• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, the blob said:

so the company was looking to have a glut of unsold books? no better way to destroy interest in a series by showing people hundreds of unsold copies on the rack

It's the reverse, the sale numbers are a great way to showcase interest to movie investors. And they got what they wanted, now the movie has been greenlit. It was a rather smart stunt on their part.  And like the old guard and a ton of other projects, most people watching wont have a clue that it even was a comic.

Plus comics make great proof of concepts to producers so it's a proof of concepts that paid itself. 

Edited by William-James88

6 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

A shop orders 1000 of BRZRKR 1 in order to get all the ratio variants, which they've presold. The regular cover book is - quite literally - worthless AND irrelevant. Shop orders 1,000 copies and gets their usual 50% discount, so they're out $2500. They get:

100 1/10 Red Blank Sketch, which sells for $4-5.
40 1/25 Bermejo, which sells for $8-10
40 1/25 Grampa, which sells for $9-12
20 1/50 Grampa, which sells for $12-20
20 1/50 Brooks, which sells for $12-20
10 1/100 Bermejo, which sells for $25-50
10 1/100 Grampa, which sells for $25-50
5 1/200 Mora, which sells for $50-75
2 1/500 Brooks, which sells for $150
1 1/1000 Keanu signed, which sells for $1500-$2500

Those are all raw prices - slabs are significantly higher. It is 100% free money for the store.

I thought I'd take a minute of fun and figure out the sum of all these things with average prices from your estimates. Using numbers like $10.50 for a 1/25 Grampa (average of 9 and 12) and adding everything up, the variant value is $5232.50 not to mention the 1000 regular/worthless BRZRKR 1's. It sounds like a good deal as long as space is not a premium. 

1 minute ago, PeterPark said:

I thought I'd take a minute of fun and figure out the sum of all these things with average prices from your estimates. Using numbers like $10.50 for a 1/25 Grampa (average of 9 and 12) and adding everything up, the variant value is $5232.50 not to mention the 1000 regular/worthless BRZRKR 1's. It sounds like a good deal as long as space is not a premium. 

The classic example of this was the Dark Knight III 1:5000 Jim Lee sketch variant. To get it you had to order 5000 copies of DKIII 1. Figure $2.75 each, so a $13,750 hit. Then you got

500 1:10 ratios
200 1:25 ratios
100 1:50 ratios
50 1:100 ratios
10 1:500 ratios
and the Jim Lee original art sketch 1:5000. 

Free money.

2 hours ago, williamblood said:

because of the 1:1000 signed by keanu. plus it was returnable. so lot of store presold the 1:1000 for cost giving them 1000 free copies they could sell and than return what they cant

When Valiant made Unity #1 returnable, after shipping they offered a special variant if books were not returned. That seems like a good idea here as well, especially if stores already made their money by selling all of the incentive variants. You could give the book away to your customers and still do well (or drop them all in dollar boxes)

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

The classic example of this was the Dark Knight III 1:5000 Jim Lee sketch variant. To get it you had to order 5000 copies of DKIII 1. Figure $2.75 each, so a $13,750 hit. Then you got

500 1:10 ratios
200 1:25 ratios
100 1:50 ratios
50 1:100 ratios
10 1:500 ratios
and the Jim Lee original art sketch 1:5000. 

Free money.

No wonder that book was given away for free (that's how I got my copy)

Good thing you posted about T. Ghost 1 .

I had that in my junk books to sell for dirt cheap.  

Good opportunity to sell now (entire set). 

Love Remender, kept wanting to love this, but it was seriously so-so. 

Patrick 

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Good thing you posted about T. Ghost 1 .

I had that in my junk books to sell for dirt cheap.  

Good opportunity to sell now (entire set). 

Love Remender, kept wanting to love this, but it was seriously so-so. 

Patrick 

Yeah, I liked the first 2-3 issues, but I struggled trying to finish the series. I sold my set years ago, but I know I have a few #1's in a box somewhere.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:07 AM, bellrules said:

Why is everyone chasing Captain America 25 as the first Sam Wilson Captain America? Clearly, it’s not. 

EDF2C066-32DD-4186-9EF6-5770FA83C94C.jpeg

021AFEE2-C39F-4DB6-AFD1-8EF31B707742.jpeg

It's a freaakin' comic book fergawdsakes . . . you guys need to lighten up on the deep analysis! I happen to like both CASOL 8 and 9 Both! 

39 minutes ago, divad said:

It's a freaakin' comic book fergawdsakes . . . you guys need to lighten up on the deep analysis! I happen to like both CASOL 8 and 9 Both! 

TBH I was just having some fun with Sentinel #8 but some people obviously have a hidden stack of Cap #25s :eyeroll: :bigsmile:

7 hours ago, TheSpud said:

TBH I was just having some fun with Sentinel #8 but some people obviously have a hidden stack of Cap #25s :eyeroll: :bigsmile:

Yes i agree you probably have a Fat stack of CASOL #8 and #9. Since you are pushing a comic you didnt read.

Anyways 

Hot Valley Days and Cocaine Nights is still selling well.

fleabay

New Harley Quinn #1 the 1 Per Store Variant is selling well

fleabay

34 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Yes i agree you probably have a Fat stack of CASOL #8 and #9. Since you are pushing a comic you didnt read.

Anyways 

Yeah.... Nope. Got 1 copy of 8. Hardly worth the bother pushing it

Re: Gargoyles, NECA announced on Twitter last night a new line of action figures, and posted pics of the Goliath. I know nothing about the property (never saw the cartoon or read the comics) but they definitely have an enduring fanbase.

That will only help. The best selling set I have ever had is Gargoyles. Its also
one of the harder sets I have had to make, but it routinely sells for over $200 and
I think I have sold at least 3 sets in the past couple of years. 

Battle Chasers sells well for me as a set as well, but is easier to find. 

Call of Duty Zombies is really hard to find as a set and while sells for me doesnt
sell as fast as Gargoyles, but pulls close the same money.

I hoping Maximum Carnage sets get hot again. Last year I was selling sets like hotcakes.

Edited by fastballspecial