• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, BigNoidtheDroid said:

Go to Tom Taylor's Twitter. It's confirmed Daken is returning. lol solicits, I'll take the writer of All-New Wolverines word for it that he will be returning...maybe not in next 2 to 3 months, but at some point in the series. Anayways  I was just pointing out that the book was hitting some ridiculous prices....for a character who is mostly disliked.   I can't see that solely Tom Taylor confirming he is coming back as the reason for the heat (this just happened within last 2 days), and other than the rampant spec that "x-24" is Daken, I have yet to see anyone of importance confirm X-24 is Daken in Logan. Now there are some possible specs in the mutant kids in Logan but until we actually see it and can confirm on wide scale other than screening leak speculation I wouldn't hold my breath. It is interesting that one of them can make the Earth move ala Quake tho. 

As for the other dude that dropped all the X-Titles being confirmed, some are speculated as def happening but not straight up confirmed, Yes.  We can't take Blink being cast as a def for Exiles-she was also Generation X first and foremost....Now this is my speculation but that X-Men TV show description sounds like a twist and play of Gen X.. Mr Sinister has been confirmed for a future X-Men related movie though by Kinberg. Who needs links when you can Google? Laziness lol sheesh. What Culture, Movie Pilot, and Comicbookmovie.com are the 1st 3 to pop up all confirming Sinister will be in a future X-Men movie from Simon Kinberg. All this stuff can be fact checked doing simple searches...

I did simple searches and came up with NOTHING CONFIRMED for the two that I asked about (Exiles and Alpha Flight), which is why i asked for links. People are throwing words like "confirmed" around pretty loosely here.

17 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

My point on this topic is, if you are holding a quantity of a perceived 'hot' book, the smart play is to stay stealth. It is beneficial to propagate the perception that the book is scarce. Seeing rows of the book spread out destroys the image. To this day I have never bought a copy of the SA book Iron Man and Sub Mariner after seeing pictures of Cal's hoard. For me, it destroyed the perception. The pictures made me feel the book was abundant, not rare, and thus not valuable or worth owning. Collectors like to feel they own something rare. 

I remember seeing that hoard lol. I have the same issue when I see that book in any grade. I love it when some advertises it as rare or hard to find.

42 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I did simple searches and came up with NOTHING CONFIRMED for the two that I asked about (Exiles and Alpha Flight), which is why i asked for links. People are throwing words like "confirmed" around pretty loosely here.

I used the term optioned feel free to go back and look. Its enough for me to buy them in the $1 boxes easily.

23 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Daken is returning to comics. Look it up.

With all the recent confirmation of X-Men properties and characters a good speculator would picking up everything X-Men related right now.  Just in the last week Mr. Sinister confirmed, Alpha Flight confirmed, Exiles confirmed, Blink confirmed & Dark Phoenix confirmed.  That's not even from what we already know like New Mutants, Gambit, Deadpool 2 (Cable & Domino), X-Men and X-Force. With Legion and the X-Men tv show confirming more X-Men characters to be added.  Hell, I just waiting for Fox now to announce X-Factor and Excalibur soon. lol

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I used the term optioned feel free to go back and look. Its enough for me to buy them in the $1 boxes easily.

You certainly did, @fastballspecial. @Juggernaut, however, used the word "confirmed" numerous times.

There are people on the boards who have said "confirmed" for a movie or tv show with even less evidence.  Its funny because if this was Kevin Keige this would not be an issue. Head of Fox X-Men films is telling you what they have planned in the future and that's not confirmation but Kevin Feige does the exact same thing and no one flinches. The same situation happened 3 years ago when Fox mentioned Gambit, New Mutants and X-Force movies planned in the future and same people who are now questioning me said 'confirmed". 

42 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

There are people on the boards who have said "confirmed" for a movie or tv show with even less evidence.  Its funny because if this was Kevin Keige this would not be an issue. Head of Fox X-Men films is telling you what they have planned in the future and that's not confirmation but Kevin Feige does the exact same thing and no one flinches. The same situation happened 3 years ago when Fox mentioned Gambit, New Mutants and X-Force movies planned in the future and same people who are now questioning me said 'confirmed". 

I've got no skin in this argument, but many don't use the word 'confirmed' until a project had gone green. I don't do it until shooting starts, but then I don't play this speculation game where, if I did, that'd be way too late for me to make any cash. So, clearly, there's a spectrum for 'confirmed' - maybe that's what you're all really arguing about?

