• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Nothing Earth shattering, or probably new to this thread, but just had a decent sale on Infinity War 1-6 full set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262735746545?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

That's is a good sale I just made an overseas sale for much less so maybe interest is picking up.

Nobody important at least. I know your 1st post was to blatantly discredit CBSI in the Dell'Otto Venom thread, and from what I know you aren't allowed to have 2 accounts here.

I also know you can be all hardcore behind a screen name, but you cannot escape Karma.

Hardcore? How so?

Like I said, I simply reported on a book that was hot before release and recommended people buy at their lcs in order to sell. I am not invested in the book and don't need to talk a book up like you guys do at cbsi. I wasn't trying to pump a book up in order for folks to pay inflated prices and get stuck with a book that will crash.

I find it funny that you immediately stop trying to prove either of your weak points since 1. I'm not "Kevin" and 2. I wasn't pumping/dumping anything.

I was trying to give others a heads up. If people were able to grab that book Wednesday morning for under 20 bucks and then double or triple their money, then I helped someone out.

So I'd walk away before screenshots of certain cbsi conversations see the light of day and cause a few people to go into hiding.

Now, I just wish I had more than 2 copies of 'Tec 850 from my PC. Don't really even want to part my under set right now. Though I did open that book to see what the 1st App angle was about.

Definitely a cameo with no name placed on the group. Just a precursor to GCS #1 towards the end. Would still like to find a couple more though!

This whole run during that period of 'Tec is really good for those that have not read them.

I agree I am all about taking money for books like that I can $1 for. It still blows my mind people are paying big money for GCS 1 anyway.

Who, Proof, Links, Details, Pictures! Stop being Cryptic!

I have read enough of the last 4300 plus pages to know why you don't get along, not once have you posted the PROOF so many of us have asked. Hearsay, Slander, Libel........that's all you have. As an agent of the public I cannot stand attacks without the facts.

A little FYI, I know bad eggs are everywhere. I am good with CBSI because a member tired to hose me on a book, and the head guys got involved to make sure the issues were non issues. I even showed such good faith I returned the book after eBay told me to keep it.

Keep crying wolf, we won't believe you any more soon.

Who is being cryptic?

Your fearless leader is a liar. Username 8802 on this forum is the head of CBSI. He claims he only has one eBay account, and uses it as evidence to downplay how infrequently he sells books since that account rarely has books for sale. Except he has multiple eBay accounts. Nothing wrong with that but he isn't honest about it. Claims it's impossible for him to be pumping and dumping books because he never sells books. ok.

From a PM he sent me (screencap available on request):

I have one eBay account, never have I had two. I changed my name, but have never had multiple eBay accounts. I don't need multiple accounts. Your accusation is false again.

This is his eBay account: linky

Note the feedback score attached to that account. When you bid on an item your username and feedback show up with your bid amount. Your username is of course scrambled to all but the bidder and seller, but eBay does not scramble the feedback number and it updates just as your feedback does as time passes and new feedback is earned.

In episode 27 of his podcast, timestamp 1:14:49, 8802 claims he bid on this listing for NYX CGC 9.9:

linky

Except there is no bid by a user with a feedback score of 567. So either he never bid on the book or he used a second account to do it. So which is it?

oh and remember this?

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

This will be an iconic panel forever in my opinion. $700 was a steal.

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

Your assumption is incorrect ......

No, I would believe its pretty accurate.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

As for proving if he actually sells on more than one account that is largely impossible. He could use a proxy seller for example and sell his books through them on consignment or in exchange for services. And again this isn't important. If you are spending hundreds? thousands? of hours a year managing an investment operation I would hope you are making money on it. But doing it using false information, shady tactics, and conflicts of interest is a problem.

So Maximis instead of chirping at me for making false accusations, maybe take a long hard look at who you're getting in bed with.

oh and enjoy your holiday weekend!

