• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 is selling really well, it's a $10-$20 right now

I knew there was talk of this being under-ordered. I haven't read it yet, but from what I've heard the solicitation was a bit misleading. I guess it's not a "looking back" issue, but instead is a continuation of the events that took place in 700 and a set up for Superior #1.

Feel free to weigh in. I have to wait for the postman before I can read my copy, so I could be wrong.

In my opinion:

ASM 698 - imo not the 1st appearance of Superior Spider-Man.

Daredevil 21 - cameo appearance of Superior Spider-Man.

ASM 700 - cameo appearance of Superior Spider-Man and

"death" of Peter

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 - 1st full appearance of Superior Spider-Man in new costume.

So the book to get is definitely the Avenging. And maybe 700.

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 - 1st full appearance of Superior Spider-Man in new costume.

If Daredevil came out before 700 why would you suggest that book over DD 21?

In Daredevil we only get to see Superior Spidey in the shadows and it is never actually said that he is indeed the Superior one (Obviously it is him, but still)

In ASM 700

Doc Ock "becomes" the Superior Spider-Man in the last panels and proclaims so.

Thus for me this moment from ASM 700 is more like the 1st app then Spidey from DD21 lurking in the shadows.

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

I'd suggest none of them. This is a story, no different from FF 587 or Cap 25. It'll all be over soon enough.

If you do speculate, flip quickly.

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

I'd suggest none of them. This is a story, no different from FF 587 or Cap 25. It'll all be over soon enough.

+1

Avenging 15.1 is the only one to show the "claws" that were discussed a while back. So, to me, that's the only appearance of "Superior" so far. Whether it counts as a full or cameo (since the claws are the last page or two) remains to be seen and debated. I'd call it full, but I can see it as a cameo.

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

Yes I agree. Conformation that Superior first appeared in DD 21 comes when DD 22 comes out. I still say DD 21 is the first appearance and not 700.

Yes I agree. Conformation that Superior first appeared in DD 21 comes when DD 22 comes out. I still say DD 21 is the first appearance and not 700.

To me DD21 is like Hulk 180.

+1

So not only should I get DD 21 I should get Superior SM #1 also right?

Edited by retrothecollector

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

Doc Oc has been Spiderman for some months now so your argument is missing a few issues, he appeared at the end of Daredevil #21, he's also appeared recently (as Doc Oc Spidey) in Avengers Vs X-Men, Avenging Spiderman, Avengers, New Avengers etc etc etc so technically his 1st appearance could be any number of comics from the last few months.

His 1st appearance in new Superior Spiderman Costume is Avenging Spiderman #15.1

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

Doc Oc has been Spiderman for some months now so your argument is missing a few issues, he appeared at the end of Daredevil #21, he's also appeared recently (as Doc Oc Spidey) in Avengers Vs X-Men, Avenging Spiderman, Avengers, New Avengers etc etc etc so technically his 1st appearance could be any number of comics from the last few months.

His 1st appearance in new Superior Spiderman Costume is Avenging Spiderman #15.1

And which issues are those that he appears in as Superior Spider-Man besides 700, dd21 and Avenging 15.1?

In my opinion:

"death" of Peter

As much as I dislike Slott I think dd21 is the first. c7ea3002-f49e-4727-b762-a1bf_zpsb1a280f7.jpg[/img]

Edited by MrWeen