• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,786 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wasn’t aware cover C also has it

i have about 40 copies of the gatefold somewhere 

Guess it might be time to consider opening this bad boy up...if anyone has or remembers these Pedigree collections.

20210213_171931.jpg

20210213_171943.jpg

Sold an X-Force 1 with Deadpool card for $35 shipped hours after listing it today. Maybe I left a little on the table, but I'll take the money and run! 

The sick part is that I had it up for months in an X-Force mini-lot and no one wanted it for $2 per so I de-listed it last month. Good timing!

On 2/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, the blob said:

This beat up copy of this X-Men 14 variant sold for around $150. Is this hot for this book? I see no listings other than another raw in that $ range and two sales. I have a not beat up copy (though I don't think it could be a 9.8), wondering whether it should be slabbed, but I can't tell what the market for a slab is on the book:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-14-Greg-Horn-I-Am-Captain-America-variant-/284048767188?hash=item4222a038d4%3Ag%3AmzMAAOSwgexfiztp&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Picked this up today for $4

97E50B9D-0BF3-4165-983D-25C0D5524B34.thumb.jpeg.ed3d0ecfd1b845eafc27154c073ab8f2.jpeg

Damn 2,800 pages of moderns heating up!

12 hours ago, the blob said:

When is a pin up an appearance? Eternals images were in the announcements pages in marvels months before Eternals 1. I'm sure there are many others.

It's not, but it can have value. The New Mutants Annual with the potential future team pinup that depicts Shatterstar before he's in a story has some value. The pinup of Harley Quinn in a first in-continuity book has some value. Covers are essentially pinups and we know what Ms Marvel on Captain Marvel 17 2nd print did to the value of that.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:33 AM, comixry said:

Yes, the pinup with Omega Red is in cover C (Cyclops/Wolvie) and also in the deluxe gatefold cover version. Not sure why but a CGC 9.8 regular cover C goes for a tiny bit more than a CGC 9.8 deluxe gatefold version which has all the pinups. There's a cover C now on Mycomicshop's auction that's hitting $100. With the recent X-Force #1/Deadpool card craze, are the 90's coming back!?!

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=52766007

I imagine there are 2 reasons:

1. Less copies of the C version (although all covers were printed in insane amounts). More importantly:

2. The covers were released one per week, with the gatefold version last, the week before #2 was released. So even if it's the same pinup, the C cover shipped first, so arguably would be the true first depiction.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

This is bad. Usually I am all for stuff selling, but for the last __ years there has some borderline rationality. Stuff popped particularly when there wasn't a ton of them. Most 90s glut books had an upper limit. The hobby has made rarity important. Variants, 9.8s, low print run. And there is a rationality to that. This turns all that upside down.

There was several pages on this thread dedicated to High Republic 1 and ASM 55 talk about rarity...