Nothing Earth shattering, or probably new to this thread, but just had a decent sale on Infinity War 1-6 full set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262735746545?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

This has been going for a loooooooong while

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITY-WAR-1-2-3-4-5-6-COMPLETE-SET-GAUNTLET-THANOS-WARLOCK-AVENGERS-MOVIE-NM-/301614071046?hash=item4639997d06:g:qUcAAOSwPhdVQXxf

Sorry for not reporting sooner, but I was distracted by all the bickering on thsi thread of late

Great news ! (thumbs u

So, this mini battle, just all going to keep posting in an attempt destroy each other?

I would like to think that everyone is on here because they like comics. A common ground.

I like that they "outed" you as a cbsi member like it was some kind of scarlet letter but you still want to find common ground.

This is what the Cgc board needs.

So, this mini battle, just all going to keep posting in an attempt destroy each other?

I would like to think that everyone is on here because they like comics. A common ground.

It won't once these guys realize their jealous personal conflict has no place in this thread or on these boards, and a reason to try and slander CBSI better be backed with PROOF that they don't have, especially Mr. Multiple Account RawKing here hiding behind yet another screen name. Called your bluff too.......Bring what you have cupcake, and it better be good

It's the people who are only out to make money off comics (and doing a lot worse at this since CBSI came around) here who are lashing out at a group of guys who do charity work to the sum of 18k and countless thousands of more in donations to charity. Yeah. And they all have day jobs.

Came for the comics. Stayed for the pizza and beer discussions. lol

This place normally rocks. Holidays are stressful. They're almost over and we should be enjoying them instead of bickering. Fighting about stuff is too easy but not fun. Comics on the other hand are brilliant when done well and very enjoyable.

So what is heating up and who is this Larraz guy who did the Poe Dameron cover ? Why is it selling so high on ebay ?

Cover

It doesn't come up for sale often. I stumbled on it by accident but it does sell for a little bit.

ebay sales

This place normally rocks. Holidays are stressful. They're almost over and we should be enjoying them instead of bickering. Fighting about stuff is too easy but not fun. Comics on the other hand are brilliant when done well and very enjoyable.

So what is heating up and who is this Larraz guy who did the Poe Dameron cover ? Why is it selling so high on ebay ?

Cover

It doesn't come up for sale often. I stumbled on it by accident but it does sell for a little bit.

ebay sales

I believe it was only available in Spain where the artist is from. Might be tough to get stateside.

Maybe you guys already knew about this book but I had no clue it was bringing this kind of money.

Mighty Marvel Must Haves NYX 1 2 3

Yes, the $AFFORDABLE$ copy of X-23's 1st appearance. Even when NYX 3 was a $300 9.8, this was a steady seller similar to your current findings.

Either way, Nice pulls for posts! Thanks for trying to get us back on track.

Cover

ebay sales

Thank You, never seen this cover before.

I'll add a book that just sold also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-2014-8th-Series-1F-CGC-9-8-0292727008-/311761139739?hash=item489669781b:g:dAoAAOSw44BYU2kk

This seems to be heating up to me. Prices are all over the place but looks like 8 or 9 copies sold today.

Fleabay

I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am one with the force and the force is with me. I will fear no evil !

Cover

ebay sales

I believe it was only available in Spain where the artist is from. Might be tough to get stateside.

Maybe you guys already knew about this book but I had no clue it was bringing this kind of money.

Mighty Marvel Must Haves NYX 1 2 3

Yes, the $AFFORDABLE$ copy of X-23's 1st appearance. Even when NYX 3 was a $300 9.8, this was a steady seller similar to your current findings.

Either way, Nice pulls for posts! Thanks for trying to get us back on track.

Thanks. Had no idea.

This seems to be heating up to me. Prices are all over the place but looks like 8 or 9 copies sold today.

Fleabay

I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am one with the force and the force is with me. I will fear no evil !

Was on the spec. site. No reason to buy now, wait it out.

But really, was he not the best new character?! Haha

Cover

ebay sales

Thank You, never seen this cover before.

I'll add a book that just sold also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-2014-8th-Series-1F-CGC-9-8-0292727008-/311761139739?hash=item489669781b:g:dAoAAOSw44BYU2kk

(thumbs u