• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

people are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. these were everywhere for $4-10 a couple of weeks ago. i corrected people when they said it was worthless bird cage liner, it isn't, but seriously, what's going on is insane. nobody is paying $200, but still. this book/card combo probably had a 400,000 print run (I assume 400,000 each for the other cards). I have always bought them when I see them, now i have to find mine.

Unreal! I think I included a sealed #1 with Deadpool card as a freebie to someone from a recent thread I had done, and I actually thought twice about it because I thought someone might be offended to receive it as too measly a freebie! doh! hoo boy!

3 hours ago, CDaBruce said:

It's happening!  It's happening!   X-Force #1 poly-bags with the Deadpool card are taking off.

The Impel Marvel Cards from the early 1990's are exploding in value.  Sealed boxes and highly graded cards from the 1990 set are going for $1000+.  

The X-Force #1 Deadpool card is considered his "rookie".  Search your old long boxes.  There is minor treasure in them their boxes.  You might even see if you have any perfectly centered cards from the 1990 Series 1 and 1991 Series 2 cards.  They are definitely worth more than all of those worthless sports card from that era.  1990 Donruss anyone?  :p

This is just so ridiculous...a Deadpool "Rookie" card...so strange.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

I think the card is going for like $75 at the moment. Last I checked at least. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/182982/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=deadpool+card&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/183050/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=deadpool+card&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Edited by carter3175

4 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

It's all about low population Gem Mint 10's. Last month a Hulk Hogan wrestling card sold for $18k. Last weekend a Rock Miami Hurricanes football card sold for $45k. Magic Black Lotus brought $500k. Charizard sold for $350k+. Etc

and the feeling is that if the card if still in the x-force bag it will be gem mint?

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

and the feeling is that if the card if still in the x-force bag it will be gem mint?

Unlike sealed card packs, the Deadpool cards are visible from the bag.  So you could probably go through a stack of polybagged ones rather quickly and get a sense of which ones are good candidates. There's a lot that are off-centered or have rough edges when they were cut from the card sheets. Also, you gotta consider that PSA is backlogged as of now and who knows if prices will hold by the time you get the cards back.

10 minutes ago, comixry said:

Unlike sealed card packs, the Deadpool cards are visible from the bag.  So you could probably go through a stack of polybagged ones rather quickly and get a sense of which ones are good candidates. There's a lot that are off-centered or have rough edges when they were cut from the card sheets. Also, you gotta consider that PSA is backlogged as of now and who knows if prices will hold by the time you get the cards back.

Agreed. There will be a flood of them REALLY soon. 

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I can see X-Men 1 being a $30 comic when buyers realize it’s Omega Red’s first appearance 

Yes, the pinup with Omega Red is in cover C (Cyclops/Wolvie) and also in the deluxe gatefold cover version. Not sure why but a CGC 9.8 regular cover C goes for a tiny bit more than a CGC 9.8 deluxe gatefold version which has all the pinups. There's a cover C now on Mycomicshop's auction that's hitting $100. With the recent X-Force #1/Deadpool card craze, are the 90's coming back!?!

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=52766007