• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

Not sure if this thread still has to do with Wolverine 35 or not but just in case...

I tracked down mine over the holidays and it has the same printer defects. Mine had two in the orange just above the black areas so not as bad as some of the others I have seen...but still not an elusive 9.8 or anything like that.

:frustrated:

It's like trying to find bigfoot or Paris Hilton's brain :ohnoez:

The entire print run was like this. It's also not the only book printed this way. There may be a small handful that don't have these tears, but it's not likely.

:whistle:

:popcorn:

:frustrated:

It's like trying to find bigfoot or Paris Hilton's brain :ohnoez:

Maybe a Bobo re-enactment and the use of trailcams and thermal imaging can shed some light on why squatch stomped all over this print run. We have casts and scat all around the printer. :idea:

I have one copy that is much cleaner than my others. It has a spider web size stress in a different place, lower than others. Whisper thin crack almost feels like a small printers crease. I posted in PGM. The copies I've seen with Black Cap box seem worse than the UPC ones.

Should we consider this a printers defect and scale the grades higher on a curve?

2c

wolvie35.jpg

Should we consider this a printers defect and scale the grades higher on a curve?

2c

No. Because what happens when a copy surfaces without the problem?

Can we not be content to have 9.6 as the highest grade? Why would anyone want to have the grade less than accurate?

2c

Can we not be content to have 9.6 as the highest grade?Why would anyone want to have the grade less than accurate?

NO :sumo:

2c

Can we not be content to have 9.6 as the highest grade?Why would anyone want to have the grade less than accurate?

So if all the books you've ever seen were produced with the cover ripped in half, you'd be content with CGC calling that a 9.8? Seriously?

2c

So if all the books you've ever seen were produced with the cover ripped in half, you'd be content with CGC calling that a 9.8? Seriously?

WHAT!!!!

Hell no.

I'm just not content with 9.6 being the highest graded copy.

I want CGC to grade this book accurately as possible.

There has to be a 9.8 copy of #35 somewhere.

I will wait till CGC grades a 9.8 copy,no matter what.

2c

No sir. The smallest of unobtrusive stress caused in production should not preclude uber high grade on an otherwise flawless example. I don't know whether it's 9.9, 9.8, 9.6 or another number. But as in afforementioned ASM #300, the printing process is not an equal playing field in all books ever printed. We know that a single miniscule stressor will grade differently in a New Mutants 87 than it will in a Marvel Comics 1.

Does a mole on Eva Mendes face make her any less than a 10? (shrug)

2c

No sir. The smallest of unobtrusive stress caused in production should not preclude uber high grade on an otherwise flawless example. I don't know whether it's 9.9, 9.8, 9.6 or another number. But as in afforementioned ASM #300, the printing process is not an equal playing field in all books ever printed. We know that a single miniscule stressor will grade differently in a New Mutants 87 than it will in a Marvel Comics 1.

Eva Mendes is not a 10. :makepoint:

2c

A strong 8 1/2. :luhv:

2c

A strong 8 1/2. :luhv:

I say a 9.