• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Carnage insanity is starting bleed out into minis and subsets now I think based off sales. 

Carnage 2011 3# 2nd Print - License to print money.
Batman 655 Variant looks like its still rising
Ultimate Fallout 4 - Look for this book to starting climbing again on speculation(That and I love to watch some boardies moan over this book.)
Web of Spider-man 119/120 -Looks like it is starting to climb now. 

Newsstand issues in general in high grade are starting to see good appreciation with early Spawn issues even selling well now beside 1#
I used to think it was just Image titles, but I am starting to see it in key books now and even non keys. ASM 360 and 361 are the latest examples.

Normally your picks are pretty solid.  

But are you just trying to will this into being true? 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

You're acting like this is the first time a cartoon has been popular. Can you name one other cartoon in the past 25 years that has had staying power and it's translated to comics? Simpsons is the only one that I can think of that has maintained popularity, but the comic ain't worth squat. I would rather have a Futurama #1.

Is it cheating to point out Batman Adventures?

29 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is it cheating to point out Batman Adventures?

Batman Adventures #1 only sells because of #12.

Another weird one because I don't think there are many that will say the cartoon wasn't  awesome. Especially for it's time.

Edited by ygogolak

15 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

As a result of these boards, 90s Image books are selling.

That part I'm inclined to agree with.  I also think it's a passing fancy as now, predictably, the market is starting to flood and "oops!" they're not that hard to track down after all either. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

That part I'm inclined to agree with.  I also think it's a passing fancy as now, predictably, the market is starting to flood and "oops!" they're not that hard to track down after all either. 

-J.

Ever tried to find a Spawn 1 newsstand? Not easy for how many there are out there. In 10 years I've found 1.

11 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Normally your picks are pretty solid.  

But are you just trying to will this into being true? 

-J.

I just look at data and see a trend. Check asm 360 361 newsstand  and image titles in high grade.  The data doesnt lie. I have no agenda to push other then to make Mike Morales jokes with u.

Edited by fastballspecial

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Ever tried to find a Spawn 1 newsstand? Not easy for how many there are out there. In 10 years I've found 1.

I have found a few, but most have some sort of damage due to the dark cover. They sell for a nice premium even in mid grade.

18 hours ago, darkstar said:

This is meaningless anecdotal evidence. And if the show's rabid fanbase was responsible for driving the sales of issue 1 you would see that interest bleed into other issues. I very much doubt someone who typically doesn't read or collect comics is going to pay a premium for variant cover of a non-comic property in which they have an interest. We really need to move beyond this idea that cosplayers are responsible for paying anything more than a few dollars for a comic book. 

I can see the fan base pushing it to $20-$40.  $130, I dunno.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I just look at data and see a trend. Check asm 360 361 newsstand  and image titles in high grade.  The data doesnt lie. I have no agenda to push other then to make Mike Morales jokes with u.

I've been looking at it the last week  (and intermittently before that) and continue to see no real or consistent differences in realized prices.   

What I do see is dozens and dozens of active listings for both and the market flooded with this very, very common in high grade and otherwise book.  

-J.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

OK so Preacher is on the rebound again. After flirting with being a 400.00 book #1 9.8 is climbing up again. Latest sales as high as 625.00

Theres also been a lot of movement on the series in general, not just #1

One just sold yesterday for $575 so the 9.8s are definitely on the rise but I don't see a lot of sales since the show came back on Sunday.  See quite a few people buying the TPB set for fairly cheap but the number of books sold is not staggering.

17 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Carnage insanity is starting bleed out into minis and subsets now I think based off sales. 

Carnage 2011 3# 2nd Print - License to print money.
Batman 655 Variant looks like its still rising
Ultimate Fallout 4 - Look for this book to starting climbing again on speculation(That and I love to watch some boardies moan over this book.)
Web of Spider-man 119/120 -Looks like it is starting to climb now. 

Newsstand issues in general in high grade are starting to see good appreciation with early Spawn issues even selling well now beside 1#
I used to think it was just Image titles, but I am starting to see it in key books now and even non keys. ASM 360 and 361 are the latest examples.

USM 60-64 is also popping.

Sold mine just a shade early. Oh well.

Edited by jcjames

6 minutes ago, jcjames said:

USM 60-64 is also popping.

Sold mine just a shade early. Oh well.

sold mine early too! whoops

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I've only found two and they were at the same time as I walked by a dealer and he flopped them on his books and said "Want these for $2 each?" Otherwise, I never would have looked at his drek as it's unorganized and worse yet, unpriced!

--------------

I guess I can't cry about bulking these out here for $10 a pop after they go over $30 a pop when I got them out of a 25 cent box.

19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

There are a bunch of people actively spreading major B.S. about newsstand editions and their rarity and far too many suckers are believing them.

ASM 361, specifically? Anybody paying a newsstand premium on that issue is insane. Any premium for that issue should go to copies without production flaws .

18 minutes ago, the blob said:

I see sets of 60-64 for BINs barely above cover price, am I missing something?

Last two sets sold for $20 before that half as much 

Edited by jcjames