• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Batman 4 is blazing hot, selling regulary in the $20 with some selling for more ,

LIKE THIS ONE :o

New 52 Batman is Red Hot right now. Check out this auction for #7-12, which should still be available at your LCS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-Annual-1-1st-print-lot-SNYDER-new-52-Capullo-2-xtra-/400332752551?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5d35b106a7

How about comic sets that are heating up? Apparently this time of year people are selling complete sets of comics and those seem to be trending higher than individual issues. Here are some examples:

• Justice League #0-14 @ $32

It's really strange but there you have it. More Examples Here.

That's a loss of $13 on cover price

That's true. I didn't think that though apparently but in a world were books that sold a few months ago for cover price now sell for less than $1 I still feel like this is a win. (thumbs u

Looks like Nowhere Men is heating up for Image now too. I have enjoyed the first two issues so far and see a lot of possibilities for the title. #1 is now starting to sell for as high as $9.99 and the second issue was just released this week. Given the print run, it could run up fast:

Comichron November 2012 sales figures

172 Nowhere Men 1 $2.99 Image 11,815

It is kind of neat to see how fast Saga has run up in sales numbers. At its current levels it blows away a long list of Marvel and DC mainstays. I guess this just goes to show that quality sells........

Looks like Nowhere Men is heating up for Image now too. I have enjoyed the first two issues so far and see a lot of possibilities for the title. #1 is now starting to sell for as high as $9.99 and the second issue was just released this week. Given the print run, it could run up fast:

Comichron November 2012 sales figures

172 Nowhere Men 1 $2.99 Image 11,815

It is kind of neat to see how fast Saga has run up in sales numbers. At its current levels it blows away a long list of Marvel and DC mainstays. I guess this just goes to show that quality sells........

Was nowhere men always advertised as an ongoing series or was it originally 1 of 4 or something that they just recently changed to ongoing?

i believe Nowhere Men was always going to be an ongoing series.

i will admit that wherever i read the (sneek peek at the back of another image title, cant recall which) i was very unimpressed. In fact, i remember thinking to myself,

what a horrible pun on The Beatles, from the title of the book to the way one of the characters looked like John Lennon.

i was wrong. after word of mouth was good, i picked up #1 and enjoyed it. But i have to be honest, i cant see how Yoko isnt suing them. The character that looks like Lennon has his birthday listed as 10/9 (Lennons Birthday) and his parents names are Alfred & Julia (same name as Lennons Parents)

still have to read #2, but i think i'll like it as i liked #1

Here we go. Some new/old issues worth noticing...

Guardian of the Galaxy #1 (2008) - $35+

Scarlet Spider-Man #2 - $15+

Batman #4 - $15+

Chew #8 (1st Poyo) - $13+

Harley Quinn #1 - $11+

Oh, and a Mouse Guard #1 the with Aspen comic printing on the back is reaching $45+. Is this a mistake?

Lyria Comics link.

I am pretty positive that Nowhere Men was originally slated as a mini.

Back in August when I was planning my next plan of attack, I visited the image os, and there were a plethora of minis slated for release in the near future- Happy, Comeback, Points of Impact, Clone, Great Pacific, Mara and Nowhere Men.

For this reason I stupidly passed on Nowhere Men, until today that is.....

Batman #4 - $15+

Harley Quinn #1 - $11+

Oh, and a Mouse Guard #1 the with Aspen comic printing on the back is reaching $45+. Is this a mistake?

Lyria Comics link.

Anyone know why Scarlet Spider-man is so hot? I was picking up this series until issue 5 and don't have a clue.

Batman #4 - $15+

Harley Quinn #1 - $11+

Lyria Comics link.

Anyone know why Scarlet Spider-man is so hot? I was picking up this series until issue 5 and don't have a clue.

Chew 8 and Harley Quinn 1 have gone for more than those figures in recent memory. I feel like I sold a Chew 8 on these boards for $20 within the last few months, but it might have been ebay.