• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, comixry said:

Not sure about anniversaries per se, but usually the nostalgic zone for collectors hits around the 25/30th anniversaries of most collectibles whether it be toys, video games, cards, comics, etc.

I'm still waiting and hoping for the live-action flicks for Robotech, Thundercats, Voltron and Akira!

There's the rule of 25 but I wouldn't expect anything for a rule of 60...

43 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Have anniversaries like this led to value increases historically? I remember all the cover references to different anniversaries but don't recall them leading to any dramatic changes in price...I'd like it if it did, though!

It seems so to some degree with the newer age of collectors/sellers. At least it seems to get mentioned more than I remember it getting attention even five to 10 years ago.

8 hours ago, comixry said:

I can't wait for Wildcats Covert Action Teams #1 to explode. Next year would be its 30th anniversary. Let's put our GME stock gains into 90's comics! I say this sarcastically (but who knows these days). :ohnoez:

Prior to Venom LP suddenly catching fire with the movie, etc., I sold off several long boxes of 90's comics - some of those issues to my regret. Fortunately, being a comic hoarder to some degree I didn't part with everything. Once other 90's ish comics started taking off randomly, I decided to keep the remaining long boxes with titles along the lines that you just mentioned. Waiting for the comeback especially with shows and movies tapping into the 90's comic stories.

Still kicking myself for grading and selling a nice Voltron 1 a few years ago. Should have kept that one.:pullhair:

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It didn't have 100k though. It had "over 100k". Another Bleeding Stool screwup.

Not that much more even with 73 variant covers, at least according to folks here

21 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Guess it might be time to consider opening this bad boy up...if anyone has or remembers these Pedigree collections.

20210213_171931.jpg

20210213_171943.jpg

Might be time to crack that open and send it in to CGC. That Mycomicshop CGC 9.8 is too rich for my blood now. I'll have to look for my raw copy if I still have it. Probably not in the best condition though.

Wait...are people ACTUALLY buying X-Men 1??? I specifically filled up my comic rack with X-Men 1's I bought for 25-50 cents because I always thought "If there's one book that will never sell for more than a buck, it's X-Men 1."

If Dakota North 1 finally catches on, I'm setting everything on fire and checking into the loony bin.

IMG_3059.JPG

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Wait...are people ACTUALLY buying X-Men 1??? I specifically filled up my comic rack with X-Men 1's I bought for 25-50 cents because I always thought "If there's one book that will never sell for more than a buck, it's X-Men 1."

If Dakota North 1 finally catches on, I'm setting everything on fire and checking into the loony bin.

IMG_3059.JPG

X-men 1 and X-force 1s in Newsstand are really hard to find in high grade. They shouldnt be really, but they are. I found 3 today
and first time I have found any in decent condition in awhile.

14 hours ago, comixry said:

I can't wait for Wildcats Covert Action Teams #1 to explode. Next year would be its 30th anniversary. Let's put our GME stock gains into 90's comics! I say this sarcastically (but who knows these days). :ohnoez:

Loading up on  Wildcats Newsstands

13 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

All-in on Valiant.

Loading up on Harbinger 1s

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

X-men 1 and X-force 1s in Newsstand are really hard to find in high grade. They shouldnt be really, but they are. I found 3 today
and first time I have found any in decent condition in awhile.

Did the xforce newsstand have a Deadpool card?

8C75FEAB-60EC-4E6E-8813-DC39AB1EBDD7.thumb.jpeg.15bff57e14dcde8a98a3ceeedeadc1e2.jpeg