• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I thought the Knightfall run did get a very small bump. I think they're averaging about $40 per set, which is up about $10 from the past year or so.

Complete sets with Knightsquest and Knights End are going for $100+. I don't know if its always been that way though.

Interesting, I pieced several set together years ago just in case using the dollar bins at various shops. I even picked up the Knightsquest books. Heck, I may get lucky and sell them off and buy some more art :wishluck:

I actually love looking in 25 and 50 cent bins for Knightfalls. I still constantly find them there, and have put together 10-15 sets like that. I've sold half of those at about $40 each. Its pretty easy money if you have alot of small conventions and flea markets in your area, since everyone puts Knightfall in their cheap bins.

I hate you for putting these thoughts in my tiny brain. Wouldn't you know it, my LCS had exactly one of these book dumps today...someone had just brought in about 7 or 8 years worth of Batman titles from 1993 - 2000. shop owner decided to sprinkle pieces of it among all the cheap book long boxes. 2 hours later I have incomplete sets of kinghtfall, knightquest and knights end, gave up on a few other sets, and roughly 75% of the Batman and Detective Comics issues from 1993 - 2000 as well as tons of one shots, annuals, etc. i just can't get too into the secondary batman titles after the big two though.

Also had about first 6 or 7 years of the first Catwoman series...was very tempted (I like a lot of those covers), but decided I had already bitten off a lot with all the Batmans/Detectives. Now I have to piece together these sets from the last time I tried this Knightfall/quest/end project a few years ago. Like I said, I always seem to be a couple of books short!

Knightfall sets are easy to put together. None of the books are really hard to find, and if you find most of the parts in the 25 and 50 cents bins, you can probably get a 2-3 missing parts for $1-2 from other places and not feel too bad. Most of the time, sets can be put together for around $10.

Knightsquest and Knights End are much tougher to put together, at least for me. I see them in the cheap bins all the time, but the problem is that there are alot of parts to them and its hard to get all the books for both runs. That, and you need a checklist for them, since the parts are not clearly marked like Knightfall.

I think that's why a complete Knightfall/Knightsquest/Knights End set goes for so much. Most people figure its not worth the hassle to look for all 70+ books.

Edited by lemonman5

I've got all the Batman Knightfall, Kinghtquest and Knights End issues in typical $1 bin quality, okay I picked out the good ones lol

The whole thing selling for $300? I doubt that....even if they actually are all 9.6+

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Adventure Time #1 is blowing up all over, had no idea it would be this scarce and resell so well.

I guess the runs on these books are very low I talked to a rep yesterday at wondercon and he said that the cover E was limited to a print run of 35 :o

Adventure Time #1 is blowing up all over, had no idea it would be this scarce and resell so well.

I guess the runs on these books are very low I talked to a rep yesterday at wondercon and he said that the cover E was limited to a print run of 35 :o

I am gonna have to say that rep isn't close to right. I just counted 26 active and completed copies on ebay in the past few weeks and that doesn't count the huge quantities that Lone Star/Midtown/Milehigh and countless other retailers had. I would guess he missed a 0 at the very least. Just my 2 cents.

I've got all the Batman Knightfall, Kinghtquest and Knights End issues in typical $1 bin quality, okay I picked out the good ones lol

The whole thing selling for $300? I doubt that....even if they actually are all 9.6+

Jerome

I don't think it will sell for even close to $300. $100, maybe even $150 is definitely a possibility if you look at the completed eBay listings.

These were 35:1 not 35 total.

Adventure Time is a perfect example of multiple variant covers driving sales and scarcity. If there was only one cover, I don't think that this comic would demand nearly as much cash in the secondary market.

30:1 ? https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22639599

30:1 ? https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22639599

You're right I had 35 in my head.

Luther Strode 1 CGC 9.8's remain sold out on ebay with the last copies selling for approximately $70.00. There are no CGC 9.8 copies of issue 1 available elsewhere online. In fact, I've made multiple posts on the Want to Buy section of these boards requesting that someone sell me a CGC 9.8 copy and haven't received any response to my request. I think we'll see heat for this title build when the TPB hits. There is not a single ebay seller who indicates that the raw NM copies they are selling are CGC 9.8 candidates. Interestingly, a CGC copy of issue 3 has not sold although it has been listed on ebay for a significant amount of time.

The last issue of the series confirms that a new Luther Strode title will launch this Fall which will also encourage interest in the secondary market. The new series is titled the Legend of Luther Strode and its expected release date is October 2012.

i have 3 9.8s if they were pressed....all they have is 1 slight bend near the spine.

although i think if i publicized sending a modern in to be pressed it would cause many

:facepalm:

and

doh!

maybe i'll just send all 3 in secretly and hold joeypress to a vow of silence.

Edited by krighton