• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I wouldn't say it's nuts to list them for a bin. I recently sold a set of weeklies for a bin that I was totally fine with. I still think branget is right about the first rule of speculation being you don't talk about it. I've certainly been reaping some benefits of the popularity of certain comic titles right now, but I feel like numbers can sometimes over step the seller's eyes. The big guys at the top don't divulge their interests and strategies for a reason.

I really think that there is an unhealthy amount of speculation about the series right now and certain issues of the wd are selling for unreasonable prices. Good for sellers, but will the prices still hold? Do people really think a raw copy of issue 27 is worth 100 bucks? I say its close to 20k print says otherwise.

A 9.8 SS of Walking Dead #19 just sold for $999.

That's crazy, right?

I saw that. I'm sure JJ doesn't think it's crazy.

Believe it or not, before next season hits, I believe a BLUE label 9.8 will go for a $900-$1k It will happen....... This property is so fekking hot, I am just in awe of prices being realized.

And right at that moment you should have the exact same tingling sensation you got when you sold a Magnus #12 for $200 in 1993. lol

That's crazy, right?

Believe it or not, before next season hits, I believe a BLUE label 9.8 will go for a $900-$1k It will happen....... This property is so fekking hot, I am just in awe of prices being realized.

And right at that moment you should have the exact same tingling sensation you got when you sold a Magnus #12 for $200 in 1993. lol

It is that kind of analysis that has me thinking about selling my multi-signed 19 and 27. I don't want to, but I feel like a bad capitalist if I don't.

well my string of bad luck with 0 feedback posters hasn't gotten any better. Guess it's hit or miss. Not that overall feedback of Bidders means anything anymore.

I've had 2 messages asking if the Walking Dead Weekly #1 is a true 1st printing...so i guess there's a bit of confusion and people don't have the knowledge of what's what. Doesn't hurt to spend a bit of time researching before you start bidding.

Edited by krighton

That's crazy, right?

It is that kind of analysis that has me thinking about selling my multi-signed 19 and 27. I don't want to, but I feel like a bad capitalist if I don't.

Yup. It's getting hard not to sell at this point. Dug out my 19 and 27 yesterday and they both have a shot at 9.8. :eek:

That's crazy, right?

Since you're a confirmed bad capitalist already what's the problem? (shrug)

That's crazy, right?

Since you're a confirmed bad capitalist already what's the problem? (shrug)

lol That is so frickin' true.

Two books of note that keep popping up on The Market under Modern Age comics heating up is:

Lady Mechanika #0 NYCC

and

Saga #1

I thought Lady Mechanika was a dead property but recently it is becoming super hot. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I sold my #0 copy for as little as $10 a few months back and thought I was lucky to have gotten that. doh! As for Saga #1, I have no clue to why this book is so suddenly all over the list of top 100 modern age comics heating up. I wish I knew. Can someone clue me in? (shrug)

Edited by whetteon

now granted, some confusion can exist.

Weekly Lot

Hum...4 bids and it jumps from 40.00 to 500.00 hm

Yeah, this Seller has even added a note in red at the bottom of the listing clarifying that this is the 2011 reprint. I mean, the books aren't even in great condition, for pete's sake! Would probably take an analysis of the final prices that come from listings that clearly state "reprint" versus those listings that just say "first printing". Curious. So many people jumping on the WD bandwagon who just don't know squat about the actual comic series. Dollar signs just start lighting up their eyes, thinking they're getting a steal. I could be wrong. But my gut tells me that many of these high rollers are a case of mistaken identity. (shrug) But hey, if you want to run with the bulls (or zombies), you risk getting gored (bitten). So, congrats to the Sellers in the end!

Stating the name with a scan of the cover should be enough....not like they are hiding what they are selling

Yeah, the onus is definitely on the Buyer to do their homework first. (Sorry, Krighton, if I've come across as hammering you on ethics or something. Don't mean to do that.) Will be interesting seeing the fallout from all of this over the upcoming months/years, and if the prices are real for both reg & reprint series, and if those prices continue to hold or trend upward. :juggle: It's an incredibly fascinating phenomenon going on at the moment, both good and potentially bad.

Stating the name with a scan of the cover should be enough....not like they are hiding what they are selling

Yeah, the onus is definitely on the Buyer to do their homework first. (Sorry, Krighton, if I've come across as hammering you on ethics or something. Don't mean to do that.) Will be interesting seeing the fallout from all of this over the upcoming months/years, and if the prices are real for both reg & reprint series, and if those prices continue to hold or trend upward. :juggle: It's an incredibly fascinating phenomenon going on at the moment, both good and potentially bad.

i was torn between saying REPRINT which may make some people assume that the weekly is actually a 2nd printing of the weekly not just the original and trying to spell it all out and making it even worse. Anyways, some people are going to be confused no matter what they see. I just hope the person that buys it doesn't do it in the last second not even bothering to look at what he's pulling the trigger on.

Edited by krighton

That's crazy, right?

Well if it won't hurt you to see it drop back down to 10% to 25% of what it's selling for now in a few years then keep it.

Otherwise sell it, and wait until no one gives a carp in a few years and buy them all back at a huge discount....like you could have done with Magnus #12 at $3 to $5 a pop between 1998 and 2005.