catwoman books. 74 was featured in an article and it rocketed up in price. In the same article there was a footnote mentioning 46 and 70 because of their scarcity in high grade due to color of the cover lol . What happened to the prices on those issues? All of a sudden a huge interest. And it just happened to coincide with the date the article was printed. :idea:

There are some people over there that recognize this phenomenon and take advantage of it. That is why they are frequently associated with pumping and dumping. Invest is in the site's url. They have an obligation to regularly mention books that someone can buy now and sell for more down the road. So when they write an article telling their readers to buy a book, and then the supply of that book dwindles online, and demand goes up, and the prices go up, they come out looking like wizards. This isn't rocket science.

the scam is in the fact that the interest is manufactured, and the people manufacturing buy before the BS, and sell after.

Literally, buy, pump, dump.

no one is disputing the rarity. There are tons of rare books, Bedlam RRP is a rare book. The supply side isnt what is being shilled, its the demand that is being shilled.

The problem is, they are creating fake demand and exploiting it.

Obviously, once the fake demand exists, legitimate people will sell into it.

Saying that Carnage is heating up is BS though. The book in 9.8, a few days ago sold for NEGATIVE 20% of the most recent sale at that time. That is a book going down, not up.

Writing an article and posting in this thead is manufactured hype, pushing a falling book up. That is shilling, and its what cBSi is doing.

I love the guys here who spend $2-8K on single copies of slabbed books sold by their friends, "creating" niche "markets", calling other people pumpers/dumpers for pointing out books that people are "suggested" to pick up before they get hot. Seriously some of you guys with expensive slabs should know many people think you guys sell to each other, mark it sold in paypal, and pay a few $ in fees to dump slabs at inflated prices and should be more worried about that than an article that mentions a guy, going to a store who knows how to buy good books. L oh my gosh El.

You guys should just post books that have sold and back it up with sales links and move on if you cannot stay on topic.

Can you explain whom you are referring to, and an example of these books and their niche markets.

People buying books that no one cares about, and then attempting to create demand for those books, IS PUMPING. Pumping isnt selling books that are already expensive, its talking up books that arent expensive to try and increase them in value.

no one is disputing the rarity. There are tons of rare books, Bedlam RRP is a rare book. The supply side isnt what is being shilled, its the demand that is being shilled.

The problem is, they are creating fake demand and exploiting it.

Obviously, once the fake demand exists, legitimate people will sell into it.

Saying that Carnage is heating up is BS though. The book in 9.8, a few days ago sold for NEGATIVE 20% of the most recent sale at that time. That is a book going down, not up.

Writing an article and posting in this thead is manufactured hype, pushing a falling book up. That is shilling, and its what cBSi is doing.

:gossip: Except for the past week it has heated up. There have been no 9.8 sales since the book has heated up so we don't know what the price of one of those would be now.

Suggesting otherwise is delusional. Just like it was when you tried to down talk the Tec 880. (thumbs u

UPDATE: 7:35PM

Still waiting for the ebay "dumping" portion of the program to begin..

-J.

Part of this thread is education. Otherwise posting books repeatedly with no data or discussion is nothing but advertisement.

Quite honestly I am surprised by your comments. I and others aren't calling individuals out, but pointing to a problem that needs to be considered and no longer ignored.

You are really missing the point here or you just don't care which I am not sure which is worse.

:gossip: Except for the past week it has heated up. There have been no 9.8 sales since the book has heated up so we don't know what the price of one of those would be now.

Suggesting otherwise is delusional. Just like it was when you tried to down talk the Tec 880. (thumbs u

UPDATE: 7:35PM

Still waiting for the ebay "dumping" portion of the program to begin..

-J.

The book fell 20% in 2 months, that a yearly loss rate of -120%.

A tiny increase in raw sales from cBSi lemmings following that PUMP article doesnt mean the book is heating up.

Define heating up, and then tell me what triggered this book to heat up. Of course you will ignore everything I just said, but if this is a heating up on ebay thread, people should be able to discuss whether something is heating up or not.

The dump will come if the pump is successful.

As for Tec880, i didnt try to talk the book down, I pointed to the fact that it was selling for the same price as last spring, which it was.