• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Someone is going to get absolutely bankrupted holding the baby on this one.

Hope its no-one from here.

The nineties are almost back.

Holo-foil anyone?

Not me homie. Someone is going to make a mint here as we'll (not me either).

Edited by ItsJustRyan

Hi Guys. Just popped in to hopefully clarify the situation regarding the Limited Edition Comix/LSCC Superior Spider Man 1 variant.

This is uncharted territory for us, having never done this before and although we thought demand would be strong, it has been a bit of a shock to see the extent of interest this has generated, due in no small part to the superb job Adi Granov did with the art on this cover.

here are some faq type answers;

1. All orders placed prior to 12.00am yesterday (midnight) G.M.T. will be honoured in full.

2. All orders after that will be for 2 copies per customer and orders for larger quantities will be auto cancelled.

3. All books will be bagged and boarded and sent in a stiff comic book mailer.

4. You should email Midtown for details of availability and price from them, that is strictly a matter for them.

5. We intend to have a minimum of 1,000 copies available at LSCC for customers to buy exclusively at our booth.

6. Dan Slott & Adi Granov will sign copies for no extra charge exclusively at our booth.

I hope that answers most of your questions. Feel free to pm me if you do not see your query answered above and thanks for your interest. (thumbs u

Awesome. Thank you for honouring (<--spelled your way ;) ) the sale and for the clear communication. (thumbs u

due in no small part to the superb job Adi Granov did with the art on this cover.

I agree, it's an awesome cover, very dynamic. Somewhat ironically, given the nature of the 'Peter's replacement' storyline, IMO it is the "old-school-Spideyest" of the variant covers. And probably my favorite as well.

So the preview doesn't count? So many rules to this hobby

Oh it counts, sadly you will get a bunch or jokers who will say no because they are heavily invested in books they mistakenly think are the first appearance. Nice work on finding this one!

I said somewhere in the Is Spider-man Superior thread that Marvel Previews 2 actually contains the first Superior Spidey. No one acknowledged my post at the time.

I remember very distinctly picking it up and flipping through it. It came out one week before DD21 even if you count DD21 to contain Superior's first appearance. Even if you discount Marvel Previews 2, which was free, I think it's really Avenging Spidey 15.1 that's the first app.

Anyway, a year from now Superior will be inferior and the title will be canceled.

I continue to be gobsmacked by how the ASM #700 Midtown Incentive is doing on ebay. Even discounting the highest of the ending prices (due to bidding wars, etc), it looks like run-of-the-mill copies are beginning to break the $150 mark with no signs of letting up. Wish I'd been more on the ball on this one!

I continue to be gobsmacked by how the ASM #700 Midtown Incentive is doing on ebay. Even discounting the highest of the ending prices (due to bidding wars, etc), it looks like run-of-the-mill copies are beginning to break the $150 mark with no signs of letting up. Wish I'd been more on the ball on this one!

Just wait until its "Twin" cover comes out next week!!!

Seriously. It will be crazy. I'm going to stop in at Midtown on Wednesday... might need to wear body armor. :eek:

Would it be smarter to sell the Midtown #700 now while its super hot. Or wait on the twin cover and pair them together?

Is the LSCC variant available at Midtown? Or any other US retailer for that matter? Just curious

It's supposed to be. Not sure when it will be listed on their site, but they are the exclusive US retailer for this variant.

My guess is that the print run on the twin cover will be significantly higher. I would sell now.

I don't know. If I were a LCS that is marketing a "connecting" comic with my Logo, why would I want to print more of one then the other? (shrug) Don't I run the risk of irritating some collectors that will never "complete" the image? Sorry but I just don't see it happening... 2c

My guess is that the print run on the twin cover will be significantly higher. I would sell now.

I don't know. If I were a LCS that is marketing a "connecting" comic with my Logo, why would I want to print more of one then the other? (shrug) Don't I run the risk of irritating some collectors that will never "complete" the image? Sorry but I just don't see it happening... 2c

I'd tell you why, but I don't want to be the one responsible for eroding your 'Catcher in the Rye' worldview. :grin:

Ha. :)

Because the price on the first variant pretty much guarantees that they can sell at least 5x as many of the 2nd variant. Because they are in the business of making money. And because they never stated a hard and fast variant on either cover.

Just look at the number of people on this forum who maxed out orders on the 2nd after missing the boat on the 1st.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.