• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I preferred your "THIS IS THE LAST TIME I RESPOND TO YOU" post.

An understandable preference versus facing the truth, or responding to it.

Since the truth is well established again here, I can say it again, so that you dont keep derailing this thread. this is my last response to you on this subject.

Edited by CBT

Since the truth is well established again here, I can say it again, so that you dont keep derailing this thread. this is my last response to you on this subject.

Yeah, I'm the one derailing the thread.

I give it three weeks.

OK

book in the "moderns heating up" thread gets scrutinized.

why do so many people get confused, (or in past cases extremely butt hurt) in this thread, whenever an actual discussion occurs.

It is not the "books for cheerleading thread"

If the thread is called, "books that are heating up", then people should discuss whether or not a book is heating up or not.

When so many people post books which are clearly NOT heating up, but which they either want to heat up, or others have told them are going to heat up, they should not be surprised, or shocked, or offended, that people might actually question saying:

"are you sure thats heating up?"

"here are some sales that seem to point otherwise".

Ultimately, its either a dont ask dont tell thread, where people only cheerlead for books to go up up and away, or its a discussion thread about what is heating up, and that involves both sides of the discussion, for the books that are mentioned.

Lastly, i wasnt scrutinizing the book, though legitimately curious WHY it was brought up in this thread (where it clearly does not belong).

If you don't want to respond to my posts, don't.

Please don't edit my posts down to the point of using them as a launchpad for your next monologue.

Thanks in advance. :whatev:

Chopping someone's post up like that and then using to make some "insightful" observation is just plain lame .

As a clarification on internet rules: if someone makes multiple points in a post, how does someone responding know which points they're allowed to respond to?

Yes, how would we?

If there were only some type of text editing controls.

All of this bickering is interfering with me finding $15 books in the dollar box or buying a mispriced $50 variant for $10. Not that I need to as I have 50 copies of superman 204, which is a raging hot $20 book (or should be).

Detective #850

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=detective%20comics%20850&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Surprised the fan club hasn't jumped on this one yet.

Sorry but credit goes to CBSI on this one.

In five minutes of googling I have discovered that the TMNT 1990 cookie jar has 4 versions (all turtles) - and they sell on ebay for 50 to 100.

but you can also find deals off ebay - $25 Buy it nows and stuff.

Also Buzzfeed did a article in july about how its a $150 collectible....

I don't know.

Found it on one of those trending sites.

Ah, i see, you are still mad about being outed for your connections to cBSi and you are trying to troll and be funny??

Well, fail on both accounts, but I can give you a legit answer anyway :)

You are looking at direct feeds off of current ebay listings. nothing more nothing less. In your case you are looking at:

"the top 25 auctions with at least 1 bid, listed in Modern Comics, on ebay, with no duplicates allowed (ie two WD#1s with bid auctions, only the higher valued one would show)"

The site isnt generating it, just displaying it. If someone has incorrectly listed a cookie jar as a comic to get more views, it can appear there. If the site were being actively managed, I am sure someone could filter it for you, but while it is not, you can luckily add block terms in one of the fields. Add "cookie" to the block filter and refresh the search and your jar will go away.

Just one point to note, while that site is mostly inactive.... It is hosted on Amazon's EC2 AWS cloud, with full IP logging turned on. Everything and everyone that uses it is fully logged and recorded. So you might want to consider using a proxy when visiting it, unless you like people having your IP address. Also, its well protected from intrusions using Amazon's cloud security setup, so anyone trying to hack it, would probably fail and just end up facing a lawsuit....

Edited by CBT

Never really seen this one addressed here or anywhere else really

s_l1600.jpg

I think the washing machine in the background is a turnoff for most buyers.

(tsk):acclaim:

Brought it up a few pages back. :banana:

It does sell very well and looks to continue to appreciate.

If the BIN sellers would lower their BINs some I think they would all sell out.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Yeah, I'm the one derailing the thread.

I give it three weeks.

Its been here for 5+ years I doubt its going anywhere.

Surprised the fan club hasn't jumped on this one yet.

What is there to jump on, exactly? No false narrative being used to push it. No "rare" variant for which a low print can be falsely cited. And no conflict of interest between an investment site pushing an exclusive for it while their employees sell it.

Someday you'll figure it out.

Oh boy, I can't wait to be an enlightened one!

Does it come with a pair of white tennis shoes and cup of "punch"? :wishluck:

Assuming this is a reference to the Heaven's Gate cult, the Nike Decades they wore weren't white. Nor did they drink punch. #facts

:gossip: People's Temple