• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

I mean, if ASM 678 is consistently a $300 book why can't the Ditko cover (as a $7.99 1:200) double that?

It's a great cover. I'm rather bullish on its near-term potential.

I think it will have value long term too. What I don't think is that it will go up indefinitely. I remember when Spider-man 1 Platinum was a $1000+ book. Now it's like a $100 book. This book will be hot for awhile, but will stabilize.

I mean, if ASM 678 is consistently a $300 book why can't the Ditko cover (as a $7.99 1:200) double that?

Because it doesn't have a sexy Mary Jane as Venom on it. That cover is by far the best spider man cover I've ever seen IMO. I would f***king die if I owned the OA to that cover.....I'm a sucker for drawn girls..especially Mary Jane.....

Edited by retrothecollector

Because it doesn't have a sexy Mary Jane as Venom on it. That cover is by far the best spider man cover I've ever seen IMO. I would f***king die if I owned the OA to that cover.....I'm a sucker for drawn girls..especially Mary Jane.....

Please tell me you're joking

I actually think it's a pretty terrible cover. I think if that's what's driving it, the 606 variants should be significantly more valuable.

I actually think it's a pretty terrible cover. I think if that's what's driving it, the 606 variants should be significantly more valuable.

I couldn't agree more about how awful of a cover it is. I'm at a loss for why it is so hot on eBay...

The Ditko is now a $1000 book raw - just ended

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-700-RARE-1-200-STEVE-DITKO-VARIANT-/140899896625?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ce49cd31&autorefresh=true

I wonder how much CGC 9.8 graded copies will end up going for.

hm

how are ASMs looking for 9.9's or better? any shot?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-700-RARE-1-200-STEVE-DITKO-VARIANT-/140899896625?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ce49cd31&autorefresh=true

hm

how are ASMs looking for 9.9's or better? any shot?

I'll go out on a limb and say no on that happening. Bindery Tears plus the roller marks coming off the press plague these books due to the thickness.

The Martin Diner cover is a tough one due to the black cover, but the other $8 covers fared better when it came to the color breaks on the spine due to the roller depressions.

The Quesadas and the Ditko are luck of the draw. So many retailers only ordered 200 copies due to the $8 cover price so what they got is what they got.

hm

I just wonder if the market will still be there after they get back from CGC. I suppose on the Ditko cover it will be...

hm

No offense, but $1K for that is just plain silly.

DITKO actually drew a comic book again? That's cool though. What's the story behind it?