• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

hm

If there's any hope, I suspect it will be in newsstand versions......

Why?

I always thought that newsstand versions were tougher to find in higher grades thus (sometimes) more desirable.

Because this is a print-run wide phenomenon, and when they changed the plates for the newsstand printing, they have a chance to fix whatever's causing the problem in the run.

That is why you will almost never find a Cap #241 Direct Market without a printer's crease in the lower right corner, and you will also almost never find a Cap #241 newsstand WITH a printer's crease in that same corner. The problem was fixed in between the runs.

Thus, if there's any hope, it will be in the newsstand version....

hm

Why?

I always thought that newsstand versions were tougher to find in higher grades thus (sometimes) more desirable.

Because this is a print-run wide phenomenon, and when they changed the plates for the newsstand printing, they have a chance to fix whatever's causing the problem in the run.

That is why you will almost never find a Cap #241 Direct Market without a printer's crease in the lower right corner, and you will also almost never find a Cap #241 newsstand WITH a printer's crease in that same corner. The problem was fixed in between the runs.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense.

Is there a difference in the print runs between the direct and newsstand?

Do you think that a Wolvie #35 direct 9.8 would realize more then a Wolvie newsstand 9.8?

hm

Why?

So, was today's experience with RMA a net positive,or net negative?

Please drop off your survey on the way out.

Not much, at this point. The newsstand was still chugging along.

Do you think that a Wolvie #35 direct 9.8 would realize more then a Wolvie newsstand 9.8?

No. There's no premium either way at the moment. The two balance each other out.

hm

Why?

No. There's no premium either way at the moment. The two balance each other out.

Thanks for the info RMA :)

hm

Why?

Don't know what you mean by that exactly. (shrug) I have nothing against you.

Thanks for the information all the same. (thumbs u

hm

Why?

Don't know what you mean by that exactly. (shrug) I have nothing against you.

Thanks for the information all the same. (thumbs u

Haven't been keeping up with the "What would you do, Part the Second" thread...?

;)

It's a play on the fact that Transplant accused me of being a "cancer" on these boards, and that I am a far bigger negative than a positive here.

:whee:

I don't even really collect Wolverine, especially this issue, but for whatever reason, I read this whole thread a few weeks back and ever since have been on the look out for copies of this issue without the discussed defect. No luck. Interesting.

$500 will do that to someone.

:ohnoez::baiting:

I don't even really collect Wolverine, especially this issue, but for whatever reason, I read this whole thread a few weeks back and ever since have been on the look out for copies of this issue without the discussed defect. No luck. Interesting.

$500 will do that to someone.

:ohnoez::baiting:

:roflmao:

I'm not sure I could bring myself to charge that much for one if I found it, though. Maybe because I'm not one of the people willing to throw out $500 for the issue, so I couldn't expect someone else to... But if you guys haven't found one, I doubt little old me ever will.

:tonofbricks: