• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Saga #1 is getting out of hand right now.

Hmm, connected to Seven to Eternity heat?

Doubt it. Saga is pretty established and can easily stand on its own.

No doubt, just wondering why it's going up now.

It kills me that I had like 40 copies of that book I unloaded for $10-30 I couldn't wait to get rid of fast enough.

Remender's Uncanny X-Force is definitely a modern classic storyline.

Seen lots of good feedback on Fear Agent.

I'm surprised that uncanny x force run doesn't get more pub or value. Were print runs really high?

It was the cat's meow for quite awhile. Then it just started to lose ground. I had no issues selling 1-6 as singles for quite awhile. It was a good read, but the re-launch didn't have the same group and didn't catch on.

That series has everything going for it, covers art is great, writing too, Deadpool and a few of the early issues are kind of tough to find.

I'm surprised that uncanny x force run doesn't get more pub or value. Were print runs really high?

It was the cat's meow for quite awhile. Then it just started to lose ground. I had no issues selling 1-6 as singles for quite awhile. It was a good read, but the re-launch didn't have the same group and didn't catch on.

I had several people paying $6.00-20.00 CAD/issue for nice raw copies of issues under 20 at a recent con. Seems to be plenty of demand in my area.

It was the new 52 batman of marvel for a year or more, and it was the cause of new x-men 127/8 or whatever becoming valuable.

It reminded me of astonishing x-men around the time i got back in to collecting. All the early issues were tough to find in 9.8 quality, everybody was buying and holding, and no one was selling.

The multiple reboots of the x-force title were what seem to finally kill it off. It can still sell decently, but not like the height of its interest while it was still an ongoing.

Nice to see comic discussion has won out again, also (thumbs u

Edited by CBT

That series has everything going for it, covers art is great, writing too, Deadpool and a few of the early issues are kind of tough to find.

Issue 4 was a huge deal at the time! When Fantomex shoots Kid Apocalypse in the head, it was like the anti-Secret Wars II where nobody wanted to pull the trigger and kill Baby Beyonder

So, this mini battle, just all going to keep posting in an attempt destroy each other?

I would like to think that everyone is on here because they like comics. A common ground.

Came for the comics. Stayed for the pizza and beer discussions. lol

This place normally rocks. Holidays are stressful. They're almost over and we should be enjoying them instead of bickering. Fighting about stuff is too easy but not fun. Comics on the other hand are brilliant when done well and very enjoyable.

So what is heating up and who is this Larraz guy who did the Poe Dameron cover ? Why is it selling so high on ebay ?

Cover

It doesn't come up for sale often. I stumbled on it by accident but it does sell for a little bit.

ebay sales

Thanks for getting us back on track Authority :golfclap:

We need you to stay as mod here please

So, this mini battle, just all going to keep posting in an attempt destroy each other?

I would like to think that everyone is on here because they like comics. A common ground.

It won't once these guys realize their jealous personal conflict has no place in this thread or on these boards, and a reason to try and slander CBSI better be backed with PROOF that they don't have, especially Mr. Multiple Account RawKing here hiding behind yet another screen name. Called your bluff too.......Bring what you have cupcake, and it better be good

It's the people who are only out to make money off comics (and doing a lot worse at this since CBSI came around) here who are lashing out at a group of guys who do charity work to the sum of 18k and countless thousands of more in donations to charity. Yeah. And they all have day jobs.

It is absolutely hilarious watching you make a turd of yourself on here trying to bait me. Throwing completely baseless accusations around like I have multiple accounts and Raw King is one of them. Dont know the dude, but he's saying the same things I've said. Coincidental? Yup. That should tell you something though. Are we the same person? Nope, I assure you I have one account, I've hid nothing, I am intentionally TRANSPARENT as well as a NOBODY. Doesnt mean what I say, know, and can PROVE (unlike you) is irrelevant. Me and a few others are chuckling at your guessing game and internet sleuthing (which is horrible btw), as I'm not hiding anything or who I am. Its right there, has been there since my initial post on the Venom thread outing the PnD crew to the point of having to address it and reference it in multiple articles/podcasts. Pretty Damn skippy for a nobody eh? You apparently don't know how to use Google Search that well Sherlock.

