• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

It should have already taken off. I dont understand that Cap 6 book. I thought it would have been big already, but hasnt done a whole lot maybe it will take movie stills to move the price.

I was thinking the same thing. I have Cap 6 on my "find" list for when I dig through long boxes, but every time I find one, I'm not sure it is the right one as the prices on eBay are rather bleak compared to other "hot" movie books.

To be sure I'm not onto the wrong issue, these are the ones in question, right:

Variant:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-6-1ST-WINTER-SOLDIER-CGC-9-8-SS-Signed-Stan-Lee-1ST-PRINT-/271121263829?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f20162cd5

Orig:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-6-strict-NM-NM-9-2-Out-of-Time-Part-6-tons-more-Kermitspad-/360534183696?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53f1830f10

Those are the right ones, although the version with Bucky/Winter Soldier on the cover is the variant edition. Cap #14 still sells a bit higher than these issues based on the cover, but I expect #6 to pass it.

Also, just looking at GPA, I see the last sale for a 9.8 Variant #6 was for $150.00, so it's moving upward.

Edited by Illustrious

Interesting. That is a relatively low print run. What was it for the Batgirl and Catwoman 2nd prints?

Around the same. The lowest was Catwoman 13, with just over 20,000. I just point out Batman 13's second printing because it's a sweet cover. The Batgirl and Catwoman covers are meh, IMO.

Interesting. That is a relatively low print run. What was it for the Batgirl and Catwoman 2nd prints?

Around the same. The lowest was Catwoman 13, with just over 20,000. I just point out Batman 13's second printing because it's a sweet cover. The Batgirl and Catwoman covers are meh, IMO.

Interesting!! Where do you find such data?

The comic chronicles

It should have already taken off. I dont understand that Cap 6 book. I thought it would have been big already, but hasnt done a whole lot maybe it will take movie stills to move the price.

I was thinking the same thing. I have Cap 6 on my "find" list for when I dig through long boxes, but every time I find one, I'm not sure it is the right one as the prices on eBay are rather bleak compared to other "hot" movie books.

Those are the right ones, although the version with Bucky/Winter Soldier on the cover is the variant edition. Cap #14 still sells a bit higher than these issues based on the cover, but I expect #6 to pass it.

Also, just looking at GPA, I see the last sale for a 9.8 Variant #6 was for $150.00, so it's moving upward.

After reading your posts I decided to snag a couple online. Lonestar had copies of the Winter Soldier variant and regular editions on the site. I put the two Winter Soldier variants in my cart first, and when I went to snag the regular #1 someone else had picked it up. lol

Which one of you boardies did that? :devil:

After reading your posts I decided to snag a couple online. Lonestar had copies of the Winter Soldier variant and regular editions on the site. I put the two Winter Soldier variants in my cart first, and when I went to snag the regular #1 someone else had picked it up. lol

Which one of you boardies did that? :devil:

I posted about these books 4-5 months ago..Glad you guys are picking up the winter soldier books.. great story line captain america: winter soldier.. which winter soldier variant did you select.. all covers are awesome..

The comic chronicles

I tried to find the info about 2hd and later printings, with no results.

Can you please try to fint the print run of Detective Comics 1 4th, 5th and 6th print?

I know, I suck using search engines

Hawkeye 3 and 4 are not getting the love Hawkeye 1 and 2 are getting, but their print runs are just as low. Both around 33, 34k. Just sayin. I'm betting 5 is similar in print run.

The reason being is because fans know its a good book now so they wont pass up 3 and 4. 1 and 2 were passed up and now buyers looking to find a copy. I could have easily sold another 10 copies of 1. Best bet is selling 1 or a set of the books. I sold 1-3 sets easily.

Hawkeye 3 and 4 are not getting the love Hawkeye 1 and 2 are getting, but their print runs are just as low. Both around 33, 34k. Just sayin. I'm betting 5 is similar in print run.

The reason being is because fans know its a good book now so they wont pass up 3 and 4. 1 and 2 were passed up and now buyers looking to find a copy. I could have easily sold another 10 copies of 1. Best bet is selling 1 or a set of the books. I sold 1-3 sets easily.

Very true. I ran into 6 sets of 1-2 at some random comic shops and sold them all within 48 hours of putting them up. Very hot.

Interestingly, though, I put up a #1 variant (Spider-Man and Doc on the cover) and sold that for less than cover.

I kept a couple sets for long-term and the rest of the arc (3-5) to read.

-- dave