• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Surprised the fan club hasn't jumped on this one yet.

What is there to jump on, exactly? No false narrative being used to push it. No "rare" variant for which a low print can be falsely cited. And no conflict of interest between an investment site pushing an exclusive for it while their employees sell it.

Someday you'll figure it out.

Oh boy, I can't wait to be an enlightened one!

Does it come with a pair of white tennis shoes and cup of "punch"? :wishluck:

Assuming this is a reference to the Heaven's Gate cult, the Nike Decades they wore weren't white. Nor did they drink punch. #facts

:gossip: People's Temple

Did you see that X-men 302 variant show up this week. I never thought I would see another copy.

Never really seen this one addressed here or anywhere else really

s_l1600.jpg

I think the washing machine in the background is a turnoff for most buyers.

(tsk):acclaim:

Brought it up a few pages back. :banana:

It does sell very well and looks to continue to appreciate.

If the BIN sellers would lower their BINs some I think they would all sell out.

hm there's a 9.6 in the C/M sales...just saying. :hi:

OK

book in the "moderns heating up" thread gets scrutinized.

why do so many people get confused, (or in past cases extremely butt hurt) in this thread, whenever an actual discussion occurs.

It is not the "books for cheerleading thread"

If the thread is called, "books that are heating up", then people should discuss whether or not a book is heating up or not.

When so many people post books which are clearly NOT heating up, but which they either want to heat up, or others have told them are going to heat up, they should not be surprised, or shocked, or offended, that people might actually question saying:

"are you sure thats heating up?"

"here are some sales that seem to point otherwise".

Ultimately, its either a dont ask dont tell thread, where people only cheerlead for books to go up up and away, or its a discussion thread about what is heating up, and that involves both sides of the discussion, for the books that are mentioned.

Lastly, i wasnt scrutinizing the book, though legitimately curious WHY it was brought up in this thread (where it clearly does not belong).

If you don't want to respond to my posts, don't.

Please don't edit my posts down to the point of using them as a launchpad for your next monologue.

Thanks in advance. :whatev:

Chopping someone's post up like that and then using to make some "insightful" observation is just plain lame .

As a clarification on internet rules: if someone makes multiple points in a post, how does someone responding know which points they're allowed to respond to?

Yes, how would we?

If there were only some type of text editing controls.

All of this bickering is interfering with me finding $15 books in the dollar box or buying a mispriced $50 variant for $10. Not that I need to as I have 50 copies of superman 204, which is a raging hot $20 book (or should be).

Detective #850

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=detective%20comics%20850&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Surprised the fan club hasn't jumped on this one yet.

Sorry but credit goes to CBSI on this one.

Didn't see it, was looking up Gotham City Sirens books on ebay a few days ago and saw it and quickly listed a few. Now the quick price bump makes more sense

Just one point to note, while that site is mostly inactive.... It is hosted on Amazon's EC2 AWS cloud, with full IP logging turned on. Everything and everyone that uses it is fully logged and recorded. So you might want to consider using a proxy when visiting it, unless you like people having your IP address. Also, its well protected from intrusions using Amazon's cloud security setup, so anyone trying to hack it, would probably fail and just end up facing a lawsuit....

I am quoting this so people can see the hilarity of this thread.

"I LOG ALL IP ADDRESSESS THAT GO TO MY WEBSITE"

You mean like all websites?

"USE A PROXY WHEN YOU COME TO MY WEBSITE BECAUSE I WILL OUT YOUR IP ADDRESS"

Some times you ask god to show you a sign of his existence. Then you read this thread.

Just one point to note, while that site is mostly inactive.... It is hosted on Amazon's EC2 AWS cloud, with full IP logging turned on. Everything and everyone that uses it is fully logged and recorded. So you might want to consider using a proxy when visiting it, unless you like people having your IP address. Also, its well protected from intrusions using Amazon's cloud security setup, so anyone trying to hack it, would probably fail and just end up facing a lawsuit....

I am quoting this so people can see the hilarity of this thread.

"I LOG ALL IP ADDRESSESS THAT GO TO MY WEBSITE"

You mean like all websites?

"USE A PROXY WHEN YOU COME TO MY WEBSITE BECAUSE I WILL OUT YOUR IP ADDRESS"

Some times you ask god to show you a sign of his existence. Then you read this thread.

He's not talking about his website.

At least it doesn't sound like it if you read the entire post.

There was a screenshot picture from an old inactive hobby site which I am associated with and which my screen name on here relates to, that is long dormant. The three cBSi guys, yog, ultra, and jimmy, have all been making posts trying to troll about it. (all of them have been flaming worthy of mod notification, but i dont button hump)

Instead of taking his bait, I informed him how the page he was screenshoting worked, and why the ebay feeds can have non-comic related things in them (people can mis-catgeory their sales listings)

They also posted a link talking about "weak security", so I included a description of where its actually hosted, and noted that it records permanently every visitor and everything they do. It's not some wordpress site hosted on godaddy.com, it's a custom Linux virtual machine running on Amazon's Ec2 AWS cloud service (root access to the webserver, apache access logs and controls, many things 99.9% of internet site owners dont have access to, etc). It has a lot more than just that hobby site on it, and any n00bs trying to muck around with it will fail, and get busted for the attempt.