1 hour ago, Juggernaut said:

One of those people has credibility of everything he's said is happening has happened. The other says we're working on these projects & years later, there's been virtually zero movement on those projects. Feige has yet to promise a movie & not deliver. Fox has had how many X-movies that they've talked about being forthcoming or in development or whatever and nothing has happened thus far? X-Force. New Mutants. Gambit (since the 1st Wolverine movie). Magneto Origins solo movie (most of the ideas floated for it got co-opted into First Class)

Basically, there's no "stuck in development hell" after an announcement of it being worked on with Marvel Studios under Feige. There IS the traditional hollywood development hell at FOX. So confirmation from one guy means "it's happening" and confirmation from the other guy means "well, we're working on it & something that sorta looks like it but will probably end up totally different might eventually make it to the big screen in the next decade"

Edited by Doktor

6 hours ago, Doktor said:

One of those people has credibility of everything he's said is happening has happened. The other says we're working on these projects & years later, there's been virtually zero movement on those projects. Feige has yet to promise a movie & not deliver. Fox has had how many X-movies that they've talked about being forthcoming or in development or whatever and nothing has happened thus far? X-Force. New Mutants. Gambit (since the 1st Wolverine movie). Magneto Origins solo movie (most of the ideas floated for it got co-opted into First Class)

Basically, there's no "stuck in development hell" after an announcement of it being worked on with Marvel Studios under Feige. There IS the traditional hollywood development hell at FOX. So confirmation from one guy means "it's happening" and confirmation from the other guy means "well, we're working on it & something that sorta looks like it but will probably end up totally different might eventually make it to the big screen in the next decade"

Does inhumans count?

3 hours ago, rjrjr said:

Does inhumans count?

Maybe? We'll see? I think that one is still up in the air enough because it's technically still happening as a movie sometime around 2020-ish AND as a tv show now? Until the movie gets announced as actually cancelled (instead of just the release date removed during a shuffling back of all the other movies once the Spider-Man rights thing changed the plan) or until we get into 2019 or 2020 or whenever it was scheduled for and we don't see any casting or filming announcements or whatever, I think this is a "wait and see" thing. But as it stands... I don't think we can definitively say "yeah" yet.

But devil's advocate here? Even if it does end up in the "scrapped after being announced" category, that'll end up as something like 25 straight movies to go from development to announcement to release with only Ant-Man so much as seeing a delay (other than the spider-Man rights thing bumping everything back 6 months) before even the first movie got scrapped. That's pretty unprecedented in modern Hollywood, don't you think?

48 minutes ago, Doktor said:

Maybe? We'll see? I think that one is still up in the air enough because it's technically still happening as a movie sometime around 2020-ish AND as a tv show now? Until the movie gets announced as actually cancelled (instead of just the release date removed during a shuffling back of all the other movies once the Spider-Man rights thing changed the plan) or until we get into 2019 or 2020 or whenever it was scheduled for and we don't see any casting or filming announcements or whatever, I think this is a "wait and see" thing. But as it stands... I don't think we can definitively say "yeah" yet.

But devil's advocate here? Even if it does end up in the "scrapped after being announced" category, that'll end up as something like 25 straight movies to go from development to announcement to release with only Ant-Man so much as seeing a delay (other than the spider-Man rights thing bumping everything back 6 months) before even the first movie got scrapped. That's pretty unprecedented in modern Hollywood, don't you think?

Wait, inhumans IS happening.  It's just been turned into a show now I thought with the two hour pilot being released as a movie in advance of its premiere.  It's being called "The Royals" now or something like that and is coming our later this year. Right? 

-J.

49 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Wait, inhumans IS happening.  It's just been turned into a show now I thought with the two hour pilot being released as a movie in advance of its premiere.  It's being called "The Royals" now or something like that and is coming our later this year. Right? 

-J.

As it stands currently, they're doing the 8-episode series with the IMAX release of the 2-hour pilot. Feige has already said that that does NOT mean that the Inhumans movie has been cancelled. Simply that they're doing the TV show NOW. They just don't have a set date for the film, so they've removed it from the slate for the time being. I think they're essentially changing their plan for Phase 4/5 (depends if you consider Phase 3 to end with Infinity War or Avengers 4) in the hopes of getting the FF rights back or something, but also leaving the door open to their original plan as well.

1 hour ago, Doktor said:

As it stands currently, they're doing the 8-episode series with the IMAX release of the 2-hour pilot. Feige has already said that that does NOT mean that the Inhumans movie has been cancelled. Simply that they're doing the TV show NOW. They just don't have a set date for the film, so they've removed it from the slate for the time being. I think they're essentially changing their plan for Phase 4/5 (depends if you consider Phase 3 to end with Infinity War or Avengers 4) in the hopes of getting the FF rights back or something, but also leaving the door open to their original plan as well.

This was my understanding as well.

If anything this makes it look like Marvel is doubling down on the Inhumans, and have accepted that they will probably never be able to make an X-Men or related movie/Tv show at this point.  

-J.

9 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

MCS ripping people off?  Say it isn't so!  You would never be able to tell from their self-published reviews!

MCS isn't doing anything. These are consignments through them. Much like you would not accuse eBay of ripping you off from someone posting a high priced item.