Now because "they" raised 18k for different charities wipes everything else away? That's "the sin 6 days a week, go to Church Sunday to get clean, and start sinning again on Monday" belief. I applaud the random acts of kindness, just hope their isn't ulterior motives at work there. Just because they do some good here and there, doesn't make up dubious actions previously and currently by some of the top dogs.

Thats what I don't think you get though, it's a few individuals at the top that are problem, not everyone associated. I am friends with PnD site members but just because they are members doesn't mean they actively participate in nefarious schemes. Those who do, know who they are and send people like you to fight for them.

So carry on with derailing this thread and fighting the good fight for King Pump and Chumps. Your naivety is a blessing for them, and you've been knighted for your pittance and unwavering support I see. Although if your spec game is anything like your internet sleuthing, you need to rethink your hobby.

Had a look around at the local shop at some of the Transformers variants.

They definitely don't order 50 copies of the books anymore.

Did find some of the latter issues from other runs sandwiched between 2 boxes though, like they were trash.

Oh but those are the BEST KIND OF FINDS!

The one that have ended up in the GREAT VOID KNOW AS THE NETHERVERSE THAT WAITS IN BETWEEN THE BOXES and not corrected or updated in light years.

This thread is going to the dawgs . . . in before the lock. It hasn't been on topic for 50 pages of squabble. :P All of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for contributing. (tsk)

debating if something is genuinely heating up is on topic

people screaming "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in response to questions being asked about claims of heat......NOT on topic.

Though at least that Wizard list was based on sales, and not just "opinion" or their own books

? Now THAT is funny.

For those curious about the actual history of things, and not just what people want to believe are real, the Wizard list was very much like what you see today. All based upon someone trying to make money off of comics, the truth be damned.

In fact, thanks to early Image's horribly late printing schedule, there were times a book would appear in Wizards Top Ten hottest comics, when in actuality that book hadn't even been released yet.

Publisher's PAID them to have their books promoted. It was probably the most gratuitous example of taking advantage of consumers' greed and stupidity to feed a publishers greed that I've seen in the history of comics.

And it led to the market shrinking down to it's worst numbers ever.

To think for even one moment, that Wizard Magazine's intentions were pure or honorable, is completely blind. They saw an opportunity to take advantage of the marketplace and they did so with cunning and precision, and unfortunately with a carless regard for how it would impact the industry and the hobby.

This is why people see flippers as bad for the hobby. It undermines the essence of what comics should be about - the writing and the art, and instead turns it into a product, a commodity; something to be bought low and sold high for the sake of money.

Though at least that Wizard list was based on sales, and not just "opinion" or their own books

? Now THAT is funny.

For those curious about the actual history of things, and not just what people want to believe are real, the Wizard list was very much like what you see today. All based upon someone trying to make money off of comics, the truth be damned.

In fact, thanks to early Image's horribly late printing schedule, there were times a book would appear in Wizards Top Ten hottest comics, when in actuality that book hadn't even been released yet.

Publisher's PAID them to have their books promoted. It was probably the most gratuitous example of taking advantage of consumers' greed and stupidity to feed a publishers greed that I've seen in the history of comics.

To think for even one moment, that Wizard Magazine's intentions were pure or honorable, is completely blind. They saw an opportunity to take advantage of the marketplace and they did so with cunning and precision, and unfortunately with a carless regard for how it would impact the industry and the hobby.

This is why people see flippers as bad for the hobby. It undermines the essence of what comics should be about - the writing and the art, and instead turns it into a product, a commodity; something to be bought low and sold high for the sake of money.

Exactly :golfclap:

? Now THAT is funny.

I remember when Valiant prices exploded virtually overnight back then and the Wizard price guide / hot list was showing "values" of these books (which most people had never heard of) "going for" more than some Silver Age keys. Every other paid ad in Wizard was from valiant or Image. Didn't take a genius to add 2+2

? Now THAT is funny.

I remember when Valiant prices exploded virtually overnight back then and the Wizard price guide / hot list was showing "values" of these books (which most people had never heard of) "going for" more than some Silver Age keys. Every other paid ad in Wizard was from valiant or Image. Didn't take a genius to add 2+2

On the other hand, the overstreet magazine would publish market reports acknowledged that the valiant books were selling for that much, many of the dealers thought it made no sense.

Anecdotally, my friend who owned a shop told me he would get tons of calls asking for the valiant books. He ultimately got the sense that these might have been people Pais by valiant to pump up interest in the books. I wonder if other shop owners had a similar experience.