Edited by CBT

The only Gamora cover

VERY nice but the Dell'Otto and Manara ones are <3 <3 <3

I only have the Manara.

I chose it over the JSC and have been sick about it ever since.

:tonofbricks:

Just picked up a Manara cover.

I've been shopping around for a while. I think it's doing well on ebay and it is certainly a gorgeous cover composition.

Luckily I found one for an even 25 bucks at a shop on vacation in Fla.

Great book though...I was prepared to pay 40'ish if I could not find one.

I enjoy reading you talking about being a computer wizard.

Why don't you got post something on your web site or go be a moderator somewhere else. I mean really you are wearing out your welcome here. Its like you have a personal grudge against this board and its members.

For someone who wants to sell a lot of comics you personality is killing your business.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Funny, I sold A Guardians #1 Manara 1:50 off the shop wall that was $10 off at $25. Might have been me who sold that to you if it was Central Florida.

It couldn't have been at CoC shops down there. I don't think anything is on their wall for $25. They are very proud of their books.

Edited by Fastballspecial

There was a screenshot picture from an old inactive hobby site which I am associated with and which my screen name on here relates to, that is long dormant. The three cBSi guys, yog, ultra, and jimmy, have all been making posts trying to troll about it. (all of them have been flaming worthy of mod notification, but i dont button hump)

Instead of taking his bait, I informed him how the page he was screenshoting worked, and why the ebay feeds can have non-comic related things in them (people can mis-catgeory their sales listings)

They also posted a link talking about "weak security", so I included a description of where its actually hosted, and noted that it records permanently every visitor and everything they do. It's not some wordpress site hosted on godaddy.com, it's a custom Linux virtual machine running on Amazon's Ec2 AWS cloud service (root access to the webserver, apache access logs and controls, many things 99.9% of internet site owners dont have access to, etc). It has a lot more than just that hobby site on it, and any n00bs trying to muck around with it will fail, and get busted for the attempt.

I understood less than a third of that lol

I don't work for Coliseum, but I find your joke to be somewhat funny.

They have been getting better. Despite the Checcetto Gamora being pumped here by Kevin really hard, and on eBay via pre-sales, I got my personal copy for $15 from there after a birthday card discount of $5.00.

My local store that I work only Wednesdays at (New Book Day, Obviously) we do a set Ratio=Variant Price to make it as fair as possible week one. Week 2+ reserve the right to lower/raise.

Why don't you got post something on your web site or go be a moderator somewhere else. I mean really you are wearing out your welcome here. Its like you have a personal grudge against this board and its members.

For someone who wants to sell a lot of comics you personality is killing your business.

Yes because I don't contribute to this thread and I am part of the three or so people that make it almost impossible to post in this thread.

sorry, in plain english:

1.) people were trolling me because of an old unused website, which still had public access for some features including lists of current ebay items for sale.

2.) they tried to imply it was insecure, and I pointed out that it is not and hosted in a far more complicated way than anything they know how to use/do (an entire server made from scratch on the top cloud computing host in the world, a server that I have complete control over, and hosts more than just the hobby site) and that if they tried to hack it they would fail and be caught.

Yes because I don't contribute to this thread and I am part of the three or so people that make it almost impossible to post in this thread.

You are correct. The three or so devotees to CBSI that regularly post here are killing this thread. You have your own google group and your own forums, continually rant about how this place sucks and yet you are still here, reading everything daily and baiting other members.

Funny, I sold A Guardians #1 Manara 1:50 off the shop wall that was $10 off at $25. Might have been me who sold that to you if it was Central Florida.

It couldn't have been at CoC shops down there. I don't think anything is on their wall for $25. They are very proud of their books.

lol

You are correct. The three or so devotees to CBSI that regularly post here are killing this thread. You have your own google group and your own forums, continually rant about how this place sucks and yet you are still here, reading everything daily and baiting other members.

You're right. I represent 2500 people that won't post here because of you and two other posters who berate anything CBSI while pushing this fake information agenda. Just remember that when someone posts something you guys disagree with they get labeled CBSI shills where you proceed to berate them off the CGC boards.

sorry, in plain english:

1.) people were trolling me because of an old unused website, which still had public access for some features including lists of current ebay items for sale.

2.) they tried to imply it was insecure, and I pointed out that it is not and hosted in a far more complicated way than anything they know how to use/do (an entire server made from scratch on the top cloud computing host in the world, a server that I have complete control over, and hosts more than just the hobby site) and that if they tried to hack it they would fail and be caught.

Gotcha (thumbs u

You're right. I represent 2500 people that won't post here because of you and two other posters who berate anything CBSI while pushing this fake information agenda. Just remember that when someone posts something you guys disagree with they get labeled CBSI shills where you proceed to berate them off the CGC boards.

No, I don't berate "anything CBSI" because most of what is posted there by individuals is on the up and up. But that place is also a regular source of bad information by a handful of individuals and the people who distribute that information do not welcome naysayers. When that information is then reposted here then I make sure to point out why it's garbage. Since you and your cronies are incapable of silencing me on this forum I will continue to do it here.